Mid East MI, IN, OH, KY, WV, and VA

Official VA meet details!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2008, 08:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
man **** that on my way there i get 2 tickets..one for illegal exhaust..lol(thanks 2 chris,josh,and another vibrant catback lover..lol) im in the middle and he says its my exhaust..im ******* stock.. and i got a window tint ticket.. but yea that H22 sounded fucked up.. but it was all good
Old 04-26-2008, 09:19 PM

ok I remember this car from the last meet as the only one that had to be worked on and once again the HONDA

I know I am not the only one post them up

Last edited by powerz; 04-26-2008 at 09:37 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 04-26-2008, 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by WhiteSSBalt
Dude.....you don't even wanna know what happened. Lets be brief about....not really...gonna be a long story no matter what.

Pat's Civic starts acting up. I get lost and seperated from Chris/Pat/PTuning Cobalt guy.....find my way back about 10 min later and pull onto the shoulder behind Pat. I jump Pat's hatch b/c his battery is re-located to the rear of his car, and Chris/PTuning guy are in front of him and have no way to get around traffic on the shoulder to get behind him. So we get the hatch going again, and are on our way again. Then we completely lose PTuning guy, so now its just me, Chris and Pat. Still lost at this point btw. Then Pat's car starts making terrible noises and is basically going no-where. We haven't diagnosed the problem just yet, but the motor is done. Blown. All that fun stuff. So now we're in some random neighborhood parked along a curb. Pat calls a flat-bed towtruck, we have to wait about an hour for him to come......then we realize Pat's car is too low to get on the flatbed. BUT, he has adj. coilovers...so we jack it up, put the front coilovers up to the highest setting.......luckily, it makes it onto the flatbed with no scraping w/ the front coilovers adjusted. So then we follow the towtruck back to Pat's dad's house for him to leave his car there in Haymarket, get it off the truck, take some videos/pics, and start heading back to my apt. Now, its Chris and I driving back through Haymarket. Me = lightly tinted tails, kinda loud exhaust. Him = BLACK AS **** tails, LOUD as SHITASS exhaust. BUT, im behind him........and whadaya know, a cop. Of course, the way this day is going, he has to pull me over....and he does. He first starts talking about how illegal my exhaust is, and why I havent taken care of it since I know its illegal, and how he can impound my car b/c im not taking care of it and i've been pulled over for it in the past and havent done anything about it..........but then all of a sudden, Mr. Cop turns nice and asks about my car (and Chris's car), and I tell him we're on our way back from a big meet and whatnot, and point out the forum vinyl and he's like "oh, thats pretty cool, sounds like fun" and stuff. He basically just said Haymarket is a small, quiet town, and he just wanted to give me a forewarning to try to be as quiet as possible when I go through there in the future. I explain to him I was only there b/c Pat's dad lived there and we had to take Pat home b/c his car was dead and stuff. He understands, and tells me he's not gonna do anything about my exhaust and tells me to have a good day. So at least no ticket. But wow.....what a crazy end to a day. Me and Chris will get pics and the video of the hatch coming off the flatbed later today/tommorrow.

But anywho, good turnout, I had alot of fun, wish it woulda been more organized, but owell, it was a goodtime anyways. Thanks to everyone who came out. We'll have to do it again over the summer sometime!

People who took pics.......start posting them!

Goddamn dude! lol.

I stopped like, a mile ahead of where the traffic was, and waited on the shoulder for like 30 minutes, then I circled around back to see what the hell happened, couldn't find anyone, and ended up just heading back.

Looks like I missed the fun ;o
Old 04-26-2008, 10:28 PM

Good fun and a good meet peeps! Glad to see powerz once again (man your car is sick) and good to finally meet alot of you. Eaton, were you the one I was talking to? I will post my pics when I can.
Old 04-26-2008, 10:50 PM

I am way to lazy right now to add the pictures of the broken civic.. But i uploaded them into my gallery.. so you can look at them there.
Old 04-26-2008, 11:16 PM
Not a Sebring

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Home sweet home poor Civic.

Old 04-26-2008, 11:24 PM

alright guys whitessbalt, namedgobalt im gonna make a thread here in the next few days on next upcoming meet this time i think we need to hit a restaurant up instead of people goin off on their own... also im gonna see if i can set somethin up at sonic where right next to it is a wal mart and we could all chill in the parkin lot with a outside tent of some sort...

OR

We could have the meet at kings dominion set somethin up with them barbeque outside and then go into the park as a big group with the same t shirts so we can tell whos who

either way josh could you help me out on settin this up also, we had an ok turn out nothin like i was expecting but next time i hope we can change that
Old 04-26-2008, 11:36 PM
Not a Sebring

Originally Posted by 2fastSS
alright guys whitessbalt, namedgobalt im gonna make a thread here in the next few days on next upcoming meet this time i think we need to hit a restaurant up instead of people goin off on their own... also im gonna see if i can set somethin up at sonic where right next to it is a wal mart and we could all chill in the parkin lot with a outside tent of some sort...

OR

We could have the meet at kings dominion set somethin up with them barbeque outside and then go into the park as a big group with the same t shirts so we can tell whos who

either way josh could you help me out on settin this up also, we had an ok turn out nothin like i was expecting but next time i hope we can change that
Yeah, people always puss out last minute for some reason. I dunno why people did today....the weather was PERFECT all day long.

But yeah man, I think the Kings Dominion idea would be siiiiiiick. So much room for parking, we can take ALL the damn pictures we want, and then we can all go ride rides and **** all day long. That'd be way sick. Get the thread up and i'll back you Max.
Old 04-26-2008, 11:46 PM

I would like to see more pictures. WhiteSS, your exhaust is sick man. Thanks for showing me it and your dirty ass engine bay. :P
Old 04-27-2008, 12:06 AM

https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/mid-east-58/official-kings-dominion-meet-virginia-108999/

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ This is the KINGS DOMINION MEET make sure you all make sure you post up and make it a planned event!!!! No pussying out on this one!!!!!!
Old 04-27-2008, 12:33 AM

yea no pussying out...
Old 04-27-2008, 12:36 AM
Not a Sebring

Originally Posted by ssweeet
I would like to see more pictures. WhiteSS, your exhaust is sick man. Thanks for showing me it and your dirty ass engine bay. :P
haha thanks man. Yeah, revving it up at a stand still does it ZERO justice. Gotta hear it in action....love the crackle down action when it drops below 3k. Sounds viscious. And yeah, my motor looks like ass. Will I clean it? Nah, probally not

But yeah man, keep up the good work on your SS and see you around at the meets over the summer.

Originally Posted by sick_ss/sc
yea no pussying out...
yo Jimmy, when you gonna post up the pics you got? I know you got some rolling shots of my car.....I want them! haha

Last edited by WhiteSSBalt; 04-27-2008 at 12:36 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 04-27-2008, 12:38 AM

yea i will tommorow.. ill email them 2 u and u can post since i dont know how..lol
Old 04-27-2008, 12:42 AM
Not a Sebring

Originally Posted by sick_ss/sc
yea i will tommorow.. ill email them 2 u and u can post since i dont know how..lol
alright that works. My email is WhiteSSBalt@yahoo.com Do you at least know how to upload them to your gallery? If so, I can host them from your gallery.
Old 04-27-2008, 12:50 AM

Originally Posted by WhiteSSBalt
Dude.....you don't even wanna know what happened. Lets be brief about....not really...gonna be a long story no matter what.

Pat's Civic starts acting up. I get lost and seperated from Chris/Pat/PTuning Cobalt guy.....find my way back about 10 min later and pull onto the shoulder behind Pat. I jump Pat's hatch b/c his battery is re-located to the rear of his car, and Chris/PTuning guy are in front of him and have no way to get around traffic on the shoulder to get behind him. So we get the hatch going again, and are on our way again. Then we completely lose PTuning guy, so now its just me, Chris and Pat. Still lost at this point btw. Then Pat's car starts making terrible noises and is basically going no-where. We haven't diagnosed the problem just yet, but the motor is done. Blown. All that fun stuff. So now we're in some random neighborhood parked along a curb. Pat calls a flat-bed towtruck, we have to wait about an hour for him to come......then we realize Pat's car is too low to get on the flatbed. BUT, he has adj. coilovers...so we jack it up, put the front coilovers up to the highest setting.......luckily, it makes it onto the flatbed with no scraping w/ the front coilovers adjusted. So then we follow the towtruck back to Pat's dad's house for him to leave his car there in Haymarket, get it off the truck, take some videos/pics, and start heading back to my apt. Now, its Chris and I driving back through Haymarket. Me = lightly tinted tails, kinda loud exhaust. Him = BLACK AS **** tails, LOUD as SHITASS exhaust. BUT, im behind him........and whadaya know, a cop. Of course, the way this day is going, he has to pull me over....and he does. He first starts talking about how illegal my exhaust is, and why I havent taken care of it since I know its illegal, and how he can impound my car b/c im not taking care of it and i've been pulled over for it in the past and havent done anything about it..........but then all of a sudden, Mr. Cop turns nice and asks about my car (and Chris's car), and I tell him we're on our way back from a big meet and whatnot, and point out the forum vinyl and he's like "oh, thats pretty cool, sounds like fun" and stuff. He basically just said Haymarket is a small, quiet town, and he just wanted to give me a forewarning to try to be as quiet as possible when I go through there in the future. I explain to him I was only there b/c Pat's dad lived there and we had to take Pat home b/c his car was dead and stuff. He understands, and tells me he's not gonna do anything about my exhaust and tells me to have a good day. So at least no ticket. But wow.....what a crazy end to a day. Me and Chris will get pics and the video of the hatch coming off the flatbed later today/tommorrow.

But anywho, good turnout, I had alot of fun, wish it woulda been more organized, but owell, it was a goodtime anyways. Thanks to everyone who came out. We'll have to do it again over the summer sometime!

People who took pics.......start posting them!
Dam.. that sucks.. If i knew it broke down again I would have stopped.. and that sucks you got pulled over.. I kinda lost you guys and didnt know where I was going.. lol.
Old 04-27-2008, 12:53 AM
Not a Sebring

Originally Posted by cer3bral
Dam.. that sucks.. If i knew it broke down again I would have stopped.. and that sucks you got pulled over.. I kinda lost you guys and didnt know where I was going.. lol.
lol word. Yeah, it happens. His **** is DONE.....sounds like he threw a rod. I dunno, I guess we'll get to wrenching on it soon when he gets the funds to do anything with it. For now I guess my ass is gonna tote him around since im his roomate. And yeah, I have no idea where you went, lol. Alexandria traffic is the worst i've ever seen man. But yeah, now I see your username so I can stop calling you "PTuning guy" haha. I'll see you around though man.....ill be coming in soon to order some SPC camber bolts.
Old 04-27-2008, 01:57 AM

today was dope fellas!good ****!

cobalt meets and broken hondas FTW!!!!!
Old 04-27-2008, 02:02 AM

hey cobeezy at your name to the list to the next meet at kings dominion
Old 04-27-2008, 03:25 AM
Banned

Hey everyone, the get together was a good time. It sucks trying to get everyone to stay together on the beltway....... it was fun seeing everyones cars and meeting some people I have never met before etc. Good times, noodle salad.
Old 04-27-2008, 08:20 AM

well my jumper cables almost saved the day ha ha
Old 04-27-2008, 09:19 AM

ok well i was following cobeezy and somehow got lost...i ended up getting to the mall at like 1:30 and found a few stragling balts. we looked around and decided to go to dulles expo where we found one cobalt. he was some random old dude that heard about the meet but wasnt coming. So we went to the park and on the way i got ran off the road and fucked my car up. We then went to a garage and worked on it for a half hour and it was good to go. we got to the park and found no one. we went back to dulles expo and found no one and then went back to fair oaks and found no one. WTF people where the hell did everyone go?
Old 04-27-2008, 10:16 AM

here are some of my photos its not alot

Last edited by ONE BAD 05 SS; 04-27-2008 at 10:16 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 04-27-2008, 11:03 AM
Not a Sebring

Sick pics Chase
Old 04-27-2008, 11:11 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
God Damn it to hell! My ******* return train derailed out near Chicago so I was stuck laying in at the hotel all ******* day! I hate this ****!
Old 04-27-2008, 11:12 AM

damn!!!! it derailed and nobody was hurt?? thats lucky.. i couldnt imagine somethin like that happening.. how did it happen N E ways?

Quick Reply: Official VA meet details!!!!!!!