North East PA, NY, NJ, DE, MD, CT, RI, MA, NH, VT, and ME

Bergen County Cobalts Wanted

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2007, 05:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tonio5555
I can't do Sunday either.

Wow that'd actually be perfect. I think I'm free Sunday. I'll give you a call.

???? wow harsh
Old 11-07-2007, 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by MikeyMo84
???? wow harsh
LOL it's getting cold out. Plus I don't think many people wanna drive far anymore after the Newark incident

Yeah of course man, I mean I wouldn't want to get traction or anything. Stock suspension too, drum brakes FTW!
LOL the rwd conversion would be a tad out of our budget. So, the fwd ls7 powered cobalt will have to do

Last edited by memphisr24; 11-07-2007 at 06:43 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 11-07-2007, 08:55 PM

Couple of question...
1. What CAI is the easiest to install on the 2005 SS/SC?
2. What does everyone think about projection headlights?
3. Does a cat Back exhaust and CAI void the GMAC warranty?
Old 11-07-2007, 09:44 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Zevo
Couple of question...
1. What CAI is the easiest to install on the 2005 SS/SC?
2. What does everyone think about projection headlights?
3. Does a cat Back exhaust and CAI void the GMAC warranty?
1.their all prtty simple, dont think any of them rlly need more work than the other.
2.their nice, sometimes they dont fit all to well, but usually theyre fine
3.anything non-gm will void that part of your warranty
Old 11-07-2007, 09:47 PM

???? wow harsh

5 minute drive to Adam's job I can do, an hour and a half drive in this weather is pushing it. Hell I barely go to the VW meets on Route 17 anymore because of the cold and thats like 10 mins from my house.

Originally Posted by memphisr24
LOL it's getting cold out. Plus I don't think many people wanna drive far anymore after the Newark incident

LOL the rwd conversion would be a tad out of our budget. So, the fwd ls7 powered cobalt will have to do

Yeah, and maybe we'll stick with the stock 4 speed auto, keep it sleeper status.

Last edited by tonio5555; 11-07-2007 at 09:47 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 11-07-2007, 09:53 PM

Short video I took of a pull....stupid traction...who needs it....this was taken like 30 minutes ago...enjoy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKpLFp5LXW8
Old 11-07-2007, 10:05 PM

Adam where was that Route 17? I was trying to figure it out from the vid. Next time you need a camera man let me know.
Old 11-07-2007, 10:06 PM

Yup, 17s by me where it turns into the S turn that I love. It's pretty dead at night and never any po po's (knocks on wood)
Old 11-07-2007, 11:09 PM

Short video I took of a pull....stupid traction...who needs it....this was taken like 30 minutes ago...enjoy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKpLFp5LXW8
That happens to me all the time. As a matter of fact, it happened just 2 days ago on route 46. Usually when I let it hit above 5500 in second gear it just spins out on me.
Old 11-08-2007, 12:15 AM

5 minute drive to Adam's job I can do, an hour and a half drive in this weather is pushing it. Hell I barely go to the VW meets on Route 17 anymore because of the cold and thats like 10 mins from my house.

its not that cold lol...

ppl are driving 3 hours from PA to come to this thing...

you guys make it sound like its 10 below with 2 feet of snow on the ground lol...

wateves no big deal

the newark thing would never have been an "incident" if certain ppl had shown up or said something about not being able to go...esp when they started the whole idea in the first place

Last edited by MikeyMo84; 11-08-2007 at 12:15 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 11-08-2007, 06:29 AM
Banned

the newark thing would never have been an "incident" if certain ppl had shown up or said something about not being able to go...esp when they started the whole idea in the first place
oh snap
Old 11-08-2007, 10:13 AM

its not that cold lol...

ppl are driving 3 hours from PA to come to this thing...

you guys make it sound like its 10 below with 2 feet of snow on the ground lol...

wateves no big deal

...and that would be me? I was there; I went straight from work, whatever happened to you guys isn't my responsibility. Adam has my number so do Rob and Keith, no one ever tried calling me to say you were lost or waiting for me or anything. I never said I was cruising in with anybody.
Old 11-08-2007, 10:42 AM

I think I'm down in Bergen to hang out. Most of the time if its going on outside of Bergen, I don't go for it.

Except for like the beach, the track, and a dyno I don't think I ever leave Bergen for anything. (also with exception of NYC when i take the path)

BTW, for the ppl with the SS/SC's, HOW GREAT IS THIS COLD WEATHER! FRIGGIN BLOWER WAS SCREAMING ITS HEAD OFF THE LAST FEW DAYS!

"Ba da bu bu bummm I'm Lovin it"
Old 11-08-2007, 10:43 AM

I just have a small question Mikey, where is this thing? from what Im hearing its out on L.I, which is fine with me but I just would like to have a more exact location. It would be the last meet for us of the season. I would like to see as many of us there as possbile and allow us to ride in together. Lets all Forget about the Newark incident which was just a messed up night in many different ways. If we ALL meet at the Palisades Center and drive in, at normal speeds, together we should not have a problem. As far as the drive goes it is unfortunate that all of the things that are in this area are either filled with cops or poorly organized or in locations that are hard to get to or not desirable to be in. So it as always remains up to all of you. I think that it would be a good time and we would all have alot of fun plus it would be a cool way to close out the show season. So Ill start the list.....................here we go, dont add it unless you are going to come.

1)Xtremekirk
2)MikeyMo

Please add your name and repost, the plan so far is to meet at the Palisades Mall by 9:00 and be ready to roll by 9:30, directions will follow once mikey posts them.

And yes Russo, my blower is going nuts with the cold, dense air that comes with fall
Old 11-08-2007, 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by Xtremekirk
I just have a small question Mikey, where is this thing? from what Im hearing its out on L.I, which is fine with me but I just would like to have a more exact location. It would be the last meet for us of the season. I would like to see as many of us there as possbile and allow us to ride in together. Lets all Forget about the Newark incident which was just a messed up night in many different ways. If we ALL meet at the Palisades Center and drive in, at normal speeds, together we should not have a problem. As far as the drive goes it is unfortunate that all of the things that are in this area are either filled with cops or poorly organized or in locations that are hard to get to or not desirable to be in. So it as always remains up to all of you. I think that it would be a good time and we would all have alot of fun plus it would be a cool way to close out the show season. So Ill start the list.....................here we go, dont add it unless you are going to come.

1)Xtremekirk
2)MikeyMo

Please add your name and repost, the plan so far is to meet at the Palisades Mall by 9:00 and be ready to roll by 9:30, directions will follow once mikey posts them.

And yes Russo, my blower is going nuts with the cold, dense air that comes with fall

who cares if u have to (OMG are you kidding) DRIVE somewhere...isnt that what its all about...enjoying the ride there is almost as fun as being there in the first place...plus as rich and paul and attest to...you boosted guys seem to be having a lot of fun in this (shivers) delightfully cold weather (my cars screaming like a bitch too)....plus its a chance to meet new ppl that we havent chilled with b4....like i said ppl from PA are driving 3 hours out for this...

now paul...to clarify everything

the meet itself is being held at the dutchess mall in fishkilly ny which is north from us...we'd take the thruway north to I-84 and its right over the newburgh beacon bridge off 84 (56 min according to mapquest which means in reality its more like 40-45 min) it starts at 1pm therefore we wouldnt have to be at palisades till like 12...however...i think it would be nice if we met at 11 and took the palisdaes parkway up to 7 lakes first and found some nice spots to take some pics of the rides with the fall colors in the background...im sure we all know some nice spots

once again here is the official info on the meet

hey everyone so as the weather slowly starts to get colder we wanna have at least 1 more meet... this time we need alot of people to go... make this a good end of the year thing... im thinking we do this November 11th at 1pm in the Dutchess mall parking lot. i figure we can do a little crusie up an down rt. 9 and maybe bring a little grill an get some food going!!... i want everyone in the area to show up.. and doesnt just have to be cobalts and ions!!!! bring all your freinds...!!! its very easy to find its right off exit 13 on interstate 84...

like i said i know exactly where this thing is and im intimately familiar with all the roads going over there...thereford the "newark incident" will not occur this time

and i apologize to everyone if i seem like im being a bitch but its just frustrating at how impossible it seems to get any of us together outside of (lame) edgewater meets.

1) MikeyMo84
2) XtremeKirk
3) Miracle #1
4) Miracle #2
5) Miracle #3

Last edited by MikeyMo84; 11-08-2007 at 01:42 PM.
Old 11-08-2007, 02:35 PM

ok that sounds good to me, i still think that we should meet up earlier and get something to eat and then head out. But the 7 lakes thing sounds like a good idea to me
Old 11-08-2007, 04:15 PM

lol most likely gonna only be the 2 of us so we'll talk b4 then
Old 11-08-2007, 04:30 PM
Banned

who cares if u have to (OMG are you kidding) DRIVE somewhere...isnt that what its all about...enjoying the ride there is almost as fun as being there in the first place...plus as rich and paul and attest to...you boosted guys seem to be having a lot of fun in this (shivers) delightfully cold weather (my cars screaming like a bitch too)....plus its a chance to meet new ppl that we havent chilled with b4....like i said ppl from PA are driving 3 hours out for this...

now paul...to clarify everything

the meet itself is being held at the dutchess mall in fishkilly ny which is north from us...we'd take the thruway north to I-84 and its right over the newburgh beacon bridge off 84 (56 min according to mapquest which means in reality its more like 40-45 min) it starts at 1pm therefore we wouldnt have to be at palisades till like 12...however...i think it would be nice if we met at 11 and took the palisdaes parkway up to 7 lakes first and found some nice spots to take some pics of the rides with the fall colors in the background...im sure we all know some nice spots

once again here is the official info on the meet

hey everyone so as the weather slowly starts to get colder we wanna have at least 1 more meet... this time we need alot of people to go... make this a good end of the year thing... im thinking we do this November 11th at 1pm in the Dutchess mall parking lot. i figure we can do a little crusie up an down rt. 9 and maybe bring a little grill an get some food going!!... i want everyone in the area to show up.. and doesnt just have to be cobalts and ions!!!! bring all your freinds...!!! its very easy to find its right off exit 13 on interstate 84...

like i said i know exactly where this thing is and im intimately familiar with all the roads going over there...thereford the "newark incident" will not occur this time

and i apologize to everyone if i seem like im being a bitch but its just frustrating at how impossible it seems to get any of us together outside of (lame) edgewater meets.

1) MikeyMo84
2) XtremeKirk
3) Miracle #1
4) Miracle #2
5) Miracle #3

where were u when i organized the 20 ppl long list for an official meet, wait....u were just like the 14 ppl who didnt show up, so dont complain about the ppl who dont wana come out on the rare occasion that anyone actually gets togethor
Old 11-08-2007, 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by RuSSo-29
I think I'm down in Bergen to hang out. Most of the time if its going on outside of Bergen, I don't go for it.

Except for like the beach, the track, and a dyno I don't think I ever leave Bergen for anything. (also with exception of NYC when i take the path)

BTW, for the ppl with the SS/SC's, HOW GREAT IS THIS COLD WEATHER! FRIGGIN BLOWER WAS SCREAMING ITS HEAD OFF THE LAST FEW DAYS!

"Ba da bu bu bummm I'm Lovin it"
I hear ya....anything below 55 degrees outside is sweet for the boost. How bout something around bergen county then.....I'm actually not doing anything tonight or saturday afternoon......let me know if anyone is going to put something together during those times.

ZEVO
Old 11-08-2007, 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by MISSMATCHEDFACES
where were u when i organized the 20 ppl long list for an official meet, wait....u were just like the 14 ppl who didnt show up, so dont complain about the ppl who dont wana come out on the rare occasion that anyone actually gets togethor
was that the one at the bergen mall?? i was there for that one
Old 11-08-2007, 09:27 PM

I don't believe you were lol...at least not when I was there
Old 11-08-2007, 10:06 PM
Banned

o ****, haha....i remember now, u were there for like 5 mins before we left, THAT DOESNT COUNT haha
Old 11-08-2007, 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by MISSMATCHEDFACES
o ****, haha....i remember now, u were there for like 5 mins before we left, THAT DOESNT COUNT haha
lol i snuck out of work to go to that lol....i risked getting fired for a meet and you guys complain about cold lol
Old 11-09-2007, 08:55 AM

(Still hung over)

I might be up for something sat. I'm fixing my water pump on the truck, and I'll be bringing my Recaro's to this guy buying em (tear falls down cheek) so I think up up for sumin local Sat. Sunday i can't cuz i'm going to

THE GIANTS GAME!!!!!!!!!! WWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Old 11-09-2007, 10:09 AM

OK OK OK OK, the Sunday thing looks like its going to be mikey and I for the most part at least for people around here. Saturday night seems to be a time that all of us can get together and do something local, SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO what would people like to do? The velocity 17 thing is expensive. I know that going south on 17, heading into Hasbrook Heights there at alot of locations down there where cars show up. What if we do a old fashion cruise, starting at the Garden State Plaza and heading south on 17, stopping at places along the way and ending at Whiskey Cafe in Lindhurst where alot of cars show up? what does everyone think about that?

Quick Reply: Bergen County Cobalts Wanted