Cobalt SS Network

Cobalt SS Network (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/)
-   New Members Check In!! (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/new-members-check-186/)
-   -   New and need help (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/new-members-check-186/new-need-help-327511/)

Little/Nobody 03-14-2019 04:57 PM

New and need help

Hey guys, im new to cobalt ss life (4 days actually).
I have to put a nee clutch on it but bits also has a p00030 code. I tried clearing it, but the car would have an erratic idle. It came back after i restarted the car, and the car ran smooth again. What, if any, is the harm in letting this code remain?

ProfDNS 03-14-2019 05:04 PM

P0030 is your heater core connection/oxygen sensor. I would get that serviced as soon as possible. Here's a great video on how to change it out:
Spoiler

Little/Nobody 03-14-2019 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by ProfDNS (Post 7708649)
P0030 is your heater core connection/oxygen sensor. I would get that serviced as soon as possible. Here's a great video on how to change it out:

😯😯 o2 sensor thats all woooooooww $40 and 5 min

jdbaugh1 03-15-2019 07:45 AM

The video Prof posted is pretty comprehensive on properly diagnosing this issue. I have had this code before from when my o2 sensor wire got tangled up in my steering shaft. It was my fault as sometime when working on it I somehow routed that wire closer to the steering shaft than it was originally. I don't know if you know the history of the car but if the trans was ever dropped or it has had work on the exhaust wiring/connector damage could cause your issue. If nothing has been touched then I would say the next most likely culprit is a burned up sensor.

If you do not fix this issue the car will not have the ability to detect and adjust your fueling mixture away from the predefined tables which could cause bad gas mileage rich or lean conditions. I would definitely get the issue diagnosed and fixed.

ProfDNS 03-15-2019 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by jdbaugh1 (Post 7708659)
The video Prof posted is pretty comprehensive on properly diagnosing this issue. I have had this code before from when my o2 sensor wire got tangled up in my steering shaft. It was my fault as sometime when working on it I somehow routed that wire closer to the steering shaft than it was originally. I don't know if you know the history of the car but if the trans was ever dropped or it has had work on the exhaust wiring/connector damage could cause your issue. If nothing has been touched then I would say the next most likely culprit is a burned up sensor.

If you do not fix this issue the car will not have the ability to detect and adjust your fueling mixture away from the predefined tables which could cause bad gas mileage rich or lean conditions. I would definitely get the issue diagnosed and fixed.

It is stupid how close it is. I zip tied mine off to the side as much as I could when I replaced my intermediate shaft. Still need to straighten out that dam boot inside the firewall.

Little/Nobody 03-16-2019 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by ProfDNS (Post 7708675)
It is stupid how close it is. I zip tied mine off to the side as much as I could when I replaced my intermediate shaft. Still need to straighten out that dam boot inside the firewall.

I havnt had the chance to chexk the wire as my car is getting a new clutch at a shop. I will be moving the wire and checking the o2 sensor. Rumor has it that it could be caused by swapping to a cold air intake. Any truth to that?

jdbaugh1 03-17-2019 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by Little/Nobody (Post 7708731)
I havnt had the chance to chexk the wire as my car is getting a new clutch at a shop. I will be moving the wire and checking the o2 sensor. Rumor has it that it could be caused by swapping to a cold air intake. Any truth to that?

I wouldn't think so because it is a code related to the function of the sensor and not the reading of the sensor. Cold air intake has absolutely no affect on the function of the o2 sensor unless you somehow nicked the wire or damaged the o2 sensor while installing the intake.

Little/Nobody 03-17-2019 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by jdbaugh1 (Post 7708745)
I wouldn't think so because it is a code related to the function of the sensor and not the reading of the sensor. Cold air intake has absolutely no affect on the function of the o2 sensor unless you somehow nicked the wire or damaged the o2 sensor while installing the intake.

not sure as i wasn't rhebone to do it but i doubt it because they seem a fair distance away