New Members Check In!! If you're new to CobaltSS, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your Cobalt!!

New

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2023, 10:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New

I'm new here been working on cars for some.time now got me a cobalt n it has problems
Old 08-30-2023, 06:48 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by BigD94
I'm new here been working on cars for some.time now got me a cobalt n it has problems
what kind of problems? Cobalts had their issues but I still love them just like my wife lmao!!!
The following users liked this post:
BigD94 (09-01-2023)
Old 09-01-2023, 03:31 PM

2006 Chevy cobalt 2.2any problem

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Subscribed
Search this Thread

BigD94 , 08-29-2023 06:16 PM
Ok so I have a 2006 Chevy cobalt with the 2.2 in it I just picked up this car got for $400 was told it'll start well long story short I got home throw a battery on turn the key nothing happens no crank no start no check engine only lights that came on was airbag light and security light no flashing just stay on did some digging n got to crank over by running a jumper wire from the crank relay to the post it'll check but no start checked out all the fuses there all good I know these car have bad ground problems took off the ground from trans clean them up still nothing ended up running a jumper ground from crank/run relay to the strut tower ended up getting life to the dash all lights came on display say reduced engine power/engine disabled n waa Finally able to pull some codes out did get it to fire up once by jumper it under the hood ran great for 10 seconds then off gussing from the passkey but can't get it to relearn the key so now im at a loss on top of all that key is stuck radio stay on all time
all in all I think it's needs pass key programmed
Old 09-01-2023, 03:33 PM

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Subscribed
Search this Thread

BigD94 , 08-29-2023 06:16 PM
Ok so I have a 2006 Chevy cobalt with the 2.2 in it I just picked up this car got for $400 was told it'll start well long story short I got home throw a battery on turn the key nothing happens no crank no start no check engine only lights that came on was airbag light and security light no flashing just stay on did some digging n got to crank over by running a jumper wire from the crank relay to the post it'll check but no start checked out all the fuses there all good I know these car have bad ground problems took off the ground from trans clean them up still nothing ended up running a jumper ground from crank/run relay to the strut tower ended up getting life to the dash all lights came on display say reduced engine power/engine disabled n waa Finally able to pull some codes out did get it to fire up once by jumper it under the hood ran great for 10 seconds then off gussing from the passkey but can't get it to relearn the key so now im at a loss on top of all that key is stuck radio stay on all time