New Members Check In!! If you're new to CobaltSS, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your Cobalt!!

Who just traded this car in Upstate NY? I'm buying it today

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2017, 12:40 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Who just traded this car in Upstate NY? I'm buying it today

Hey guys, I used to be on this site a while back with a red 05 SS S/C. Years have gone by and im picking up another red 05 SS S/C as a second car. It may have been a trade or from an auction but lets see if we can join forces to find if the old owner is here so I can ask some questions. It has an exhaust, DVD Bluetooth screen inside and is lowered so I thought they might be a CSS.net user!

Used 2005 Chevrolet Cobalt SS Supercharged Coupe for Sale in Ontario NY 14519 Stone Road Auto

VIN: 1G1AP12P257650133

Im excited to have it again. I'ts like a time warp.
Old 02-02-2017, 12:56 PM

It's really clean this new one. If anyone checks the link.
Old 02-02-2017, 02:35 PM

Received 222 Likes on 182 Posts
I would make sure you get the carfax ran. It appears the rear of the car has been repainted. Hence the over spray all over the muffler and surrounding areas.
Old 02-02-2017, 05:18 PM

Received 836 Likes on 733 Posts
Originally Posted by royce777
I would make sure you get the carfax ran. It appears the rear of the car has been repainted. Hence the over spray all over the muffler and surrounding areas.
This.
Old 02-02-2017, 06:37 PM
Super Moderator
Platinum Member

Received 208 Likes on 168 Posts
who painted that car? Hellen Keller or Stevie Wonder?
Old 02-02-2017, 06:47 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 07MetallicSC
who painted that car? Hellen Keller or Stevie Wonder?
Old 02-03-2017, 12:03 AM

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts
If you bought it please try and get your money back. That thing has awful paint.
Old 02-14-2017, 10:59 AM

Bought it, took $1100 off price.

I brought a GM guy with me, the car is actually 88/100 for the year and no, Hellen Keller didn't paint it but she practiced maybe. It had an accident with first owner which was a 6 year owner. Car is very solid, just some electrical issues due to the install of the double-Din dvd player. Little things like the car must unlocked or alarm will sound, and then car must be started. The double-din player does not power on, thats part of why i took of $1100, and ive got an appointment with a local shop to let me know what will need to be done to fix it. I'm not worried about having radio, but when i pay for it it'll be nice.

Car has 4 BN tires with 400 miles on it including bringing it home to the 845. Brakes, susp, engine, tranny great, sunroof does not leak. Someone put an INTERCOOLER on this S/C car, though... anyone know why someone would do such a thing LOL!!?
Old 02-14-2017, 11:09 AM

Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by ash|ey
Someone put an INTERCOOLER on this S/C car, though... anyone know why someone would do such a thing LOL!!?
An intercooler or a heat exchanger? The SC cars are intercooled from the factory, but you can add an additional heat exchanger to it.

Just a quick google search, heres the ZZP heat exchanger

Originally Posted by ash|ey
Little things like the car must unlocked or alarm will sound, and then car must be started.
Didn't come with a fob did it....
Just don't use the power locks and the alarm won't go off. I have the same issue. Just too focused on other things to get a new fob for it... really should get on that...

I have to manually lock the doors when I get out of the car, if I use the power locks then when I unlock it with the key the horn starts blasting just like you say.
Old 02-14-2017, 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by SS_MuNky
An intercooler or a heat exchanger? The SC cars are intercooled from the factory, but you can add an additional heat exchanger to it.

Just a quick google search, heres the ZZP heat exchanger

I will check with my parents lift at the house if it is an exchanger. Been 5 years since i had a Balt, have to refamiliarize myself.

Didn't come with a fob did it....
Just don't use the power locks and the alarm won't go off. I have the same issue. Just too focused on other things to get a new fob for it... really should get on that...

I have to manually lock the doors when I get out of the car, if I use the power locks then when I unlock it with the key the horn starts blasting just like you say.

It DID come with the fob, i replaced the 2032 battery and the fob works now. I just went outside and annoyed my co-wrkers by testing a few methods of locking/unlocking. If i unlock with the fob, no alarm. Unlock with the key in door, alarm sounds. OK by me.
Old 02-14-2017, 11:22 AM

Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts
Yeah, that's how mine is.
If your ever without your fob (don't know why you would be, maybe using a spare key) just manually lock the doors and you won't have that issue.

And its probably a heat exchanger, it will have 2 hoses going into the drivers side.
An air to air intercooler before the SC would be completely pointless...
The following users liked this post:
ash|ey (02-15-2017)