North East PA, NY, NJ, DE, MD, CT, RI, MA, NH, VT, and ME
View Poll Results: Are u going to attend?
Yes
33.33%
Possibly
50.00%
No
16.67%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Albany,NY Meet @ Crossgates Mall Saturday 3/24

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2007, 02:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
albany meet

I'm in the syracuse area, I'll do my best to make it out there saturday. Lookin forward to meeting some of you guys
Old 03-20-2007, 04:26 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I would suggest meeting in the far parking lot on the west end of the mall to avoid getting hasseled by security...

That Best Buy parking lot will fill up by noon and security won't be happy with the group there. Just my .02 cents, fyi...

If anyone is still around in the evening, I'll be back in town later. I'll try calling JohnnySasakiMGS when I get back into town.
Old 03-20-2007, 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by Edubs
I would suggest meeting in the far parking lot on the west end of the mall to avoid getting hasseled by security...

That Best Buy parking lot will fill up by noon and security won't be happy with the group there. Just my .02 cents, fyi...

If anyone is still around in the evening, I'll be back in town later. I'll try calling JohnnySasakiMGS when I get back into town.
Well then if we do get hasselled we will probly move there then, since I dont know where it is, we will just meet in the Bestbuy parking lot. For those of u that get off the thruway and come to intersection at crossgates, take a right, and u should see BestBuy.

Originally Posted by PocketRocket06
I'm in the syracuse area, I'll do my best to make it out there saturday. Lookin forward to meeting some of you guys
Sounds awsome man, looking to see u there.

Originally Posted by CobaltLT
I'll be there all day and till late at night if someone else is down...theres always people looking to run cars on Central Ave. in Albany...they just sit and wait for people to roll up.

I'm up for night runs if someone else is...hopefully i'll get my studded snows off in time lol.
I will be there from 11:00AM or earlier until everyone leaves. I got nothing else to do, and I love raisin hell.. lol. hmm.... central ave....

Originally Posted by ted5986
i will be there at like 10 30 or 11 should be bring ing some friend(s)
my friend with the evo bailed. that sux anyway see you all there i hope mad people sho up.

and nick i have your number already so i will hit you up if i am going to get there later or cant find said parking lot lol

the how to cook rice thing is hilarious!!!
I will see u there man. Get the evo to come, ill smoke em.. lol. Im trying to get my buddy to come with his 06 Mustang GT but I dont know if he will be able to. Give some of u SS/SC guys a run. lol.

Originally Posted by xskier874
well i said ill be there for sure, im trying to get my girl to come too but not sure if shes willing to drive her ls down.
Sounds like there will be some LS races... lol..

Originally Posted by Adirondack_Cobalt
i'll be there, but I won't be there til 1pm or so... I won't leave here until 11am! (I'm working that friday overnight and do need SOME sleep)
So will this still be going on by 1-2pm? It's almost a 2 hour drive for me.

Scott
Def get some sleep becuase ur gona need it to keep up.. lol. We should still be there, I wouldnt imagine us leaving until later. Maybe go to Hooters for some lunch.. lol. U can PM me for my cell just in case ur worried about us not being there even though we should, or if we have to move.

Cant wait to see everyone there. The weather is suppose to be fantastic, high 50's low 60's and sunny. No rain or anything knock on wood. I will probly take one last count Friday to see who is coming and if they will be bringing people with them.

later
Old 03-20-2007, 06:54 PM

I think my buddy Donny is coming with me. He's got an early model 05 Cobalt SS/SC that is an absolute animal. Our cars are dirty, but we'd still like to show. I think I can get the night before off, but i'll have to leave Albany by 8pm... if anything goes that late... to be in Ticonderoga for work at 10:20.

Looking forward to the meet.

Scott
Old 03-20-2007, 06:55 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ted5986

the how to cook rice thing is hilarious!!!
Glad you guys like it! LOL.
Old 03-20-2007, 07:59 PM

well change of plans something came up at work and i need to go in on sat... not sure what time. im still gonna try and make it down but prob later in the day
Old 03-21-2007, 03:13 AM

Yeah, Edubs is right...the Best Buy parking lot does fill up pretty fast...and stays that way all day and night. I know the area that hes talking about, thats a good spot.

But yeah its pretty easy to find the Best Buy so I guess we could just move once most people show up...i'm so stoked for this meet!!
Old 03-22-2007, 11:14 PM

damn thats gonna be rough for me gents . i start work at 8am granted i will finish around 430

feel free to toss ya the cell if i end up having an early day ille head down for sure.

oh btw i heard about some sort of carshow right around the latham circle... saturday and sunday i believe.
Old 03-22-2007, 11:15 PM

Yeah, Edubs is right...the Best Buy parking lot does fill up pretty fast...and stays that way all day and night. I know the area that hes talking about, thats a good spot.

But yeah its pretty easy to find the Best Buy so I guess we could just move once most people show up...i'm so stoked for this meet!!
theres a small parking lot on the opposite site of the road where you would normally turn in for hooters, im not sure if that would be plowed or not but it would be a good spot.

and can i get someones number who is for sure going im not going to beable to get down there untill atleast 2:00 prob more like 3:00 because of what came up at work
Old 03-23-2007, 04:26 AM

^^^Yeah thats what I was thinking of.

518-368-1280...i'll be there all day/night...anyone who is going, feel free to ring me.
Old 03-23-2007, 10:08 AM

Final Count w/ more info-

Can I get a final count of who is going to be coming and if they are bringing anyone with them?

Also there is a car show from the 23-25 at the Pepsi arena or the Gazette or whatever that place is now.

We will still be meeting at the bestbuy parking lot to make it simple and if we have to move, then we move and we will let u guys kow taht are coming later via cell.

My Cell- 518-774-8763 I know ted has my cell, I dont know about the rest of u guys. Since I set this thing up, I will be there from start to finish. I should get there by 10:30am- 11:00am and will be in the Bestbuy Parking lot at the far end.

Nick
Old 03-23-2007, 07:33 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'll probably be there with you first at 11.
Old 03-23-2007, 10:39 PM

I'll be there around 10:30am as well...until it ends! My buddy is supposed to show up later during the day in his Tc...but i'm not 100% sure he will...but i'll definately be there.

And yeah there is the Albany Auto Show at the Pepsi Arena/Times Union Center...that'd be cool if we swung down there!

Again my cell is 518-368-1280

My name is Dave.

My other buddy is supposed to show up sometime in his turboed b16a2 del sol now as well, hes going to the auto show and then is gonna swing by apparently.

Last edited by CobaltLT; 03-23-2007 at 10:39 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 03-23-2007, 11:49 PM

Sweet, there will be 3 of us... lol. I will be there between 10:30 or 11. I got my alarm set for 9... so 30-40min to get ready and 40min to get there... so 10:20 if I am on time... lol.

Im soo ticked, I bought some cobaltss.net stickers to put on my car before the meet, I even bought extras just in case anyone wanted one and that was early last week. They still havent came... ERRRR.

later
Old 03-24-2007, 12:01 AM

What did everyone bail or are you just judging based on who's posting??

Bummer on the stickers man...I needa get some myself!
Old 03-24-2007, 12:01 AM

Old 03-24-2007, 12:30 AM

i have to bail unfortunately. by the time i am free it will be 8 pm. and 2.5 hour drive...sorry guys. but i will still be going to the north nj willowbrook mall meet. if you all feel like a 2 hour cruise hit me up. next time i am def in!! nick let me know when it is if i dont catch the post
Old 03-24-2007, 09:21 AM

Just judgin on whos posting. Im sure there are people coming that we dont know of. I posted this on ever board that I go to which is like 6 or more. I only check this one.

ted- too bad u cant come, would of been sweet. There will be pix and vids anyways though. Catch ya next time.

later
Old 03-24-2007, 09:45 AM

it just so happens i have to go to best buy to look at a tv so ill swing through cant stay for very long but i would like to meet some of you guys ill prolly be there around 1130
Old 03-24-2007, 06:11 PM

^^^We saw you dude but then you dissapeared! You drove right by us.
Old 03-24-2007, 07:36 PM

check this out, went to get my car washed cause there was only the 2 cars there (i think) so i hopped down fuller to central to go to hoffmans got my car washed and on my way back i got slammed into on central my back bumper its fucked not a good day so i just hightailed it back up to toga and dropped it off at my boys shop.
Old 03-25-2007, 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by Lovethesox
check this out, went to get my car washed cause there was only the 2 cars there (i think) so i hopped down fuller to central to go to hoffmans got my car washed and on my way back i got slammed into on central my back bumper its fucked not a good day so i just hightailed it back up to toga and dropped it off at my boys shop.
That sucks man. We saw like 3 accidents while we were there waiting, bunch of bad drivers.

So who all showed up?

I did, Cobalt LT, JohnnySasakiMGS, xskier874, and a guy with a del sol and a celica. O and the driveby by Lovethesox.

later
Old 03-26-2007, 03:24 AM

Yeah, was cool to meet up with those who attended...was hoping for a bigger turnout but better than nothing I guess...us local guys represented atleast.

Hopefully the 2nd annual new england meet at lebanon valley will be much better...definately looking to meet up with you guys again soon!

Lets get another one set-up.
Old 03-26-2007, 09:44 PM

Yeah, was cool to meet up with those who attended...was hoping for a bigger turnout but better than nothing I guess...us local guys represented atleast.

Hopefully the 2nd annual new england meet at lebanon valley will be much better...definately looking to meet up with you guys again soon!

Lets get another one set-up.
Wheres the details on the Lebanon Valley one? I must of missed it...

I think next time we will have to go to a track..

Did u see this one yet? https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/show...650#post930650

later
Old 03-27-2007, 07:18 AM

Yeah sorry man i'm local and I ended up bailing, between getting home from work at 7am and then power napping, my moms birthday dinner and some othershit, then having to be back at work at 8pm, there was no way i was gunna squeez it. but hey ill take a sticker of your hands when u get them lol. TTYL

Quick Reply: Albany,NY Meet @ Crossgates Mall Saturday 3/24