Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2012, 09:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where u get the plastics for the bike?
Old 10-08-2012, 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by Sir_Hiro
Hell ya another Rally Yellow..with the same intake as me! AWESOME
ya man, I am going to plasti dip my wheels and do the evo mod just like you have soon here. I have to ask, is this a good intake? I am thinking of switching to a ZZP one. I havnt heard of this one, but i did fine out it is an AFE
Old 10-08-2012, 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by Killa SS
Where u get the plastics for the bike?
I got them from Motofansclub. They took 2 days to get onto the bike because they are a China fairing company. there are a couple runs, but for $350 it wasnt a bad deal.

here is a link to my build thread on my bike.
Old 10-08-2012, 09:57 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by -Rizzo-
I got them from Motofansclub. They took 2 days to get onto the bike because they are a China fairing company. there are a couple runs, but for $350 it wasnt a bad deal.

here is a link to my build thread on my bike.
i too have an rr. mines a performance stock bike with looks done to it. im tossing keeping it right now but it could use some help. so i may be getting ahold of you soon for help( i suck with bikes but work wonders on cars).
Old 10-08-2012, 10:37 PM

That's one clean '03 CBR... welcome. gorgeous bike, and excellent color choice on the car.
Old 10-08-2012, 10:47 PM

ya man, I am going to plasti dip my wheels and do the evo mod just like you have soon here. I have to ask, is this a good intake? I am thinking of switching to a ZZP one. I havnt heard of this one, but i did fine out it is an AFE
Its a amazing intake..I love mine...also when you do ur rims...make sure you get the lug nut holes really good..cuz if you dont..you will scracth it off when taking em on and off..I did and pissed.
Old 10-08-2012, 10:59 PM

I would say ZZP intake, I love mine. all I had before it was an airbox mod so i can't really compare it to other intakes.
Old 10-08-2012, 11:15 PM

All intakes are basicly the same..just a big tube with a sensor mount lolol..
Old 10-08-2012, 11:20 PM

Originally Posted by bmxracerchamp12
i too have an rr. mines a performance stock bike with looks done to it. im tossing keeping it right now but it could use some help. so i may be getting ahold of you soon for help( i suck with bikes but work wonders on cars).
i have learned a lot, and if i dont know something i have a buddy in brighton who knows how to rebuild, mod, or anything to a bike
Originally Posted by JBRY
That's one clean '03 CBR... welcome. gorgeous bike, and excellent color choice on the car.
thanks man, everyone hates yellow, but i love it. i cant misplace it in a parking lot thats for sure! plus i love the black and yellow leather.
Its a amazing intake..I love mine...also when you do ur rims...make sure you get the lug nut holes really good..cuz if you dont..you will scracth it off when taking em on and off..I did and pissed.
yea i will deff remember that. i am going to do some rally type stripes on the fenders also, kind of add a look to it. but i do need your guys help.....i hit water about 3 weeks back and sucked it into the intake. my super charger pressure sensor code kicked on in my car. i replaced the on the front of the SC but it still is current. car runs fine, so i know its ok to run it with this code on because the sensor controles boost in reverse and also in 1-2 gear above 5500 rpm. so if you guys can help me kinda figure out where the other sensors are that would be great.

id really like to learn some stuff from you guys, i want to do the HURST shifter in my car, want the gears a little tighter. i also am thinking of painting my silver dash. this is because ******* tintmasters in lansing fucked it up so they had to repaint it, and they didnt even match it. going to do it like black, or yellow idk yet
Old 10-08-2012, 11:20 PM

good point. Hell I built a snorkel for my jeep before with some 3" pvc and good filter and a can of spray paint. worked great and it didn't cost $450. An ebay intake probably works well if you toss a decent filter on it.
Old 10-08-2012, 11:25 PM

Originally Posted by Vegas
good point. Hell I built a snorkel for my jeep before with some 3" pvc and good filter and a can of spray paint. worked great and it didn't cost $450. An ebay intake probably works well if you toss a decent filter on it.
yea to some extent they can be all the same, however i learned they wernt the same on my 300C. people tested them all on dynos. im not saying that hasnt been done here, just prolly depends on motor, quality and what not
Old 10-08-2012, 11:32 PM

thanks man, everyone hates yellow, but i love it. i cant misplace it in a parking lot thats for sure! plus i love the black and yellow leather.
You will love it and hate it. I have been pulled over more in my yellow cobalt than all of my other vehicles combined.

Did you clear the code after you replaced the sensor?
Old 10-08-2012, 11:38 PM

Originally Posted by Vegas
You will love it and hate it. I have been pulled over more in my yellow cobalt than all of my other vehicles combined.

Did you clear the code after you replaced the sensor?
well ill tell u this, i sucked water up through the super charger...but didnt hydrolock it. i went to auto zone and he said the code was current, but being that cant completely clear the code, its prolly still there. he like took it away, like reset it and it went away for like 20 min then came back on and has stayed on since then.

and as for being pulled over, yep i hear ya. i called on a drunk driver once and got pulled over by the cops. i even told him that and he was like oh that was u? then i got pulled over yesterday for avoiding potholes. cop said can i ask why u are all over the road? i said i have low pro tires and a sport suspension, i dont wanna brake ****.
Old 10-08-2012, 11:45 PM

i have learned a lot, and if i dont know something i have a buddy in brighton who knows how to rebuild, mod, or anything to a bike

yea i will deff remember that. i am going to do some rally type stripes on the fenders also, kind of add a look to it. but i do need your guys help.....i hit water about 3 weeks back and sucked it into the intake. my super charger pressure sensor code kicked on in my car. i replaced the on the front of the SC but it still is current. car runs fine, so i know its ok to run it with this code on because the sensor controles boost in reverse and also in 1-2 gear above 5500 rpm. so if you guys can help me kinda figure out where the other sensors are that would be great.

id really like to learn some stuff from you guys, i want to do the HURST shifter in my car, want the gears a little tighter. i also am thinking of painting my silver dash. this is because ******* tintmasters in lansing fucked it up so they had to repaint it, and they didnt even match it. going to do it like black, or yellow idk yet
Ill trade u my hurst for ur stocker plus a few bucks...
Also take ur driver headlight out and look and see if u have a water sheild on the intake,,if you dont..go get one..it'll keep water from getting in there.
Old 10-08-2012, 11:48 PM

Ill trade u my hurst for ur stocker plus a few bucks.
my stock has some wear on it, the boot is kinda warn on the front, has some vinyl missing

Name:  DA6CE490-3969-491C-A3F6-5CEF307207DC-55719-00001DAA34463786.jpg
Views: 8
Size:  91.8 KB
Name:  E669C6DA-819B-44EA-AA35-3099CCF8222D-55719-00001DAA2B27BA55.jpg
Views: 8
Size:  91.1 KB

you can kinda see in the pics. why do u want ur hurst gone?
Old 10-08-2012, 11:49 PM

Cuz Im gonna get a BPS in the future and I need the stocker..
Old 10-08-2012, 11:55 PM

Cuz Im gonna get a BPS in the future and I need the stocker..
im interested, do u know how to swap them? i sure and the hell dont know how to.
Old 10-08-2012, 11:55 PM

I can..no problem Ill even adjust it for ya my knob has a few scratches on it as well.
Old 10-09-2012, 12:02 AM

I can..no problem Ill even adjust it for ya my knob has a few scratches on it as well.
score! damn u made my day i have been wanting that shifter for a couple days now! i dont know squat about this car really....im coming from a 5.7L Hemi engine to this....totally different worlds
Old 10-09-2012, 01:13 AM

You guys would be so jelly of my TWM. It's amazin
Old 10-09-2012, 03:19 AM

Originally Posted by TimJim
I would love to feel a TWM, i have the cable clamp and bushings from them but havent splurged on the shifter yet lol
Old 10-09-2012, 06:14 AM

Stock shifter ftw lol
Old 10-09-2012, 06:19 AM

That's good. I had my valves adjusted and timing chain adjusted and my timing chain still rattles like hell when I come out of the higher rpms. If I pull the clutch and let it go it goes away. Any idea? Been doing it since i bought the bike.
Old 10-09-2012, 08:25 AM

well ill tell u this, i sucked water up through the super charger...but didnt hydrolock it. i went to auto zone and he said the code was current, but being that cant completely clear the code, its prolly still there. he like took it away, like reset it and it went away for like 20 min then came back on and has stayed on since then.

and as for being pulled over, yep i hear ya. i called on a drunk driver once and got pulled over by the cops. i even told him that and he was like oh that was u? then i got pulled over yesterday for avoiding potholes. cop said can i ask why u are all over the road? i said i have low pro tires and a sport suspension, i dont wanna brake ****.
That's Michigan roads for you, lol. I have friends that go to MSU as well. Maybe you know them. It's hard to stand out here on CSS. Most people have the same mods, and the people that stand out the most have the most money put into their cars, but this is a great community and definitely has the most information about anything you want to know about modding. The cobalt is an awesome car to mod cheaply and have some fun with.

Look into getting a hydro shield.
Ill trade u my hurst for ur stocker plus a few bucks...
Also take ur driver headlight out and look and see if u have a water sheild on the intake,,if you dont..go get one..it'll keep water from getting in there.
How are those base bushings working for you? And do you still want those headlights?
Old 10-09-2012, 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by Gelladuga69
That's Michigan roads for you, lol. I have friends that go to MSU as well. Maybe you know them. It's hard to stand out here on CSS. Most people have the same mods, and the people that stand out the most have the most money put into their cars, but this is a great community and definitely has the most information about anything you want to know about modding. The cobalt is an awesome car to mod cheaply and have some fun with.

Look into getting a hydro shield.
i was thinking of doing that, but yea i hope to kinda make my way into this community.
Originally Posted by bmxracerchamp12
That's good. I had my valves adjusted and timing chain adjusted and my timing chain still rattles like hell when I come out of the higher rpms. If I pull the clutch and let it go it goes away. Any idea? Been doing it since i bought the bike.
ill have to ask my buddy and let u know
Originally Posted by TimJim
how much is the whole kit.....expensive i assume. it looks sweet though

Quick Reply: Michigan