Nitrous Oxide N20

Can I see your n2o setups?

Old 08-02-2008, 05:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can I see your n2o setups?

I'm extremely interested in getting a dynotune 50 shot wet kit on my 2.4 5 spd, but I just wanted to see how you guys have the systems set up and where your bottles are... I haven't seen this in a balt since ive decided to go this route so please help me out. Coupe's preferred but 4 drs are ok too..
Old 08-16-2008, 03:31 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
kinda the same but a little bit easyer because theres just one big box on the zex.. this is a ion Qc there like the same exact car..

Old 08-16-2008, 10:48 AM

nice thanx... 113 views and finally a pic. Will all of the stuff fit underneath that trunk floorboard without the spare?
Old 08-16-2008, 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by Zdeuce4
nice thanx... 113 views and finally a pic. Will all of the stuff fit underneath that trunk floorboard without the spare?
havent tryed it might.. or just put it in a gym bag and screw it down through the bag..
Old 08-16-2008, 07:03 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have a thread for my setup, lemme find it quick

Found it, it's an old ass thread, but here ya go

https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/lounge-42/some-progress-102449/

Last edited by HackAbuse; 08-16-2008 at 07:03 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 08-16-2008, 07:20 PM
Former Vendor

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts
We have a dynotune kit on our site that is geared towards the ecotecs. If you have any questions let me know so I can help, also not all of our nitrous products are on the site yet.
Old 08-17-2008, 04:04 AM

Originally Posted by fast98
We have a dynotune kit on our site that is geared towards the ecotecs. If you have any questions let me know so I can help, also not all of our nitrous products are on the site yet.
i was leaning toward that kit, but im seeing the nos sniper kit as more cost effective,but doesnt come with the extras that i want like the bottle warmer and remote opener or the window switch
Old 08-17-2008, 02:18 PM

the zex kit is way more user friendly i think and way easyer to install.. hook up 4 lines to a box run 3 wires to power, throttle position sensor wire on tb and one to ground after that you program it to WOT takes about 15 secs.... but i would also want to add a window switch just to be safe.. its a simple kit to install even though its purple i dont hate lol
Old 08-17-2008, 10:36 PM

Originally Posted by 06_ion2
the zex kit is way more user friendly i think and way easyer to install.. hook up 4 lines to a box run 3 wires to power, throttle position sensor wire on tb and one to ground after that you program it to WOT takes about 15 secs.... but i would also want to add a window switch just to be safe.. its a simple kit to install even though its purple i dont hate lol
im definitely not installing on my own. im gonna have a shop do it.
Old 08-17-2008, 10:43 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
im definitely not installing on my own. im gonna have a shop do it.
in that case, i'd look at something like the sniper. a "pile of bits" kit saves money and the shop doesn't care, if you were doing a self install, i'd say go with the zex
Old 08-17-2008, 10:44 PM

Originally Posted by joeworkstoohard
in that case, i'd look at something like the sniper. a "pile of bits" kit saves money and the shop doesn't care, if you were doing a self install, i'd say go with the zex
wut do u mean by pile of bits? oh and is the sniper kit named so because its concealed a bit more than others?
Old 08-17-2008, 10:46 PM

wut do u mean by pile of bits? oh and is the sniper kit named so because its concealed a bit more than others?
the NOS "kits" are just the parts that they feel that you need, so, it's just a pile of the needed bits. in the old days, you had to order each fitting and line seperately, they did that work for you.

it's called the sniper cause that's what they called it, the easy to hide one is the "sneaky pete" if i remember right
Old 08-17-2008, 10:48 PM

Originally Posted by joeworkstoohard
the NOS "kits" are just the parts that they feel that you need, so, it's just a pile of the needed bits. in the old days, you had to order each fitting and line seperately, they did that work for you.

it's called the sniper cause that's what they called it, the easy to hide one is the "sneaky pete" if i remember right
good info. thnx. since it seems like everything is good to go, im probably still gonna go with the bottle warmer, opener and window switch along with this kit.
Old 08-18-2008, 12:10 AM

bottole warmer and window switch is a must get a gauge also
Old 08-18-2008, 12:18 AM
Former Vendor

good info. thnx. since it seems like everything is good to go, im probably still gonna go with the bottle warmer, opener and window switch along with this kit.
The sniper kit uses inferior quality parts, also if you want all the extras don't get them from the big names they charge too much. We stock everything you need and if you want to order a few things at once we can work with you on a discount.
Old 08-18-2008, 12:21 AM

Received 60 Likes on 60 Posts
Sniper kits are just Holley's name for its basic kits, they are still regular bottles and solenoids and all the regular Powershot stuff, just a little simpler and cheaper. Even the bottle just gets regular orange paint instead of the trick metallic blue on thier regular bottles.

"sneaky pete" kits usually contain a 10oz bottle, which is tiny and easily concealed in a roll bar or somewhere out of the way. Not really very useful on the street, as you would only get one small shot out of it and then it would have to be refilled.

Zex kits are somewhat simpler due to the box setup, that combines both solenoids and a TPS switch into one unit, but the downside to that is that if one part of that fails, you have to replace the whole thing, which is over $200. Happened to a guy I installed a kit for.

I've installed 2 Zex kits and about 5 Holley ones, the work involved is marginally more, but not a real difference. Get whatever you like better, both are excellent products, I prefer Holley as they use stainless components instead of brass in most small fittings and the jets.
Old 08-18-2008, 12:25 AM

Originally Posted by ItalianJoe1
Sniper kits are just Holley's name for its basic kits, they are still regular bottles and solenoids and all the regular Powershot stuff, just a little simpler and cheaper. Even the bottle just gets regular orange paint instead of the trick metallic blue on thier regular bottles.

"sneaky pete" kits usually contain a 10oz bottle, which is tiny and easily concealed in a roll bar or somewhere out of the way. Not really very useful on the street, as you would only get one small shot out of it and then it would have to be refilled.

Zex kits are somewhat simpler due to the box setup, that combines both solenoids and a TPS switch into one unit, but the downside to that is that if one part of that fails, you have to replace the whole thing, which is over $200. Happened to a guy I installed a kit for.

I've installed 2 Zex kits and about 5 Holley ones, the work involved is marginally more, but not a real difference. Get whatever you like better, both are excellent products, I prefer Holley as they use stainless components instead of brass in most small fittings and the jets.
in high school i had a sneaky pete style setup in my 90 geo prizm. half pound bottle in glove box, dry jet under the intake duct, fuel pressure rising reg in the return line, WOT switch on the floor under the rug and a narrowband AFR meter in the box along with the baby bottle.

it was VERY useful on the street... at least on the back street when there was some cash on the line.
Old 08-18-2008, 12:28 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by ItalianJoe1

The sniper kits use a regular bottle valve.(like the one your welder uses) It's complete junk. Also there soleniods may look the same but they use different plungers and break down alot more often. It also doesn't come with a gauge like the regular kit does.
Old 08-18-2008, 01:51 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by fast98
The sniper kits use a regular bottle valve.(like the one your welder uses) It's complete junk. Also there soleniods may look the same but they use different plungers and break down alot more often. It also doesn't come with a gauge like the regular kit does.
weird. i was going to get dynotune's kit and backed out.

from what i saw ssdan has dynotunes kit. i have nos sniper kit. i know many srt-4 owners with nos sniper kit and other people running holley. also 1 kid with zex.

bottle is the same just different color. the adapter coming off is the same. also dynotune's kit doesn't come with a bottle gauge it is a $24 dollar extra item. which my girl bought me the bottle warmer for $99 bucks and pressure small gauge directly goes on bottle for $24 bucks.

to me they were the same exact kit. as for the solenoids i have friends with the nos sniper kit and they have been using it a lot and still no problems. i have only had my kit for a month or so now and used 5bottles actually on the 5th one. still no problems for me.
Old 08-18-2008, 12:37 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by CBodnar
weird. i was going to get dynotune's kit and backed out.

from what i saw ssdan has dynotunes kit. i have nos sniper kit. i know many srt-4 owners with nos sniper kit and other people running holley. also 1 kid with zex.

bottle is the same just different color. the adapter coming off is the same. also dynotune's kit doesn't come with a bottle gauge it is a $24 dollar extra item. which my girl bought me the bottle warmer for $99 bucks and pressure small gauge directly goes on bottle for $24 bucks.

to me they were the same exact kit. as for the solenoids i have friends with the nos sniper kit and they have been using it a lot and still no problems. i have only had my kit for a month or so now and used 5bottles actually on the 5th one. still no problems for me.
The bottle valve is not the same and our dynotune kit comes with a gauge and the tomahawk nozzle.
Old 08-19-2008, 08:31 AM
Banned

weird mine must of been a "special kit" cause ssdan's dynotunes kit compared to mine is exactly the same.
Old 08-19-2008, 08:37 AM
Banned

Old set up in old Redline on the 100shot.

The new set up with the 150 shot in the new cars uses a 5lb bottle hidden under the spare tire cover. You can't even tell there's a bottle in the car, nor can you see any lines under the hood.

Sneaky sneaky
Old 08-19-2008, 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by StreetDreamz

Old set up in old Redline on the 100shot.

The new set up with the 150 shot in the new cars uses a 5lb bottle hidden under the spare tire cover. You can't even tell there's a bottle in the car, nor can you see any lines under the hood.

Sneaky sneaky
i like that... i dont want mine to be visible at all.
Old 08-27-2008, 07:29 PM

bump for more install pictures.
Old 11-01-2008, 10:40 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Bump.

Are you guys drilling into the metal of the car? I thought about going through the thin piece of fake wood or whatever it is that makes the trunk carpeting up and I also thought about mounting it vertically screwing it into the seat back. Me no know.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Can I see your n2o setups?