New member with an 06 Cobalt SS - Cobalt SS Network

New Members Check In!! If you're new to CobaltSS, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your Cobalt!!

Old 04-20-2017, 03:18 AM   #1

New member with an 06 Cobalt SS

I was in the market for a project car (something to play with). I also have a Dodge Nitro. I'm more of a audio guy and adding a system to the Balt for the past 6 days, adding hundreds of pounds to the car. I know don't cringe too much....I'm not looking to race it.

I got the car with 55K miles on it. Took it to a shop to have them give it a look over and road away with the car. I over paid for the car ($7,300) but it has a show quality paint job and stock besides a stage 2 kit for the supercharger and suspension upgrade.

I agree with most, the interior is cheap but it's also light weight which is good for the car I'd say.
SloBalt_SS06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 05:20 AM   #2

Welcome
63 Nova SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 09:39 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SloBalt_SS06 View Post
I was in the market for a project car (something to play with). I also have a Dodge Nitro. I'm more of a audio guy and adding a system to the Balt for the past 6 days, adding hundreds of pounds to the car. I know don't cringe too much....I'm not looking to race it.

I got the car with 55K miles on it. Took it to a shop to have them give it a look over and road away with the car. I over paid for the car ($7,300) but it has a show quality paint job and stock besides a stage 2 kit for the supercharger and suspension upgrade.

I agree with most, the interior is cheap but it's also light weight which is good for the car I'd say.
$7,300 isn't bad for 55k miles I wouldn't think. I used to really be into speaker systems and making my own sub boxes but as far as the Cobalt went I couldn't sacrifice that trunk space just to bump. My vehicle before my Cobalt, in high school, I gave up my whole back seat for subs lol.
jdbaugh1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 01:19 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdbaugh1 View Post
$7,300 isn't bad for 55k miles I wouldn't think. I used to really be into speaker systems and making my own sub boxes but as far as the Cobalt went I couldn't sacrifice that trunk space just to bump. My vehicle before my Cobalt, in high school, I gave up my whole back seat for subs lol.
I've only seen 2 other Cobalt SS around, all other "car guys"
give dirty looks or want to race because they think they can beat it. If the car had a LSD then I'd be more willing to play. About the $7,300, I personally thought it was a good price for the mileage. Others told me I over paid, looking at other cars I couldn't beat the Cobalt for the price and mileage and power.
Old 04-20-2017, 02:31 PM   #5

Welcome to the forums! Not every Cobalt needs to be modded beyond recognition. Enjoy it!

Last edited by FoxTail SS; 04-20-2017 at 07:09 PM.
FoxTail SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 07:07 PM   #6

Welcome man... I think you'll be surprised what the stage 2 does to the stangs and civics in the area lol. These cars pull hard in 3rd and 4th and is just plain fun and they are like 2900 lbs and some change.

I just added a 12 kicker l7 and component set with kicker and DD and it sounds badass. I didn't worry about the extra weight because the car is still light and you can make it lighter to if you needed to. You got a low mileage car and if I'm not mistaken they book out more then that or around $8300 I think. I paid 5k for my 07 a few weeks ago but had to fix a small leak so I robbed the guy selling it at the dealership when I said he can fix it or I can and drop the price. But still worth the fun and feel.
Jbishop0352 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 12:14 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbishop0352 View Post
Welcome man... I think you'll be surprised what the stage 2 does to the stangs and civics in the area lol. These cars pull hard in 3rd and 4th and is just plain fun and they are like 2900 lbs and some change.

I just added a 12 kicker l7 and component set with kicker and DD and it sounds badass. I didn't worry about the extra weight because the car is still light and you can make it lighter to if you needed to. You got a low mileage car and if I'm not mistaken they book out more then that or around $8300 I think. I paid 5k for my 07 a few weeks ago but had to fix a small leak so I robbed the guy selling it at the dealership when I said he can fix it or I can and drop the price. But still worth the fun and feel.
I got the box and amp rack in which turned out to be a pain!! I'm running Sundown SA 10's on a Scar Audio 1400.1D mono block amp. I'll post pics if you're interested. Kicker L7's are pretty nice subs though!