North East PA, NY, NJ, DE, MD, CT, RI, MA, NH, VT, and ME

Pittsburgh Cobalts / Auto-X'ers- Sept 24th

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2006, 08:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pittsburgh Cobalts / Auto-X'ers- Sept 24th

Ok,

New thread for the upcoming Autocross..... Tired of the old one.

Let's get a roll call for the cars that are / might come out and play....

1) ME

2) Alicia ( maybe )

3)

4)

Even if you just are looking for something to do... come out and check things out, or come supports those that DO run.

Going to be a fun "fun run" segment at the end. I've been talking to a few others, and there are alot of interested people that want to try the Cobalt out. I'm curious what my car will do when a good driver gets behind the wheel.
Old 09-20-2006, 08:41 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
LOL, speaking of fun fun runs, I don't know whether it'll be the event on the 1st or the one on the 8th, but if you go out Brian, you might get to take part in the police challenge. Basically you get paired up with a cop. You both drive your car and see which one gets the lowest time.
Old 09-20-2006, 09:03 AM

How much does autox cost? shaun is interested
Old 09-20-2006, 09:07 AM

Is this at beaver run??

Rick
Old 09-20-2006, 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by Karla
How much does autox cost? shaun is interested
It costs $20 for the day, usually 4 runs but sometimes 5 or 6 depending on number of cars.

Originally Posted by 06laserss/sc
Is this at beaver run??
Nope, at the North Park Pool
Old 09-20-2006, 09:17 AM

Oh yea, I'm probably in BTW
Old 09-20-2006, 09:18 AM

Karla.... it is $20 to run.

He will either need a helmet ( SNELL SM or SA 95 or newer ) or they have rentals, or he may be able to borrow one of ours. All depends on how many of us are there.

What all has he done to his car so far Karla?? If it was sotck, it would be in "F-Stock", but with the different things he has done, or that he has planned ... he might be in FSP ( F Street Prepared ) , or SM ( Street Mod ).

Registration opens @ 8:30 and closes @ 9:30... 1st runs start around 10-ish, depending on the weather, # of cars, and such.

Rick, this one is at North Park. The next ( and last ) BeaveRun event is October 8th.
Old 09-20-2006, 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by alleycat58
LOL, speaking of fun fun runs, I don't know whether it'll be the event on the 1st or the one on the 8th, but if you go out Brian, you might get to take part in the police challenge. Basically you get paired up with a cop. You both drive your car and see which one gets the lowest time.

That would be a blast. I don't know how I'd do against a LEO, but it would be fun to find out.
Old 09-20-2006, 09:21 AM

Well......i am going to be aorund this weekend but i'm not running my car in it's current state. So, I'll at least come out and support the group.

Plus, I'm done with work for a while apparently. The students at Hempfield JUST did a walk-out, and the teachers are on strike. So hopefully now that my mornings will be freed up I can get some work done on the car. Clutch install next weekend at my place, everyone is welcome.
Old 09-20-2006, 09:25 AM

ill be outta town...sorry...but we can work on my jeep...apparently the mechanic i took it to is just as fast as the dealer...did a new rad in 4 weeks...didnt even do the brakes either
Old 09-20-2006, 10:18 AM

im in more then likely...
Old 09-20-2006, 11:20 AM

Sweet, another clutch install. What clutch did you end up going with?

I might show up if I got nothing else planned to atleast watch. I think I may give the car some extra time to wear itself in.
Old 09-20-2006, 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by LittleStealthSS
That would be a blast. I don't know how I'd do against a LEO, but it would be fun to find out.
LOL I beat a Statey this weekend. The one guy that runs STX up there in a WRX wagon had a best time of 62.122, so I didn't beat him by much but I still beat him...
Old 09-20-2006, 03:02 PM

A win is a win...

The way I look at it, is that it don't matter if no one esle shows up in my class, if I got the best score... I win....lol

I'll take those points!

Man, I want this week to be over... want to get back to cone killin'
Old 09-20-2006, 03:26 PM

A win is a win...

The way I look at it, is that it don't matter if no one esle shows up in my class, if I got the best score... I win....lol

I'll take those points!

Man, I want this week to be over... want to get back to cone killin'
I'm starting to get pretty psyched about it too...You should have seen me Sunday night after watching for a while. Sunday night, I was late braking, accelerating hard thru turns, etc. I'm ready to go except I need a helmet. Was in the budget for this week, but just spent it on a downpipe
Old 09-20-2006, 03:39 PM

Steelers!!!
Old 09-20-2006, 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by PpAzZ1101
Steelers!!!

As previously stated... that would be the ONLY WAY that I will NOT be at the event.. that my boss gives up 2 of the tickets in our company suite.... other than that.. nothing will keep me away from the Autocross... not a blonde... not a brunette, not a redhead.
Old 09-20-2006, 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by PpAzZ1101
Steelers!!!
^^Im with him.

I am probably going to get into autocross next year...ill be a novice so one of you all has to take me under their wing!
Old 09-20-2006, 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by splink
^^Im with him.

I am probably going to get into autocross next year...ill be a novice so one of you all has to take me under their wing!

Well... BJ and Nate used to do it from what I've gathered... and Alicia is the one that got ME into this. So... by the time you're ready.. I'll have almost a full season in, and those 3 ahve more seat time as well.

If you're going to run in the same places we are... there are TONS of people that are more than willing to help out. All you have to do is say the magic phrase... "Hi, I'm new to this and have a question"
Old 09-20-2006, 04:32 PM

If you're going to run in the same places we are... there are TONS of people that are more than willing to help out. All you have to do is say the magic phrase... "Hi, I'm new to this and have a question"
It's been a while for me (like 4 or 5 years and 3 cars ago...), but I definitely agree with Brian. All you gotta do is ask. People are willing to help. Go for a week or 2 first, meet some people, ask questions. When you fell comfortable (or psyched like I am to get back into it), you'll know and you're gonna want to do it every event. It's definitely addicting...like going to the drag strip or car shows.

It's good to go with friends that all run. You can trust your friends to critique your run and you can do the same for them. Get good together, learn from your own mistakes and from your friends mistakes also. And most importantly - get some seat time! That's why I'll be rusty. I'll be starting like a novice again. Go slow, get the track down on your first run. On the other runs, push it a little more and a little more each time. Don't be afraid to kill a couple cones either, cause it will happen no matter how careful you are.

I think you're in a good place if you want to get into it. There's enough of us that have been a novice, know what you're going through, what you'll be thinking, etc. Just ask anything and go out and have fun. That's the whole point. It can be competitive, but race yourself and don't care about what others' times are at first. As you get seat time, then you can start to better yourself and the others.

OK, this novel is over now...
Old 09-20-2006, 04:41 PM

Sorry to go off topic (not that we ever do it anyways) but is anything going on tonight? I need an excuse to put miles on the clutch. PB's anyone? BWW's? I do owe some people food anyway.
Old 09-20-2006, 04:50 PM

thread jacking.....what's that?!?!?!?

anyways, I can't come down tonight, but will probably be out there tomorrow night.

BJ - are you still coming out tomorrow night? If so, can you bring the snout maching tool back? Joel ordered his 2.5" pulley Monday and will need it next. Speaking of that, I think I'm just going to keep the tool. For all that has used it or will be using it, how does $20 each sound?

So, 2.5" pulleys are multiplying by the second.....who's next?

/thread jack
Old 09-20-2006, 05:13 PM

Finally got my car flashed from the dealer and threw on my Injen. It feels and sounds sweet now.
Old 09-20-2006, 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by nduchene
thread jacking.....what's that?!?!?!?

anyways, I can't come down tonight, but will probably be out there tomorrow night.

BJ - are you still coming out tomorrow night? If so, can you bring the snout maching tool back? Joel ordered his 2.5" pulley Monday and will need it next. Speaking of that, I think I'm just going to keep the tool. For all that has used it or will be using it, how does $20 each sound?

/thread jack
not a problem nate... ill be out tomorrow night... haha 2.5 is def the way to go...
Old 09-20-2006, 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by nduchene
LOL, not I. I've finally figured out the direction I want to go with my car to make it an amazing auto-x car and very capable track bitch.

I like DSP...correction LOOOOOOVE DSP....so many many suspension mods are to come. I'm working with my auto-x gurus to get a build guide put together to see every possible *legal* mod to do. Pulleys are strictly prohibited, I can't even swap out accessory pullies or the underdrive pulley. Soooooo now I'm even getting rid of my 3.15" pulley.

Quick Reply: Pittsburgh Cobalts / Auto-X'ers- Sept 24th