New Members Check In!! If you're new to CobaltSS, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your Cobalt!!

It's for my farad bullz audio 2.2 2200watts

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2017, 11:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's for my farad bullz audio 2.2 2200watts

Hey guy's I got a very question???? Today I put my bullz audio farad 2.2 2200watts and I read what I post to do and when I got that done with that, i turn off my car but my farad is still on, I just want to know if it drain my battery
Old 07-28-2017, 10:47 AM

Received 171 Likes on 142 Posts
Old 07-28-2017, 11:09 AM

Received 357 Likes on 318 Posts
He bought a capacitor I assume for a sub amplifier or something and it is hard wired so it stays on and he is worried about it draining the battery.

If it has a display and it is on it will drain your battery. It's just hard to say how fast.
Old 07-28-2017, 12:58 PM

Received 836 Likes on 733 Posts
Originally Posted by jdbaugh1
He bought a capacitor I assume for a sub amplifier or something and it is hard wired so it stays on and he is worried about it draining the battery.

If it has a display and it is on it will drain your battery. It's just hard to say how fast.
I had to read the OP a few times to figure it out.

If it's a LED display it will not drain the battery, back when I had a system in another car I bought a 1 farad capacity that had a LED voltage indicator that would stay on for an unknown amount of time. Never had a dead battery, I also drove the car daily morning and evening.
Old 07-28-2017, 01:08 PM

Received 357 Likes on 318 Posts
Originally Posted by ECaulk
I had to read the OP a few times to figure it out.

If it's a LED display it will not drain the battery, back when I had a system in another car I bought a 1 farad capacity that had a LED voltage indicator that would stay on for an unknown amount of time. Never had a dead battery, I also drove the car daily morning and evening.
What I meant by drain is it will use power. It might have to sit like that for a year to have a dead battery but it is still draining it some. However, it sounds like if you drive the car at any regular interval at all it will never be a problem Just like I leave my OBD bluetooth scanner plugged in all the time and it never noticeably drained the battery and it has LED on all the time.