New Members Check In!! If you're new to CobaltSS, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your Cobalt!!

Cobalt ss

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2019, 02:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cobalt ss

When I plug in my boost sylindoid line into the supercharger bypass valve I only make 4 psi I have replaced both
Old 01-08-2019, 11:30 AM

Received 116 Likes on 109 Posts
Originally Posted by Tanner Fieldgrove
When I plug in my boost sylindoid line into the supercharger bypass valve I only make 4 psi I have replaced both
Welcome to the forum. You may want to move the question into the 2.0 LSJ sub-forum. I would ask if you made more psi before, or is this car new to you?
Old 01-08-2019, 12:45 PM

Received 357 Likes on 318 Posts
And when you disconnect the line and plug the solenoid end (leave valve actuator diaphragm nipple open to atmosphere) how much boost do you make?
Old 01-08-2019, 06:54 PM

It makes around 12-13

Originally Posted by jdbaugh1
And when you disconnect the line and plug the solenoid end (leave valve actuator diaphragm nipple open to atmosphere) how much boost do you make?
It makes 12-13 psi
Old 01-08-2019, 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by steelmesh
Welcome to the forum. You may want to move the question into the 2.0 LSJ sub-forum. I would ask if you made more psi before, or is this car new to you?
car is new to me found the vacuum hose plugged
Old 01-09-2019, 07:53 AM

Is your check engine light on? The ECU can command the solenoid to pull boost in certain scenarios. I am guessing, because your solenoid is freshly replaced so we can assume it is working correctly, that your solenoid is not getting proper connection either at the connector or the wiring there could be a fault. The default or at rest position for the solenoid is open when there is no power going to it. This will route pressure from your intake manifold to the SC actuator diaphragm and create the approximate boost levels you are experiencing. Use a test light or multimeter to test for power to the solenoid when the car is running. You can also test the solenoid by powering it up manually and attempting to blow through the back port. It should be blocked off when powered. The front port is open to atmosphere when powered up or without power it is routed straight to the rear port.

If you can't figure out why the solenoid isn't getting power it isn't super critical to even use it. Just make sure the line, from the solenoid, is plugged or you will have a boost leak. Otherwise check your connection and wiring. Someone else will have to verify but I assume there would be a relay somewhere and possibly a fuse that should also be inspected or tested.
Old 01-09-2019, 08:46 AM

It’s just weird how much louder my supercharger is when I connect that hose just screams so loud but you say I don’t have to use it ? So bassicly just keep it how I bought the car lol I just found it odd that someone shoved a Allen wrench into the vacuum line so I took the time to see where is needed to go, found the right spot and it made the car a lot slower lol
Old 01-09-2019, 08:52 AM

Originally Posted by Tanner Fieldgrove
It’s just weird how much louder my supercharger is when I connect that hose just screams so loud but you say I don’t have to use it ? So bassicly just keep it how I bought the car lol I just found it odd that someone shoved a Allen wrench into the vacuum line so I took the time to see where is needed to go, found the right spot and it made the car a lot slower lol
I said I would suggest you attempt to track down the problem and fix it but if you can't do that it isn't the end of the world. Plugging it off is the half-ass way to deal with the issue but you can probably get away with it if that is what you want to do. Your supercharger still spins just as fast with the bypass open it just recirculates it so it moves with a lot less restriction so it will still make noise.
Old 01-13-2019, 12:34 PM

Yeah it’s getting power to the wires Could it be something with the tune? I had someone tell me that but I don’t know