North Pacific WA and OR

Friendly Chevrolet

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2007, 01:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Friendly Chevrolet

I am taking the SS to Friendly Chevrolet Saturday morning for upgrade work. Is there a good place to eat breakfast within walking distance to the dealership?
Old 06-15-2007, 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by Blue_ghost
I am taking the SS to Friendly Chevrolet Saturday morning for upgrade work. Is there a good place to eat breakfast within walking distance to the dealership?
Freindly Chevrolet.......what town?
Old 06-15-2007, 04:23 PM

Sorry - Puyallup, WA
Old 06-15-2007, 04:26 PM

no fair i wanna take my car to a place called friendly chevrolet
Old 06-15-2007, 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by killianss
no fair i wanna take my car to a place called friendly chevrolet

And from the looks of it they are. This a quote from BillyG:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well I got the word on how and what I did to it at the drag strip.
I cracked the case. Ouch. But I went to Freindly Chevorlet to price a new tranny. The service manager started talking to me and ask why I didn't bring it in for warranty to fix. I explained to him all my mods, His responce was "If it's not wreaked, I'll fix it".
I picked up my car tuesday with a new tranny and clutch at no charge.
So all you balt owners Friendly will fix our balt with mods

So I am going to take my SS to a dealership that is willing to support us. Even if it means driving 140 miles one way. Besides, not one dealership that I have contacted in Portland OR has done a stageII. I rather spend the extra time and go somewhere that has done a few.

Last edited by Blue_ghost; 06-15-2007 at 04:39 PM. Reason: spell check
Old 06-15-2007, 05:08 PM

that sounds made up PuYallUp
Old 06-15-2007, 05:15 PM

Be sure to let us know how it goes, I'll be going there if I have any problems!
Old 06-15-2007, 05:20 PM

If they do give you trouble call the BBB. Can you imagine how funny that call will be. "Hello, I want to file a complaint against Friendly Chevrolet for false advertising...they were dicks!"
Old 06-15-2007, 05:22 PM

Even setting up the appointment over the phone - Friendly has been the best dealer I have dealt with. Ryan is the dude I talked with - He is willing to accept the internet 10% off labor coupon and only charge actual labor hrs up to book rate. i.e. If the exhaust takes .5 hrs instead of the 1.0hr book rate. You get charged the .5hr
Old 06-15-2007, 09:33 PM

friendly were kinda dicks to me. They dont wanna work on my **** for warranty work because i didnt buy it there. I called and mentioned "a friend just had work done there" and they said "I know who u are speaking of and we jus did him a one time favor."..... Im going to call back and talk to the service manager though.
Old 06-15-2007, 10:13 PM

Originally Posted by chevysalesman614
that sounds made up PuYallUp
I have a friend that lives there when she's not going to school. Funny name of a city, though.
Old 06-15-2007, 10:25 PM

Hey, that is where I got my SS/SC from, along with the install of the Stage 2, the manifold, and the exhaust. Their a great place and mod friendly.

If you walk across the highway at the crosswalk, turn left, and walk down towards Kmart, there is a plaza there with lots of places to get food. BK, Quiznos, a Mongolian grill place, a steak place, and a steak place I believe.
Old 06-16-2007, 12:00 PM

i bought mine there and i had only one problem since i got it when i went in for the oil change they put chep non synthetic oil in my car instead of the full synthetic stuff
Old 06-16-2007, 02:19 PM

i dont like them....they quoted me 30k on a new ss sc lol
Old 06-16-2007, 03:00 PM

Ryan will treat you right. If not talk to ed he's the service manager. This is the most friendly place to have a moded sc worked on.
Old 06-16-2007, 04:20 PM

So im thinking this... maybe we should all take our cars there for work. maybe then we can get something good set up with them. I mean if we all keep taking our cars there and were all returning customers, maybe they wont ever try to dick us on the cost of things?
Old 06-16-2007, 05:11 PM

We have a friendly Chev in MN too

http://www.friendlyfridleychev.com

Old 06-17-2007, 12:06 PM

hmmmm all i know is i can get my stage 2 installed for 750 if and when i get money
Old 06-17-2007, 05:35 PM

OK Here's the deal

Ryan is definitely the dude to talk to @ Friendly.
I highly endorse the work done there and agree with Senesfail that who ever can take the Balts there to work on. We got there around 8AM Saturday - had a pleasant enviroment to wait in. Leather Lazy boys and a 42in Flat screen LCD with all the cable channels. Our son was thrilled with the old school Pacman video game (free use). They did not charge for my GM performance exhaust hook up because they were not sure if the flash for the stage II was uploaded correctly. Unfortunately, the computer company they deal with for the GM downloads are not open on Saturday so I will need to double check during the week. Ryan was very understanding to the fact we have a 300 mile round trip so that is why no charge for the labor to install the exhaust. I think it also took longer than they thought it would so they showed mercy! I told Ryan that I would tell everyone on the site what a great job was done and for you all to call him when you need work done.

Here the best part..Ryan and the mechanic took the car on a test drive to verify it is code free and no exhaust leaks. They both came back saying Wow! This is the first Stage II AND GM performance exhaust we have done here. That exhaust really makes a difference. The mechanic was shocked at how soon and loud the supercharger spools up. I did confess to him after that I have the A.E.M. filter and the stock airbox mod
Old 06-17-2007, 06:02 PM

I had my stage 2 installed there in the beginning of february and they were extremely nice. dropped the car off the night before and picked it up the next night. I am going to be calling them on monday to find out about getting my car in to get the valve cover gasket replaced, beings its leaking oil out the side and it seems to be getting worse.
Old 06-28-2007, 05:29 PM

I bought my Colorado there. It was a huge mistake that I am paying for. I was too excited and thought I was getting a deal and when I realized I wasn't an hour after I signed the papers they wouldn't let me out of the contract even though they didn't have the truck on the lot. They told me I signed the papers and don't have to take delivery to own it. I later found out from 2 other Chevy dealerships that they lied to me. Sure it was my fault for signing the papers too soon, but I still should have been able to get out of it. I ended up trading in my Colorado for a Cobalt this week at Lithia Chevy in Issaquah. I live in Puyallup, it's funny when I get a call from UPS and they try to pronounce the name.
Old 06-28-2007, 08:56 PM

You have a 30 dayperiod of considerate thinking of wanting, or trading with out a problem. I have delt with Friendly Chev before as well. To tell you the truth. if you live in reasonable distance, Yah, use the Service department. But I highly recommend Parkland, or Jet. I got my Cobalt from Parkland chev. They Are AWESOME in all aspects. especially the service dept. Speak with Steve! shazam. hes the shat! and the 2 girls in the finance dept. well are pretty good looking and flirty. THE TRUTH, the truth is that If you want too there is a longer period of time where you can just back out and say frakoff, cause it takes a hell of a time for the loan banks to come together with the dealership. They make you think you just signed up with the bank, but they are full of shat. Sometimes it actually takes longer then a month before a bank gives a dealership their money. I have seen this before actually. a cousin of mine just bought a Chevy Cav. and then in after 30 days seen the same car at another off brand dealers lot for less. she fought them but, damn did she get here pennies worth at the end. I don't really know about used cars though that might be a bit different.
Old 06-29-2007, 03:29 PM

parkland? HAHAHA they said the stage 2 belt, hub, pulley and tune was a 4 hour install. **** parkland. That's like a 2 hour install if that.
Old 06-29-2007, 08:41 PM

lol i bought my car from frieendly and i have only one problem was the my first oil change they put non synthetic oil in my car now it ticks and lagges and has all these cool problems but they said come back after 4th july weekend and they will have openings to look ay my car
Old 07-01-2007, 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by dbeausoleil57
parkland? HAHAHA they said the stage 2 belt, hub, pulley and tune was a 4 hour install. **** parkland. That's like a 2 hour install if that.
Humm..tueshae

Quick Reply: Friendly Chevrolet