North Pacific WA and OR

Anyone near the Tri-Cities

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2011, 10:52 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Anyone near the Tri-Cities

Who here is near Tri-Cities (Pasco, Richland, Kennewick)? Feeling kinda left out lol
Old 11-25-2011, 12:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sorry man im on the other side of the pass.....u will have to come visit.....theres never any shows over there
Old 11-25-2011, 12:42 AM

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts
I pass through a couple times a year... just off the interstate

I don't recall seeing any Cobalt SS's there...
Old 11-25-2011, 03:21 AM

im out there sometimes. GFs family lives out there. no cobalt anymore though
Old 11-25-2011, 11:29 AM

^^traitor
Old 11-25-2011, 12:07 PM

finally stopped raining.....time to get those brake calipers painted up for the shows
Old 11-25-2011, 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by soundjunky
^^traitor
ya...pretty much :p

Originally Posted by mikej
finally stopped raining.....time to get those brake calipers painted up for the shows
ugh, I did that to joes car while he was out of town....that job sucked :p

let it dry for a long time...the paint can mar easily if you dont...and be careful when taping it all off...can be a pain in the ****!

Last edited by NWAE Cobalt; 11-25-2011 at 12:30 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 11-25-2011, 02:09 PM

Yea, like I'm pretty much left out lol. Beside my SS I have only seen one more, a Red one that always trys to park next to me at the college.

Originally Posted by mikej
sorry man im on the other side of the pass.....u will have to come visit.....theres never any shows over there
Mikej your going to have to invite me to a show one of these days, it gets pretty boring over here. Other than all the dumb kids in their crappy Hondas revving their motor at me at red lights not much goes on lmao.
Old 11-25-2011, 03:24 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I live in Kennewick and drive a red GM Stage 3 Supercharged Cobalt. I am the only Red Cobalt in the Tri-Cities with a black high-rise wing and racing numbers (#80).
Old 11-25-2011, 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by Mendomar06
Yea, like I'm pretty much left out lol. Beside my SS ...
umm, your info says you have a '09 G5
Old 11-25-2011, 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by Micro
I live in Kennewick and drive a red GM Stage 3 Supercharged Cobalt. I am the only Red Cobalt in the Tri-Cities with a black high-rise wing and racing numbers (#80).
We should get together some time, and I haven't seen your car yet. Oh n Sound look in my garage, I have an 09 G6 and an 06 SS/SC.
Old 11-25-2011, 07:23 PM

oh... ok.
I generally won't check a person's profile/garage;
I will look at sig as well as the 'vehicle' below the username...

I always like stopping in Kennewick/Pasco...
I normally stop in at Dan's Garage, and generally use the local as a stop point...
And generally for my PacNW road trips - the weather in the tri-cities is the nicest of my whole trip...

the only bummer for me, is that I used to stay at the econo lodge (right off the highway) - but it has gone wayyyy downhill since the motel became independant...
I now have to figure out a new place to stay ~ or I will stay in Spokane (which I have done for he past year and a bit)...
After the last terrible visit at the Econo Lodge (now called eco lodge or something; yes they were too cheap to actually change the name - and it is an indication of how bad it is run), I threw out their information...
sucks though - it was short drive to the walmart or denny's, and a short walk to taco bell... and relatively close to Dan's Garage...

in the midst of crappy weather here, I will on occasion see what the weather is like over there...

Last edited by soundjunky; 11-25-2011 at 07:32 PM.
Old 11-25-2011, 11:50 PM

We should get together some time, and I haven't seen your car yet. Oh n Sound look in my garage, I have an 09 G6 and an 06 SS/SC.
I like to race autocross with the Sand and Sage Sports car club at the Tri City Raceway in Richland. Our club maintains and leases the property. You should come race with us. It would be nice to have more Cobalts running with us. So far, we have one 2.4 L SS and my SS/SC who race regularly. Challenge your friends to come race with us too. The more people we get to race, the funner it is.
Old 11-26-2011, 12:17 AM

I like to race autocross with the Sand and Sage Sports car club at the Tri City Raceway in Richland. Our club maintains and leases the property. You should come race with us. It would be nice to have more Cobalts running with us. So far, we have one 2.4 L SS and my SS/SC who race regularly. Challenge your friends to come race with us too. The more people we get to race, the funner it is.
I'll give you my info and I'll def go out, I've been wanting to take her out on the track but can never find a place to do it.

Oh n I'm sorry bro for ur run in with Eco Lodge I laugh every time I drive by becuz they only peeled off the n and o from Econo. Lazy people.
Old 11-26-2011, 01:19 AM

Oh n I'm sorry bro for ur run in with Eco Lodge I laugh every time I drive by becuz they only peeled off the n and o from Econo. Lazy people.
and that's just scraping the surface...

I've stayed in my fair share of scuzzy places...
but I've had to call it quits with that one...

if anyone local has a suggestion for a reasonably priced place to stay, I'm all ears... iirc the days in, best western, and any other ones along 395 are all way more expensive that many places in Spokane... which is plain old baffling... I mean I see no reason for jacked room rates around there...
Old 11-26-2011, 12:05 PM

and that's just scraping the surface...

I've stayed in my fair share of scuzzy places...
but I've had to call it quits with that one...

if anyone local has a suggestion for a reasonably priced place to stay, I'm all ears... iirc the days in, best western, and any other ones along 395 are all way more expensive that many places in Spokane... which is plain old baffling... I mean I see no reason for jacked room rates around there...
Well you could try motel 6 over by the mall on Columbia Center Blvd, its a bit off of 395 but not too far I would say about 3-4 mins. That place is not independantly owned so the prices are better and the rooms cleaner.
Old 11-26-2011, 07:31 PM

^^ thanks for the tip!
Old 11-26-2011, 07:52 PM

^^ No prob oh and I have a question for you, if I buy Hp Tuners can I still use a trifecta tune? And if not are you willing to help me out with tuning my car?
Old 11-26-2011, 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by NWAE Cobalt
im out there sometimes. GFs family lives out there. no cobalt anymore though
Oh I read that ad for your old car, dude that made me laugh so hard!!! The ad was so convincing I was about to trade my SS and my G6 for it lmao!!
Old 11-26-2011, 10:19 PM

^^ No prob oh and I have a question for you, if I buy Hp Tuners can I still use a trifecta tune? And if not are you willing to help me out with tuning my car?
to the best of my knowledge trifecta tunes are for all intensive purposes "locked" tunes;
now I could be wrong ~ but I believe Vince only has special arrangement with a couple of his dealers which he allows the tunes provided for them to be tuned (with HPT) on top of...

like I said though - I could be wrong.

you could contact Vince to clarify this (link at the very bottom of this page);
Trifecta Performance Custom Tuning :: Order Custom Programming

I'd be happy to help you out - but probably won't be in your area till next spring;
while you're sending a message to Vince, why not ask if there are any dealers in your area?
Old 11-26-2011, 11:02 PM

to the best of my knowledge trifecta tunes are for all intensive purposes "locked" tunes;
now I could be wrong ~ but I believe Vince only has special arrangement with a couple of his dealers which he allows the tunes provided for them to be tuned (with HPT) on top of...

like I said though - I could be wrong.

you could contact Vince to clarify this (link at the very bottom of this page);
Trifecta Performance Custom Tuning :: Order Custom Programming

I'd be happy to help you out - but probably won't be in your area till next spring;
while you're sending a message to Vince, why not ask if there are any dealers in your area?
First I probably won't be needing a tune till about spring as I just bought the Stage 2 kit and I want to familiarize myself with the car before I go doing any more major mods. Second I really don't trust people with my car, I wouldn't even let our local shop (Kaizen Speed) dyno it because of the horror stories I've heard from friends of mine that have taken their cars there. That's why I would like you or Vince to work on it, someone that knows what the hell they are doing 'cuz from what I have seen, Kaizen only does Hondas and some Mitsus never seen them work on an SS.

Oh and I looked no dealers close to me...
Old 11-26-2011, 11:07 PM

You shouldn't have any worries about running you car on Kaizenspeed's dyno. I have run my car on their dyno many times, and I highly recommend them for dyno runs.
Old 11-26-2011, 11:18 PM

You shouldn't have any worries about running you car on Kaizenspeed's dyno. I have run my car on their dyno many times, and I highly recommend them for dyno runs.
I guess I could give them a try, he did take 5 bucks off my boost gauge I just think that $99 for a dyno run is kinda steep, but what the hell do I know

I just saw your dyno video, have you upped your HP since then?

Last edited by Mendomar06; 11-26-2011 at 11:24 PM.
Old 11-27-2011, 12:00 AM

I guess I could give them a try, he did take 5 bucks off my boost gauge I just think that $99 for a dyno run is kinda steep, but what the hell do I know
$100 is about right if you ask me.

How many pulls does that net you?

just saw your dyno video, have you upped your HP since then?
260 on GMS3 w/o header and w/catted downpipe - is pretty good imho.
Old 11-27-2011, 11:58 AM

^^ Honestly I don't know how many pulls, all I would have to do is call and ask. And I was just curious to know if he had done anything else to the car since that video, I would be happy with 260 Hp

Quick Reply: Anyone near the Tri-Cities