Mid East MI, IN, OH, KY, WV, and VA

I Need Help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2008, 09:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy I Need Help!!!

[/B][/B]Hey whats up everybody im new to this site and i juss wanted to introduce myself to everyone. i have a 2005 cobalt that i have done quite a few mods 2 and now i have ran into some serious problems and i need some help!! Well my road floods really bad and the last big rain we had it flooded my road witch i didnt know then i left my house to go toward town to meet my crew i ran into the high water.... i came almost a hair from loseing my car in the high water for good!!!! in the begining all the electronics were messing up really bad! i could even take my keys out of the ignition and my car would still b running but when i shut it off by droppin the clutch to kill it i would have to jump start it but then it would run fine..... but now it wont even jump start the lights all work fine the fuses are all good the fuel pump kicks on and it juss clicks when i hit the key... need sum help asap... thanks

Last edited by freddscobalt10; 02-10-2008 at 10:22 PM. Reason: dont like it
Old 02-10-2008, 10:40 PM

how long did the car run after this little problem with the water it's sounds like to me that if you had a cold air intake that you may have sucked up some water and after time it has lock up the motor to test my theory jack the car up and try to turn the crank by hand
Old 02-10-2008, 10:52 PM

ight man but it ran fine cause i brought it home from about 3 miles where the water was but before i brought it home i sucked the water out of the floorboards with the vacum at the car wash and it ran fine for about the 4 miles to my house and then i shut it off to show my dad what i done and it hasnt started since... we even tryed pullin it down the road with his truck... ps i do have a intake so that could be a possiblility
Old 02-11-2008, 12:58 PM

sup man. i dont know where that is never eard of it either. but im from lorain and not many know where im from welcome
Old 02-11-2008, 01:02 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by freddscobalt10
ight man but it ran fine cause i brought it home from about 3 miles where the water was but before i brought it home i sucked the water out of the floorboards with the vacum at the car wash and it ran fine for about the 4 miles to my house and then i shut it off to show my dad what i done and it hasnt started since... we even tryed pullin it down the road with his truck... ps i do have a intake so that could be a possiblility
It's not hydrolocked cause that would have happened immediately.

I would check your fuses and possibly your PCM

If your car has under 36,000 miles you can have it towed to the dealer for free no questions asked.
Old 02-11-2008, 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by freddscobalt10
o yeah you probably did then especially if you were vacuuming water out of your floor board I would do what he said in the last post and try to turn the crank and if the crank doesnt turn over then chances are its locked up, gotta watch driving through water especially with cai systems thats just asking to blow it up, gl man.