North Pacific WA and OR

Are all Wasco county, OR cops dirtbag liars or just the one I got?

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2007, 12:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Are all Wasco county, OR cops dirtbag liars or just the one I got?

my wife and i were on a road trip from Salt Lake City, UT going thru reno, up thru california and oregon and back down thru idaho. just a few miles outside of the dalles on I84 east i had my cruise set at 80mph (limit was 65) cuz we were in the middle of no where. i come around a bend and see a highway patrolman on the side of the road so i slow down to 70 mph. he comes whipping off the shoulder and pulls me over. he comes walking up to the window and asks me how fast i was going and i told him i had cruise set at 80. then he asks me where i'm from and i told him utah. he gets this grin on his face and says, "hmmm thats funny because i clocked you at 90mph." i know he was ******* with me cuz i was out of state, so i asked to see his radar gun and he told me it had cleared already. and i said to him "yeah, i bet it has, thats convenient huh?" to make a long story short, i argued with the guy and he was a total ******* dirtbag piece of **** liar with this smug grin on his face the whole time. it got me no where. to sum up, i left there with a $427 ticket for allegedly going 25 mph over the limit. i would have taken a ticket for 80 mph without a fuss cuz i was speeding and i would have deserved it, but this whole ****** thing just stinks. where i come from, everyone is going 80 in a 65 and troopers dont care unless you are doing something else that attracts their attention. my question is, are all oregon cops goddamn ***** dirtbags like this or did i just get lucky?

END RANT
Old 06-25-2007, 02:43 PM

well depending where you were if it was a small town area cops like to be ****** about things.
Old 06-25-2007, 03:27 PM

i was probably about 20 miles outside of portland just east of the dalles. it wasnt near any major cities really. it was kinda the middle of nowhere. i have a question for oregon members. does oregon allow you to enter a plea in abeyance on misdemeanors? that would kick ass. i haven't had a ticket in five years and it would be nice to keep this off my record. any input would be great.
Old 06-25-2007, 09:55 PM

Look at it like this... You arent from oregon, so you are more then likely not going to drive all the way back just to contest the ticket. I think thats what he was getting at when he asked where you were from. I mean honestly when he pulled you over, he had to see ur plates and run them, before he approached the car. I dont know if you have the time or money, but I would look into oregons laws and find out if he has the right to clear the radar gun. In Washington state if the cop radars you, he has to offer to show you the radar gun with YOUR speed on it, if he doesnt or if you ask to see it and he makes up some bullshit lie, like "i erased it" then he is at fault and the ticket should be dropped.

Also to answer your question about oregon cops and all being dicks... Im going to say I think majority of them are. my dad was driving through oregon on the way back to utah and got pulled over for speeding and no seat belt.... AND my younger brother was under the legal height or weight for oregons booster seat law... so my Dad had to leave them at the next gas station and go back to a wal mart and buy a booster seat.
Old 06-26-2007, 12:51 AM

That's just dicky! I know what you mean about Utah, I used to travel there for work. I was doing +100mph going into Wyoming and was stopped by a state trooper there. I was honest and told him I had an emergency out in the oil field. He let me go and told me not to do more than 20mph over in Wyoming because they like to give tickets to out of state vehicles.