New Members Check In!! If you're new to CobaltSS, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your Cobalt!!

Hi names Mellisa

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2013, 03:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cobaltune
Just because youve never seen a fast na balt doesnt mean there arent ones out there ......take this car for example its NA and faster than everyones SS that has posted on this thread ....being close minded doesnt solve anything Loan Nguyen World Record FWD ALL MOTOR Honda Civic - Prayoonto Racing, 9.93 @ 138.97 MPH - YouTube
this guy is missing the point.
Old 09-01-2013, 03:05 PM

i read 13 pages of ss is fast ls is slow..... you dont know whats done to the car so stop arguing to that effect....seriously....she got caught up but is here for your opinions on a turbo....not whether a m62 balt is fast....

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Holy ****. Two people with unprecedented levels of stupid. I think this guy should have just made another thread, it would have been so much more fun.

Originally Posted by 06cobaltncng
this guy is missing the point.
That's my same thought.

I mean I was hoping for some excitement out of a thread, for example the OP coming back would have been a good laugh. But not this...fml
Old 09-01-2013, 03:08 PM

i read 13 pages of ss is fast ls is slow..... you dont know whats done to the car so stop arguing to that effect....seriously....she got caught up but is here for your opinions on a turbo....not whether a m62 balt is fast....
And here we go again boys...
Old 09-01-2013, 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by Slammed07
And here we go again boys...
should we open a new thread just for this new guy?
Old 09-01-2013, 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by 06cobaltncng
should we open a new thread just for this new guy?
We could just have it sticky'd and continue the fun 👍
Old 09-01-2013, 03:21 PM

I wish this would get stickied
Old 09-01-2013, 03:24 PM

....?

Originally Posted by buildmeanempire
Holy ****. Two people with unprecedented levels of stupid. I think this guy should have just made another thread, it would have been so much more fun.
.......you are ignorant asshat who thinks his 200hp 4cyl is fast.....i got news for you its not....im not stupid .....just because someone wants to build a car from the ground up does not make them stupid....people enjoy the experience....some like the sleeper approach..... some just wanna do it because arrogant 17 year old on css .net told them they couldnt.....get over yourself....
Old 09-01-2013, 03:32 PM

hey build, when dis you downgrade to 200hp?
Old 09-01-2013, 03:46 PM

It has to to be the poor bastard screwing her

She's talking about putting a turbo on a base cobalt that's apparently already faster NA than a boosted SS. Then says how slow the SS is, when without boost you aren't beating a boosted SS while still NA. There hasn't been any high horsepower NA builds because of all the money needed to be put into it as well as one off parts when with boost you'll be at your number for so much cheaper.

I answered her question probably the best of anyone for what you should buy him for the price, it would have to be a supercharger kit. This was seemingly ignored even though I gave as much info as possible in my posts until she started to attack the SS which can handle so much more HP while on the stock block and not to mention you don't have to put in a $1300 LSD which most SS's that are built have.
Old 09-01-2013, 03:51 PM

I'd also like to point out how this is what he posted about his 07 2.2.

once i get a tune i will....upgraded my tires now my 0-60 is 6.7 =) TUNE AND BALANCE SHAFTS IM THINKING 5-6
Apparently with NA I could get a sub 6 second 0-60 :P
Old 09-01-2013, 03:54 PM

Not that any of this is going to matter in the grand scheme of all of this fail...but:

1. Your girl came in asking a question, which was answered maturely in the first page.

2. One person (or two) stated their opinion that you would be happier with buying a turbocharged cobalt if you're interested in turbocharging your base model cobalt. Before that comment(s) no one made any comments about a base model being "slow" or ss models being "fast".

3. The first comment made in comparison between the base model and the ss model(s) was related to the weight, brought up by YOUR girl, in addition to a rather snooty comment:

Originally Posted by importchickshhhh
nah those are heavier that's why he got an ls to build it

remember its built not bought :P

4. After she fact checked herself, clearly seeing that there is only a relatively slight difference in weight between the base model and ss model(s), rather than saying "oops, I guess it's not that big a difference, but my boyfriend still prefers building a base model so I'm going to continue looking for parts for him..." she continues with more presumptions:

SS - 2926 pounds

LS - 2783 pounds

these are both 2010 cobalts

in my opinion no they are far between equal in weight even if he puts all this stuff in it I've seen an ls kick a corvettes ass

the weight plays a major role in all cars
Thats nice i'm sure he has seen it.
but i'm still a fan of the LS model

the light weight beats the cake out of a SS

and like i said its all about the weight my homies :P
Keep in mind, that by this point (page 2), no one really started to flame or troll or speak negatively about the base models.

5. Somewhere in page 2, she also mentioned that your car has beaten several ss models as well as witnessing another base model (not yours) beating a corvette, presumably n/a.

6. As there is quite a wealth of knowledge about what a base model's hp is from factory on this forum, as well as its power output with simple bolt-ons and a tune, and considering that she made no mention or showed any knowledge about base models, or even YOUR base model and what's done to it, her presumption was found in rather huge disbelief.

7. Considering that this forum tends to draw in more than its fair share of people that make insidious claims about the potential of their ss, base model, or non-GM related vehicle, you might want to understand that the validity of your girl's claims without proper proof was founded to be equivalent to what we have considered to be "troll-ish behavior".

Granted a lot of the comments on here are really cruel, but that's the nature of an internet forum, and very true of this forum. But you can't disqualify your girl's actions either. I won't say she had this coming when she created this thread; however, had she not made such poor presumptions and stuck with them (despite saying "I have no idea..."), these guys would have taken it a lot easier on her. Not too mention she displayed some rather poor decisions as well when it came to how she was going to react to their trolling. I mean, c'mon? Saying that another person's vehicle is of lesser quality because they chose a sports package as their starting grounds for a build?
Old 09-01-2013, 04:02 PM

Not to mention that adding stuff to the LS makes it much closer in weight to the SS.
Old 09-01-2013, 04:05 PM

I mean, we're all equal opportunity haters....we hate ss people as much as base models...
Old 09-01-2013, 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by mexi_loco
Not that any of this is going to matter in the grand scheme of all of this fail...but:

1. Your girl came in asking a question, which was answered maturely in the first page.

2. One person (or two) stated their opinion that you would be happier with buying a turbocharged cobalt if you're interested in turbocharging your base model cobalt. Before that comment(s) no one made any comments about a base model being "slow" or ss models being "fast".

3. The first comment made in comparison between the base model and the ss model(s) was related to the weight, brought up by YOUR girl, in addition to a rather snooty comment:

4. After she fact checked herself, clearly seeing that there is only a relatively slight difference in weight between the base model and ss model(s), rather than saying "oops, I guess it's not that big a difference, but my boyfriend still prefers building a base model so I'm going to continue looking for parts for him..." she continues with more presumptions:

Keep in mind, that by this point (page 2), no one really started to flame or troll or speak negatively about the base models.

5. Somewhere in page 2, she also mentioned that your car has beaten several ss models as well as witnessing another base model (not yours) beating a corvette, presumably n/a.

6. As there is quite a wealth of knowledge about what a base model's hp is from factory on this forum, as well as its power output with simple bolt-ons and a tune, and considering that she made no mention or showed any knowledge about base models, or even YOUR base model and what's done to it, her presumption was found in rather huge disbelief.

7. Considering that this forum tends to draw in more than its fair share of people that make insidious claims about the potential of their ss, base model, or non-GM related vehicle, you might want to understand that the validity of your girl's claims without proper proof was founded to be equivalent to what we have considered to be "troll-ish behavior".

Granted a lot of the comments on here are really cruel, but that's the nature of an internet forum, and very true of this forum. But you can't disqualify your girl's actions either. I won't say she had this coming when she created this thread; however, had she not made such poor presumptions and stuck with them (despite saying "I have no idea..."), these guys would have taken it a lot easier on her. Not too mention she displayed some rather poor decisions as well when it came to how she was going to react to their trolling. I mean, c'mon? Saying that another person's vehicle is of lesser quality because they chose a sports package as their starting grounds for a build?
beautiful
Old 09-01-2013, 05:21 PM

.......you are ignorant asshat who thinks his 200hp 4cyl is fast.....i got news for you its not....im not stupid .....just because someone wants to build a car from the ground up does not make them stupid....people enjoy the experience....some like the sleeper approach..... some just wanna do it because arrogant 17 year old on css .net told them they couldnt.....get over yourself....
You're an idiot and just keep showing it. My car is in my sig. If you know anything about these cars you would know that stock I'm making more than 200hp and that your base model still smokes ****.

Sent from my Nokia 3100 using CobaltSS
Old 09-01-2013, 05:29 PM

Just saw this thread...

I have a stock LT in my drive way as well as a SS/SC (barely bolt-ons).

The LT is slower.

/thread
Old 09-01-2013, 05:33 PM

Didnt you people know that being 200lbs lighter makes up for 2 seconds in the 1/4th at the track? The guy at autozone told me when I was buying my spectra intake and my new muffler.
Old 09-01-2013, 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by WishI hadaNiceCar
Didnt you people know that being 200lbs lighter makes up for 2 seconds in the 1/4th at the track? The guy at autozone told me when I was buying my spectra intake and my new muffler.
whoa whoa I have a spectre air filter dont be hatin lol
Old 09-01-2013, 05:38 PM

and I'm the reason my local autozone has to replenish their sticker section every week. What's your point?
Old 09-01-2013, 05:46 PM

So youre the reason I cant find any damn flame/skull stickers.....
Old 09-01-2013, 05:50 PM

lol they sell stickhers?
Old 09-01-2013, 06:59 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
did she post pics or ****? I don't wanna search the thread
Old 09-01-2013, 07:02 PM

had a pic of her face from fb. uuuugggggllllyyyy.

Quick Reply: Hi names Mellisa