Parts Buy and sell your parts
Mark this thread as Unsold

!!!DO NOT BUY FROM 05LSCobalt!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2010, 10:59 PM
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Exclamation !!!DO NOT BUY FROM 05LSCobalt!!!

The old thread is back up, please keep conversation in this new updated thread though, old thread:
https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/parts-66/scammer-alert-05lscobalt-any-info-helpful-confirmed-scammer-216319/

The Item:

Original Story: I bought a lip from the mentioned member who said that he was going to ship it UPS the following day. After over 2 weeks I still had no lip and the member wasn't on the forums, and to boot he hadn't deleted the for sale thread right after I purchased the item. I started a thread only to find out that another member had bought the same exact lip (only one was for sale by the member) and also had never received it. We had both PayPal gifted the money to the member as he was a premium member with over a thousand posts and would only sell the item if we gifted it. After the thread got going the member appeared in the thread and posted his phone number, but no actual helpful information. So that night I gave him a call...

Here's An Update, I agreed to delete the old thread after calling him as he agreed that he would get me a tracking number the next day. The next day he did indeed send me a tracking number in the format of XXXX XXXX XXXX XXX, at that point I knew that he hadn't sent me a UPS number as they start with 1Z and asked that it could be a USPS number. He immediately told me that the entire time he meant that the lips were both sent through USPS. I proceeded to call USPS who told me that that was not even a valid tracking number because it would be in the format of five sets of four. At this point I asked if he would just be willing to refund me the money and once I received the lip I would pay him again as I have many people on the forums that can back me. He said that that was fine and he would refund the money that night (last night). That night I heard nothing from him, so I texted him again today. He claimed about an hour ago that he was on PayPal and ready to refund it once I sent him my e-mail address, so I sent it to him and waited. After half-an-hour of hearing nothing I texted him to get a response that he was sending it right then. Still I have no valid information on the lip or any money. I currently have his cell phone number and am trying to call/text to keep in contact when he is willing to answer, though I have received no closure yet.

Another Update: Just called his grandfather (who he lives with) and talked to him for around 15minutes. He assured me that he had not heard about the issue before now, but did not seem very helpful. He told me that he could not help as he did not have the money to give me, though he would try to contact Luke to see what could happen tonight. After I explained out the entire situation and what was going on he had me explain what it was that we purchased. I told him it was a lower lip for the front of a car and explained what it looked like and how it worked and whatnot. His response was "To be honest, I know the exact part you are talking about, and it is sitting in a cardboard box in his room right now". He was not very much help at all, though he did confirm that we were both scammed, and he did tell me that he would try to get Luke to call me.

Again: He just texted me, still claims that he had two lips and that they were both shipped. Claims to have a different lip in his room. Tried to say that I was "making up ****" to his grandfather even though all that I told him was that I wanted my information or my money back and that his grandson was ignoring me. Claims I will look like a retard once the lip comes because he is not lying. If he would just either give me the ACTUAL tracking number (he has already given me one fake one) or my $145 he wouldn't even have to deal with me anymore. Told me not to call or text his number or his grandparents again, though when I called my local police officer that I know for advice he said that I am more than welcome to call them as many times as I like as it is a personal debt and not harassment.

As I typed the above: As I was typing this he texted me and told me he is currently sending me the money as long as I am willing to pay him back when it comes. I told him that is more than fair. Also, he still claims that he sold two lips in the same thread, even though you can see for yourselves that he only had one listed.

New: After a while of not hearing from him I texted him and asked if he was sending me the money. After a couple minutes I get a tracking number that was just created for a 4lb package. He claims to have "forgotten" to mail it after all of this ^, and I now have a 4lb UPS packages none the less headed to my house. What it is, you tell me?

Currently: I went to the bank the other day, and today between my bank and PayPal I was refunded the money and it was reversed from Luke's PayPal account. The issue now is that whatever package he had payed for was actually shipped, should I just refuse it if I am around when it comes? What if it isn't even the lip?

READ BELOW FOR MORE, IT GETS EVEN BETTER!

Also, the original thread in which I bought the lip from is back up (I had it un-deleted):
https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/parts-66/front-lip-headlights-intake-214370/

I will keep you updated on if I find out any information on the lip or if he gives me any money. I have spoken to PayPal, and unless I hear further I will most likely be going to my bank tomorrow. PayPal told me that as it is a gift I cannot dispute it, but since my bank is my funding source I can have it marked as an unauthorized transaction, backing it out of my PayPal, and in return his, and getting my money back should it go correctly.

Last edited by JshLnsctt; 05-28-2010 at 05:42 PM.
Old 05-26-2010, 11:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nobody is going to want to buy anything on here anymore.
Old 05-26-2010, 11:15 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Perfect.disguise
Nobody is going to want to buy anything on here anymore.
yeap no kidding...
Old 05-27-2010, 12:03 AM
Platinum Member

Another Update: Just called his grandfather (who he lives with) and talked to him for around 15minutes. He assured me that he had not heard about the issue before now, but did not seem very helpful. He told me that he could not help as he did not have the money to give me, though he would try to contact Luke to see what could happen tonight. After I explained out the entire situation and what was going on he had me explain what it was that we purchased. I told him it was a lower lip for the front of a car and explained what it looked like and how it worked and whatnot. His response was "To be honest, I know the exact part you are talking about, and it is sitting in a cardboard box in his room right now". He was not very much help at all, though he did confirm that we were both scammed, and he did tell me that he would try to get Luke to call me.
Old 05-27-2010, 12:06 AM

I still dont know why that guy used his real css name.
Old 05-27-2010, 12:07 AM

Originally Posted by Cobaltssdudee
what an amateur

Old 05-27-2010, 12:08 AM

o wow well i hope everything comes ok
Old 05-27-2010, 12:08 AM
Platinum Member

I couldn't even begin to tell you, it could just be because he already had his car listed for sale and was done with the forums:
https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/lounge-42/bye-bye-css-210890/
Old 05-27-2010, 12:10 AM

what i learned from this place is dont buy anything. When you deal with the same ******** you get the same ****.
Old 05-27-2010, 12:28 AM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by chevysssc
what i learned from this place is dont buy anything. When you deal with the same ******** you get the same ****.
And people think the screen name on the paper proves everything...

Again: He just texted me, still claims that he had two lips and that they were both shipped. Claims to have a different lip in his room. Tried to say that I was "making up ****" to his grandfather even though all that I told him was that I wanted my information or my money back and that his grandson was ignoring me. Claims I will look like a retard once the lip comes because he is not lying. If he would just either give me the ACTUAL tracking number (he has already given me one fake one) or my $145 he wouldn't even have to deal with me anymore. Told me not to call or text his number or his grandparents again, though when I called my local police officer that I know for advice he said that I am more than welcome to call them as many times as I like as it is a personal debt and not harassment.

As I typed the above: As I was typing this he texted me and told me he is currently sending me the money as long as I am willing to pay him back when it comes. I told him that is more than fair.

Currently awaiting the money.

Last edited by JshLnsctt; 05-27-2010 at 12:42 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 05-27-2010, 12:40 AM

yeah i was going to buy that lip and he agreed and then out of no where the thread was deleted. GHEY. Good luck hope everything turns out ok.
Old 05-27-2010, 01:13 AM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by 4doorcobaltowner
yeah i was going to buy that lip and he agreed and then out of no where the thread was deleted. GHEY. Good luck hope everything turns out ok.
Between that and not giving me a valid tracking number, I don't see how he can expect me to feel dumb even if it does come. Now hes asking for my full name and address for his grandfather before he returns it. I gave him my name and told him I already gave him the address to ship it. He claims he lost it, so I gave it to him since he SHOULD already have it if he shipped the item to me...

Still waiting for money... Nothing new.

I have no clue WTF now. He just gave me a tracking number for a 4lb package that he sent to my house, and claims he "forgot to mail it" and that is the real tracking.

Last edited by JshLnsctt; 05-27-2010 at 01:14 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 05-27-2010, 01:15 AM

Man I understand your situation I've been there before myself. it makes it hard to buy from anyone here. But still I know there are some good and honest/private sellers here. Keep on fighting it
Old 05-27-2010, 01:19 AM

wow man i saw that thread a while back and could not afford it at the time hope all works out for you man i am sick of all these thrads poping up about the scammers it has gotten so bad around here that i now only buy locally
Old 05-27-2010, 01:24 AM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by KoriCobalt
Man I understand your situation I've been there before myself. it makes it hard to buy from anyone here. But still I know there are some good and honest/private sellers here. Keep on fighting it
He claims he "forgot" before now, even though there is NO WAY that is possible if you read the original post. He just paid for online tracking through UPS for a 4lb package to my house. He claims he has been busy working and this is the first chance he has had to mail it. What are the chances I don't have a lip being mailed to my house?

Billing Information Received
Shipped To:
*****, ME, US
Shipped/Billed On:
05/27/2010
Type:
Package
Service:
GROUND
Weight:
4.00 Lbs
Old 05-27-2010, 01:27 AM

4 lbs seems light for the front lip....unless he didn't wrap/pack it very well

Somehow I knew this thread was going to come back. I don't understand why ppl gotta pull **** like this. I've been working with another member on selling my TVS for 2 weeks now and I'm not gonna waste my time or ruin any kind of reputation I have on this site by scamming him. I don't understand this place anymore...
Old 05-27-2010, 01:30 AM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by ~Mike~
4 lbs seems light for the front lip....unless he didn't wrap/pack it very well
He told me that after I gave him my address he would send me the money. Gave him my address and after a while of no response I asked him where it was, instead of money he gave me that tracking number and claimed that he had been busy and it slipped his mind. He has been telling me for three days that im a liar and that it was shipped, you can even see in the old thread how many times he tried to tell us that he shipped our lips.
Old 05-27-2010, 01:37 AM

I'm gonna stay sub'd on this one to see what happens. I tried to defend him a little in your last thread just because I don't like how EVERYONE is so quick to jump on the "he's a scammer" bandwagon. But now I'm beginning to see that maybe I was wrong. I hope you get ur lip and it's not all fuckered up and its actually what you paid for tho man
Old 05-27-2010, 01:44 AM
Platinum Member

I'm gonna stay sub'd on this one to see what happens. I tried to defend him a little in your last thread just because I don't like how EVERYONE is so quick to jump on the "he's a scammer" bandwagon. But now I'm beginning to see that maybe I was wrong. I hope you get ur lip and it's not all fuckered up and its actually what you paid for tho man
Thanks. My only concern is that he just payed for a 4lb package when i know that an rk lip or aftermarket lip weighs 15lbs though. I'm doubting he's going to mail me it, because I definitely know that he didn't "forget" before now. And if he actually sends the package I don't know what to expect.
Old 05-27-2010, 01:46 AM

4lbs sounds light...but there's no way the factory front lip on our cars is anywhere near 15 lbs. Its just thin plastic. I'd give it 4lbs on its own at most. But, with packing and wrapping it should be closer to 6 or 8 I would think.
Old 05-27-2010, 01:49 AM
Platinum Member

4lbs sounds light...but there's no way the factory front lip on our cars is anywhere near 15 lbs. Its just thin plastic. I'd give it 4lbs on its own at most. But, with packing and wrapping it should be closer to 6 or 8 I would think.
Yeah, the guy just has me totally lost now though. He has been calling me a liar for three days and giving me fake tracking numbers. He also said his grandfather was wrong and he didn't have the lip less than an hour before setting up a tracking number to mail me the lip that he now indeed does have. I know he does have the lip because of the pictures, I just don't know that he might just be mailing me and empty box or something to stall.
Old 05-27-2010, 01:56 AM

he could pull the same crap another member on here did. Someone bought a stage kit or something and when they got the package it had 4 used plugs and some other worthless garbage in the box. Nothing even remotely close to a stage kit
Old 05-27-2010, 01:59 AM
Platinum Member

he could pull the same crap another member on here did. Someone bought a stage kit or something and when they got the package it had 4 used plugs and some other worthless garbage in the box. Nothing even remotely close to a stage kit
That's what I'm thinking is going to happen, because the day after he talked to me on the phone he "went to usps to get my tracking number" and then gave me a tracking number that didn't even match usps, when he said he mailed it UPS to begin with. He claimed after I told him that it wasn't a valid number that he had to ship it usps because he didn't have a UPS. Now he is not only claiming that he forgot to mail it, but is mailing "it" UPS. This is one of not only the worst buying experiences I have ever had, but also the weirdest by far.
Old 05-27-2010, 02:00 AM

4 Pounds? Watch out for a bomb.

No i'm not kidding.
Old 05-27-2010, 02:03 AM
Platinum Member

4 Pounds? Watch out for a bomb.

No i'm not kidding.
He could be sending me anything... He was raging pissed earlier after I called his grandfather, and then not an hour after I have a package coming to my house, directly after he asks for my address and claims he is going to return the money.

Quick Reply: !!!DO NOT BUY FROM 05LSCobalt!!!