North East PA, NY, NJ, DE, MD, CT, RI, MA, NH, VT, and ME

Need help..Some M- F***er keyed my car... Camp Hill PA

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2008, 12:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need help..Some M- F***er keyed my car... Camp Hill PA

Let me start out by saying I am 29 years old and I do not run around like some punk racing everyone. I got that out of my system 10 years ago. I went to a local sports bar to watch the UFC fight and parked the car. I had absolutely no conflicts on the way there, in the lot or in the bar at all. I came out and this is what I got. Holy mother of Christ I wish I would have seen the dick that did it. Total infuriation, I would have gone absolutely postal. Why would someone do it??? I love cars and I really like to have nice vehicles and some **** ass comes along and does this If someone was outside the Coliseum in Camp Hill PA Saturday night and saw this, I will greatly make it worth your while to let me know who did this. Dont worry, there will be absolutely no police involved.

Old 08-11-2008, 12:20 AM

dude that sucks i'm sorry
Old 08-11-2008, 12:21 AM

FTW. almost looks like someone tried to slide across your hood and scratched it with their button.

Paint is not cheap.
Old 08-11-2008, 12:22 AM

F*$K man that sucks
Old 08-11-2008, 12:22 AM
Banned

dude.. you seem confused? Like.. you genuinely seemed shocked that another human being would just randomly come along and **** your **** up for no reason? Sux bro, I feel ya. I could never do something to someone's car or property like that....thats fucked up ****... But hey... **** happens... don't know what your insurance deductible is.. claim it.. get it painted.... cross your fingers that if it happens again.. you catch the person(s)
Old 08-11-2008, 12:23 AM

wow sorry to hear that **** happened. good luck with that. ur gonna have to get a ton of touch up paint, or i would just sand it all down and repainted it.
Old 08-11-2008, 12:23 AM

I had this happen to me after i got my 08 lt.....4 days after i got it. It read **** on my passenger side door, followed by scribbles. Sorry to hear that man.
Old 08-11-2008, 12:33 AM

I am going to call the insurance agent in the AM about it. I have a 500$ deductible for this and I am going to have to dish it out.

I have been in a few fights in my time and I thought everyone knows you dont screw with a guys car. If you have it out for me, club me with a bat, hit me with a rock, throw a flaming beer bottle at me or whatever but you dont mess up my car. Its like beating the cat for the dog shitting on the floor. The cat did nothing wrong.

I went to the guy at the bar and asked if there was any way to see the video tapes from the lot. He said its just a car, no big deal.

All of you guys here are car nuts like me and can understand my frustration. I guess I just needed a place to vent, no one else wanted to hear me bitch about it.
Old 08-11-2008, 12:43 AM

dam bro that sucks . some ppl in this world are just dicks.
Old 08-11-2008, 12:55 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by matego
I am going to call the insurance agent in the AM about it. I have a 500$ deductible for this and I am going to have to dish it out.

I have been in a few fights in my time and I thought everyone knows you dont screw with a guys car. If you have it out for me, club me with a bat, hit me with a rock, throw a flaming beer bottle at me or whatever but you dont mess up my car. Its like beating the cat for the dog shitting on the floor. The cat did nothing wrong.

I went to the guy at the bar and asked if there was any way to see the video tapes from the lot. He said its just a car, no big deal.

All of you guys here are car nuts like me and can understand my frustration. I guess I just needed a place to vent, no one else wanted to hear me bitch about it.

go do whatever you normally do for stress relief.... Lift...run.... hit the bag.. smoke a joint.. grab a brew.... **** your girl.... etc etc.

It is just a car.. and you have every right to be mad.. But dude.. just realize, it will be fixed. I mean... might cost ya.. that sux.. money is money... all will be made right eventually bro.
Old 08-11-2008, 12:57 AM

That is probably one of the worst things that could happen. I fear that all the time, even in my own neighborhood. Sorry bro.
Old 08-11-2008, 01:01 AM

Originally Posted by auggie_ss_phx
F*$K man that sucks
what he said damn :/
Old 08-11-2008, 01:03 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
id kill the bar dude too....
Old 08-11-2008, 01:11 AM

I'd ******* kill somebody. starting with that guy at the bar. it was on their property. they should care. I'd threaten them just for being negligent. **** those guys.
Old 08-11-2008, 01:12 AM

If they had camera's call the police they would be able to review them, plus if you file a police report your insurance might push to try and find who did it.
Old 08-11-2008, 01:14 AM

I feel like you have some legal recourse against that bar. seriously. if their insurance company found out that this incident occurred on the property their insuring, and the bar didn't help you with hopes of attaining a prosecution, that bar's management would be in some hot ****.

Originally Posted by 06 GM CobaltSS
If they had camera's call the police they would be able to review them, plus if you file a police report your insurance might push to try and find who did it.
^^^x2

Last edited by boostaddict; 08-11-2008 at 01:14 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 08-11-2008, 01:28 AM

I talked to the local cop (I know him) and he said that it is not something they really waste their time on. He also said the ins. will just pay for it and not pursue it because of legal costs. It is just cheaper to pay for the repairs than investigate a potentially dead lead.

**** it, thats what insurance is for. I pay enough for it so I might as well use it. At least someone didnt hit and run into it and really mess it up. It was just a shitty weekend. The old lady got nailed for 62 in a 40, I got fined 2 times for the window tint (now scraped off) the hood and fender got keyed and now the tranny is making a little growl noise when you let off the throttle at highway speed.

I will quit crying now. I need to go to bed anyway, I am going to drain out the tranny oil and look for metal pieces in the AM. I hope it is just paranoia and it has been making this noise all the time.
Old 08-11-2008, 01:34 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by FiscalFizz
go do whatever you normally do for stress relief.... Lift...run.... hit the bag.. smoke a joint.. grab a brew.... **** your girl.... etc etc.

It is just a car.. and you have every right to be mad.. But dude.. just realize, it will be fixed. I mean... might cost ya.. that sux.. money is money... all will be made right eventually bro.
so you are the one who did it?
Old 08-11-2008, 01:38 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by BumbleBee
so you are the one who did it?
ummm.... what?

Just trying to make the poor guy feel a bit better. **** like this happens and people get so wrapped up and frustrated in the moment... gotta step back and see big picture.

And btw..... I don't know what Harvard Law is teaching these days.... but I LOL'ed when one of you mentioned suing the bar.....There is no tort at play what-so-ever. The bar did not cause some punk to come up and key his car. How would they be liable? Think of a slip and fall lawsuit, then compare it to what happened here.... tell me you still think the bar is liable.
Old 08-11-2008, 01:42 AM
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sucks to hear what happened. moved the thread to the PA region so members there have a better chance in viewing it.
Old 08-11-2008, 01:48 AM

that sucks, fckng hate those ******** that do that sht its happened to me before and i know how it feels.
Old 08-11-2008, 01:55 AM

Some douchebag chicks got into a fight with my sister and keyed/silly stringed my car last night. I am going to strangle atleast 1 of them. No exaggeration, some bitch is about to get it.
Old 08-11-2008, 01:59 AM

Originally Posted by FiscalFizz
ummm.... what?

Just trying to make the poor guy feel a bit better. **** like this happens and people get so wrapped up and frustrated in the moment... gotta step back and see big picture.

And btw..... I don't know what Harvard Law is teaching these days.... but I LOL'ed when one of you mentioned suing the bar.....There is no tort at play what-so-ever. The bar did not cause some punk to come up and key his car. How would they be liable? Think of a slip and fall lawsuit, then compare it to what happened here.... tell me you still think the bar is liable.
it's their parking lot.

the parking lot is their responsibility. it's their property. they're being negligent because they aren't utilizing they're security system.

for instance, I am a retail manager. if someone keyed someone elses car in my parking lot and takes off without us knowing who it is, we file an incident report. and generally our insurance swallows it.

how is it like a slip and fall?

my mother and I were hit head on by a drunk driver. we sued the bar he was drinking at. he didn't hit us at the bar. it was miles away. as a business owner you have certain responibilites.

guess what? that bar went out of business because of my mother and I. they lost their insurance and couldn't get anyone else to cover them. therefore they had to shut down. and I couldn't be happier. don't own a business if you aren't going to follow simple protocol. especially when people and/or property get damaged.

all because they didn't do what they're responsible for. and no, I don't go to harvard smart ass. it's common sense.

oh and I never said to sue the bar. but it could be a possibility.
Old 08-11-2008, 10:33 AM

Sorry to hear that, sure it is only $500 but that's money you shouldn't have had to spend. I wish I could help you find out who did it. I recently had a 4 wheeler stolen from me and I filed a report, the cops couldn't do much about it. Its hard to find things like that. The best thing to do is listen around, people talk and stuff gets around. I found out who stole my 4 wheeler this way, by the time I found it though the kid had blown the engine. I just found that out yesterday, I know exactly who he is and where he lives. He has something coming his way in return, trust me. I don't approve of destroying other peoples property or stealing something that youdidn't work for. ****, that does suck though. Show us pics when its all painted, just think of the new shiny-ness you;ll get out of this.
Old 08-11-2008, 10:46 AM
Premium Member

That does totally suck man. I know exactly how you feel, I picked up my car in March of 07, 2 weeks after that me and a buddy of mine hit this bar for a couple, and an hour or so later came out to find the pass side 1/4 panel hit, someone swiped it in the parking lot. No note nothing to say hey Im sorry heres my info. So that cost me $400.00 to fix. Then a week after I got her back from the body shop I went out for lunch, parked in a spot, when I came out I too was a victim of a key job, on the same ******* spot that i just had repaired from the hit in the parking lot. Thats gonna cost me another $250. To this day I still have yet to fix it, just touched it up for now, so dude I know how you feel, it totally sucks.

Quick Reply: Need help..Some M- F***er keyed my car... Camp Hill PA