New Members Check In!! If you're new to CobaltSS, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your Cobalt!!

Hey! I'm new around here and I need some help!

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2014, 08:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey! I'm new around here and I need some help!

Hey, everyone! I'm looking to buy a 2005 Cobalt SS/SC from a local private party. Would you guys be able to tell me if what he's asking for it is realistic?

It has 77,000 miles, the parking brake cable needs to be adjusted, the moonroof doesn't slide back easily, there are 2 spots on the roof with peeling clearcloat, and I believe that's all he told me.

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post this here, so let me know if this is breaking any rules.

Here is the ad http://scranton.craigslist.org/cto/4702667435.html He's asking $6,500. Do you guys think that's a fair price? Thanks a lot! And I can't wait to be part of the community!
Old 10-16-2014, 02:10 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by UnholyPsycho
Hey, everyone! I'm looking to buy a 2005 Cobalt SS/SC from a local private party. Would you guys be able to tell me if what he's asking for it is realistic? It has 77,000 miles, the parking brake cable needs to be adjusted, the moonroof doesn't slide back easily, there are 2 spots on the roof with peeling clearcloat, and I believe that's all he told me. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post this here, so let me know if this is breaking any rules. Here is the ad http://scranton.craigslist.org/cto/4702667435.html He's asking $6,500. Do you guys think that's a fair price? Thanks a lot! And I can't wait to be part of the community!
Is it just me or does it look like it doesn't have a muffler lol
Old 10-16-2014, 02:16 PM
Premium Member

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
Welcome to Cobalt land, Once you enter there's no escape.
Old 10-16-2014, 02:30 PM

For me that car would be a Big Red Stop Sign.

Has issues and not much in the way of mods.

I personally would not buy it. Not saying you shouldn't but the clear coat is an issue so never going to look nice.

Sunroof issues? Does it rain where hyou are?

The muffler thing put me off too. it doesn't look good and my guees it is stupid loud . The LSJ sounds like A$$ without a proper exhaust.

Possibly will be very loud in the passenger compartment at cruising speeds.

Ask me i know. i replaced my mullfer with a Dynomax and is sounded like **** until I upgraded my resonator as well.
Old 10-16-2014, 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by jvirginillo
For me that car would be a Big Red Stop Sign.

Has issues and not much in the way of mods.

I personally would not buy it. Not saying you shouldn't but the clear coat is an issue so never going to look nice.

Sunroof issues? Does it rain where hyou are?

The muffler thing put me off too. it doesn't look good and my guees it is stupid loud . The LSJ sounds like A$$ without a proper exhaust.

Possibly will be very loud in the passenger compartment at cruising speeds.

Ask me i know. i replaced my mullfer with a Dynomax and is sounded like **** until I upgraded my resonator as well.
It does rain, but I didn't see any signs of a leak. I believe a little bit of plastic broke, so it doesn't like to slide back without a bit of elbow grease.

It IS stupidly loud. That actually put me off at first, but I figured that I would get a nice sounding muffler to put in place of what he's got on there now. Thanks so much for the replies, guys! I'll definitely take this into consideration. Unfrotunately, this is the only Cobalt SS for sale in my area.
Old 10-16-2014, 04:04 PM

If you wnat to quiet it down and the muffler is in good shape get the ZZP resonator

I will find my sound clip of my exhaust

I was running a header, ZZP catted DP, ZZp 'whipser' resonator and Dynomax muffler.

That's my dog Buddy freaking out about the noise....Sorry Buddy......
Old 10-30-2014, 04:17 PM

Cobalt SS want start when cold

I have a 2009 Cobalt SS. It will not start when it gets cold outside. I'am try to get some help from other Cobalt owners and someone said to try Facebook.Has new battery and just does it when it starts getting cold.
Thanks Steve
Old 10-30-2014, 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by Steve Burton
I have a 2009 Cobalt SS. It will not start when it gets cold outside. I'am try to get some help from other Cobalt owners and someone said to try Facebook.Has new battery and just does it when it starts getting cold.
Thanks Steve
Join the group : Cobalt SS Gang. you will have a answer in a couple of minutes
Old 10-30-2014, 04:43 PM

Personally I would pass you can find a nicer one for that price. There is a few around me going for about that and are nicer and don't have issues