Nitrous Oxide N20

What do i need?

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2010, 11:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What do i need?

I have an 06 cobalt ss with GM stage 2 kit. I want to get a 50 shot but realize i need to do some other stuff first. this is not my dailt driver and is more a hobby on the side. What do i need to do to it to get it ready for the 50 and should i go wet or dry?
Old 06-04-2010, 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by enash965
I have an 06 cobalt ss with GM stage 2 kit. I want to get a 50 shot but realize i need to do some other stuff first. this is not my dailt driver and is more a hobby on the side. What do i need to do to it to get it ready for the 50 and should i go wet or dry?
A header/dowpipe with an exhaust would help but its not required.....you should be good to go with just your Stage2.

*** id recomend running a wet kit.
Old 06-04-2010, 02:30 PM

One thing I would definately do is save yourself the pain and get a "wet" kit that way you a lot less likely to starve the engine while slamming the nitrous into it.
Old 06-09-2010, 04:55 PM

Pretending a Wet-kit is any safer than a dry kit is a myth. If your fuel system can support it, it will work just fine. They each have pros/cons, read up on some of nitrous dave's stuff it will help you out.

I like spray on a boosted car as it really shows up big on the gains by cooling the charged air that is coming in. As for what you need to get ready, i am taking it as what nitrous parts you need in order to prepare to spray, not what bolt ons(exhaust, intake etc).

To begin i would look into a quality kit, going cheap is not always the best thing as you get what you pay for.
Injectors, bottle warmer, blowdown tube(if you want to be track legal), WOT switch, window switch, either an adjustable tune or a nitrous controller to control timing when the system is armed. Purge if you want(not necessarily needed), and colder plugs.

Personally i run a Nitrous Outlet 92mm plate kit, 2 step colder plugs*(NGK BRE7 non projected), FPSS, WOT switch, progressive controller, purge, NO 4button ashtray switch, bottle warmer, 860 bracket, Remote bottle opener, window switch and im sure some other crap im leaving out in my haste(i go home in 5 minutes).

Definently read up on nitrous and really start to understand it and you will make big power, safe. Realize that your 50 shot is more like a 75 shot on a boosted car. I think on ls1tech.com if you do a search a 75 shot yielded, 90ish rwhp, 190ish rwtq on a car.
Old 06-09-2010, 06:23 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ford
Pretending a Wet-kit is any safer than a dry kit is a myth. If your fuel system can support it, it will work just fine. They each have pros/cons, read up on some of nitrous dave's stuff it will help you out.

I like spray on a boosted car as it really shows up big on the gains by cooling the charged air that is coming in. As for what you need to get ready, i am taking it as what nitrous parts you need in order to prepare to spray, not what bolt ons(exhaust, intake etc).

To begin i would look into a quality kit, going cheap is not always the best thing as you get what you pay for.
Injectors, bottle warmer, blowdown tube(if you want to be track legal), WOT switch, window switch, either an adjustable tune or a nitrous controller to control timing when the system is armed. Purge if you want(not necessarily needed), and colder plugs.

Personally i run a Nitrous Outlet 92mm plate kit, 2 step colder plugs*(NGK BRE7 non projected), FPSS, WOT switch, progressive controller, purge, NO 4button ashtray switch, bottle warmer, 860 bracket, Remote bottle opener, window switch and im sure some other crap im leaving out in my haste(i go home in 5 minutes).

Definently read up on nitrous and really start to understand it and you will make big power, safe. Realize that your 50 shot is more like a 75 shot on a boosted car. I think on ls1tech.com if you do a search a 75 shot yielded, 90ish rwhp, 190ish rwtq on a car.
I hate that theory but its true. My car is being set up got a 100shot and ill probably see ~80whp gain cuz its a N/A car
Old 06-09-2010, 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by Snakes709
I hate that theory but its true. My car is being set up got a 100shot and ill probably see ~80whp gain cuz its a N/A car
Is that all the 370z's hold? Or are you being conservative? Sorry im pretty ignorant on the 370z other than what they are capable of stock.
Old 06-09-2010, 10:09 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by ford
Is that all the 370z's hold? Or are you being conservative? Sorry im pretty ignorant on the 370z other than what they are capable of stock.
thats being conservative. There is a guy with a G37 (same engine as the Z) and he has put 15 or so bottles of a 150shot...think he is making 430~whp and still going strong. I'm just playing it safe for now.
Old 06-09-2010, 10:11 PM

Very nice! What kit did you get? plate, nozzle?
Old 06-12-2010, 12:00 PM
Banned

Zex nozzle