Mid East MI, IN, OH, KY, WV, and VA

Who's this ricer in Columbus OH?

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2011, 10:07 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Who's this ricer in Columbus OH?

More specifically the West side of 270, heading south, just south of Tuttle. It was Friday evening at 6:15 (So a good bit of traffic). I was driving my fiances Mazda 3. 3 lane highway, I was in the far right lane. Then all of a sudden, a black wingless Cobalt, and a Hyundai Tiburon go flying past me. I was doing 70ish, these morons had to be doing 85+ IN TRAFFIC! Tibby in the far left lane, Cobalt in the middle. They were coming up to a semi, and fast. The Cobalt decides to cut the Tibby off, and came within inches of slamming into the semi, and inches of hitting the Tibby. So then the Tibby has the bright idea of getting in the shoulder lane and flooring it. So then the bright Cobalt driver floors it, and they're racing again. WITH THE TIB IN THE F*CKING SHOULDER!

So yea, thank you for almost hitting me, a semi, and a Tubby. And putting all of our lives in danger, including the dozen or so cars around us. Next time, I hope you hit the semi, flip your car, and are paralyzed so you can no longer be a danger to anyone on the road.

Last edited by cmatthewb101; 02-26-2011 at 10:12 AM.
Old 02-26-2011, 10:09 AM
Vtec Rep
Platinum Member

******* kids.
Old 02-26-2011, 10:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sorry I'll keep the music down next time.
Old 02-26-2011, 10:17 AM

how does a tibby keep up with a cobalt.... (assuming the cobalt was sc or tc)
Old 02-26-2011, 10:18 AM

Figures, I see it all the time. then they slow down and want you to race. I usually flip them off or give them a thumbs down.
Old 02-26-2011, 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by dmeine13
how does a tibby keep up with a cobalt.... (assuming the cobalt was sc or tc)
I'm not 100% is was a SS. I didn't have time to look to see if it had a rear lip.
Old 02-26-2011, 10:27 AM
Banned

It could of been Tweedle Dumb and Tweedle Dumber driving the two cars

Last edited by BlueStang; 02-26-2011 at 10:41 AM.
Old 02-26-2011, 10:39 AM
Nothin Stock

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i got nabbed for street racing, and the cop let me off but i was thinkin, did i learn my lesson?!? say i did it again and killed that cops son. do u think it payed off letin me go be4 since i dint learn my lesson...some ppl need the book layed down on em
Old 02-26-2011, 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by gotboost?17
i got nabbed for street racing, and the cop let me off but i was thinkin, did i learn my lesson?!? say i did it again and killed that cops son. do u think it payed off letin me go be4 since i dint learn my lesson...some ppl need the book layed down on em
Will monetary penalties and jail time teach you anything other than to be careful next time and try not to get caught? Some people are just morons. My friend when I was in high school was speeding. Going about 70 in a 35. I was with him. He always drove like an ass-so rarely would I let him take me anywhere, anyways.

A Highway Patrol officer spotted him and he panicked. He tried to lose him by flooring it and cutting an intersection through a gas station at 70 MPH. We ended up going down a bumpy dirty road, fishtailing and he lost control and spun out. First of all, why run? Second of all, why run in a Ford Aerostar? Third of all, crying like a bitch and trying to explain your actions to an officer of the law just makes you look like a baby.

Funniest thing was, he acted all pissed when he had to stop. Told me "Get my registration out of the glove box, bro." I opened his glove box. He had "Of Mice and Men" in it. While we waited, instead of giving him the registration, I read the end of the book where George shoots Lenny in the back of his head.

That's the kind of friend I am.

My point is. He got off with a reckless op. Still drove like a fool. Crashed a few times, destroyed a lot of nice cars that his parents owned. Destroyed a car that I gave him, destroyed some property-etc. Insurance for him was $350/mo. Think it mattered to him? Nope.

The only thing that aids this problem is age. With age comes maturity. With maturity comes the understanding that you are not invincible and are entirely responsible for your actions.
Old 02-26-2011, 11:00 AM
Nothin Stock

yeah i wont lie but iv ran a couple times from cops in the backroads(got away 2 maby 3 times)....but the time they got me an let me off it wasnt a good case since i passed 8 cars doin 90 in a 100....around me street racing in 50KM + or passing 5 or more cars...but iv learned my lesson..save it for the track

edit the cop that let me off beat the **** outta me tho
Old 02-26-2011, 11:08 AM

I don't care if people street race. But the fact that it was a Friday, at 6:15, towards the end of rush hour. On the Columbus outer belt. By Tuttle Crossing (People around here I'm sure know it's a very business oriented place. Meaning alot of traffic) Is what pissed me off. And they almost cause a dozen or so wreck including myself and my fiance. So yea, I was pissed.
Old 02-26-2011, 11:11 AM

I had an officer pull me over on my bike. When he approached me once he blocked me in at a toll booth, he was very jittery, like he wanted to attack me. Very short, to the point with his verbiage-flinchy with his flashlight.

My offense. 50 in a 65. He said when I turned around and saw him, he expected me to crack it open. Sadly 9 out of 10 do this.
Old 02-26-2011, 11:17 AM

I know right where you're talking about... wow. Anyone merging could have nailed them.
Old 02-26-2011, 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by Nacademus
I know right where you're talking about... wow. Anyone merging could have nailed them.
It was south of tuttle. About a mile or so from 70. So yea, alot of congestion.
Old 02-26-2011, 11:20 AM

i had an old state cop pull me over for racing my bros galant one nite. it was the cops every intention to f*ck me over. he walked around my car and made sure all my lights were working, had a front plate, seat belt, legal tints, and and the other usual crap. i got so many tickets i had toilet paper for a week lol. most cops are dicks imo. there are exceptions tho and i work with one. i asked my buddy this a few nites ago, why do u get sweaty palms when a cop pulls u over for a simple traffic stop?? my answer is that cops are douche bags...
Old 02-26-2011, 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by Zero6LS
i had an old state cop pull me over for racing my bros galant one nite. it was the cops every intention to f*ck me over. he walked around my car and made sure all my lights were working, had a front plate, seat belt, legal tints, and and the other usual crap. i got so many tickets i had toilet paper for a week lol. most cops are dicks imo. there are exceptions tho and i work with one. i asked my buddy this a few nites ago, why do u get sweaty palms when a cop pulls u over for a simple traffic stop?? my answer is that cops are douche bags...
You got everything you deserved.
Old 02-26-2011, 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by Zero6LS
even if I know I get a minor traffic violation, if I even think or suspect I might get pulled over I get pretty nervous, just because you never know what might happen, you might fit a rapists profile, cop might think he smells weed (gtfo, let me search), nab you for other **** because he doesn't like you.
Old 02-26-2011, 12:55 PM

i think my incident was more age/race related... had nothing to do with what i was doing and everything to do with what i was driving, age, etc etc
Old 02-26-2011, 12:56 PM

I have been pulled over probably about 18 times. Only had 3 infractions. I guess a young white kid in a lowered 1988 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham looks suspicious roaming slowly around the city.

Its what I did, I cruised. No drugs or trafficking for this guy.

Occasionally some doughnuts in a parking lot... been pulled over twice for that. "Nothing officer, just practicing safe winter driving techniques in the event of bad road conditions" "In reverse too?" "Yessir, I back up from time to time when there's snow on the ground." They usually laugh when you are polite and don't seem skiddish. They're people too. People with tough jobs that deal with a lot more than any punk ass kid could even imagine.

I have been pulled over for my exhaust on my Fiero being too loud, for my 2-stroke motorcycle's "excessive smoke" (its a 1969). And for accelerating too fast, but not speeding on my Duc. Just to name a few. Just obey the law and you have no reason to clam up.
Old 02-26-2011, 01:07 PM

i was 22 when this happened. my daily is dropped on ksport springs, which are actually pretty nice, plus ive got my exhaust and the other bolt on stuff. cops look at my car non stop, even sitting still at stop lights they give me the eye like im up to no good
Old 02-26-2011, 01:10 PM

I get that eye all the time on my motorcycle. In Sandusky, OH, I was at a light near downtown. A cop in the adjacent intersection just stared at me. I was the first vehicle. His light turned green, he was still staring. I opened my visor, smiling from ear to ear, and waved at him like Alfalfa from Little Rascals. Then someone honked, and he scooted on by, motioning for me to CLOSE my visor lol. Just looking for something.
Old 02-26-2011, 04:33 PM

wow i'm amazed nothing happened. 270 at rush hour is so congested...you don't have to be driving like a dumb*** to cause a huge pile up and shut the freeway down for an hour
Old 02-26-2011, 04:42 PM

Cops love my car cuz they think they're gonna pull me over and arrest for me for being a drug dealer or something. I always seem to get the odd eye or a cop who gives me an attitude cuz he can't bust me for something other than speeding or a loud exhaust
Old 02-26-2011, 04:46 PM

That was me what of it...

No but seriously, I get so nervous racing on public streets. I like my license, I love to drive, I'm having a hard time dataloggin my car because of the potential dangers. I often ignore the 16 year olds that wanna race me, 9x of 10, they rev and I watch them take off. Here and there I give in, but it's at night and there's no one on the road.
Old 02-26-2011, 04:55 PM
USA Y U NO HAVE AUTOBAHN?

Another reason why I love Germany.

Quick Reply: Who's this ricer in Columbus OH?