Parts Buy and sell your parts

For Sale Skyline Taillight Conversion Mod

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2010, 12:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Skyline Taillight Conversion Mod

For those that don't want to do this mod themselves, I am going to offer doing this taillight mod for people. It's basically installing LED's in the red inner taillights where the reverse lights are since no lights come there stock. How I will do this is I will use a dremel to cut the red front from the back part and I install LED's around the red ring and then run the wire through the front. I will then place the pieces back to together and seal them together using epoxy/glue. You mail me your taillights, I work on them, then mail them back.
Price is $60 which includes the costs of the LED's and the cost to return your taillights to you. I will perform the work with the best craftsmanship and professionalism that I can offer. Thanks!! email me at enduranceboy101@aol.com

Old 02-25-2010, 12:05 AM

sickkkk! i almost think you should pick up a set. work on them. sell them charge a core charge then refund when the customer sends you theirs. then redo. id love to do this but i dont think id be willing to go without those lights in my vehicle
Old 02-25-2010, 12:07 AM

same here want that done bad but dont wnt to go with out the lights
Old 02-25-2010, 12:08 AM

actually that's not a bad idea, thanks. I have a quick turn around though. Once I receive the lights I get them out the next day via priority mail. Usually takes less than a week to get them back.
Old 02-25-2010, 04:21 AM

dude thats sick!! yeah the only way i would do it is if u already have some made and u send them and than i would send u mine!

what about the outer tails?

Last edited by chingajose; 02-25-2010 at 04:21 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 02-25-2010, 10:34 AM

I have an extra set of tail light I can send you. PM me all the info I need to send them to you and your paypal address for payment.
Old 02-25-2010, 10:39 AM

interested..
Old 02-25-2010, 09:46 PM

I might not of understood but how do they get power? are they plug and play?
Old 02-25-2010, 09:54 PM

interested....

P'm me with your address. I am willing to do it... but I need you to send a pair to me first obviously after I pay you and then I send to you my stockers

interested....

P'm me with your address. I am willing to do it... but I need you to send a pair to me first obviously after I pay you and then I send to you my stockers

Last edited by efrommel; 02-25-2010 at 09:54 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 02-25-2010, 10:09 PM

interested... what do they look like in the daytime? can you post pics in daylight with the lights off? thanks
Old 02-25-2010, 10:15 PM

Good idea. I'd like to see some pictures of the lights themselves sometime. Like where you cut them and how they look sealed.

Also it would be great if you had some you could ship and charge a core. As most people on here use their car as a DD.

I was thinking of doing this myself, but $60 is a lot easier with my schedule.
Old 02-25-2010, 10:31 PM

interested, i have always wanted to do this, just wondering whats involved to hook them up when i get them back, is it just a matter of splicing into the other lights.
Old 02-25-2010, 10:32 PM

im down to get a set. how do they get power and all tho? they work together with the brake lights ? or a constant switch?
Old 02-26-2010, 12:37 AM

Originally Posted by efrommel
interested....

interested....

Right now I can't do that since I do not have a set of lights to do a core exchange but that may change soon.
Originally Posted by 06slobaltls
I might not of understood but how do they get power? are they plug and play?
you will have to wire them up yourself once you receive them back
Originally Posted by Navarch
I have an extra set of tail light I can send you. PM me all the info I need to send them to you and your paypal address for payment.
Ok I will, thanks!
Originally Posted by chingajose
dude thats sick!! yeah the only way i would do it is if u already have some made and u send them and than i would send u mine!

what about the outer tails?
I will work on that. As for the outer tails, I have not attempted them yet but am in the process of doing so.
Originally Posted by 06slobaltls
interested... what do they look like in the daytime? can you post pics in daylight with the lights off? thanks
I will try and get pics, although in the day with the lights off they look just like normal lights would.
Originally Posted by JoshuaVnyrd1817
Good idea. I'd like to see some pictures of the lights themselves sometime. Like where you cut them and how they look sealed.

Also it would be great if you had some you could ship and charge a core. As most people on here use their car as a DD.

I was thinking of doing this myself, but $60 is a lot easier with my schedule.
Working on the core charge exchange deal. You'd only be without reverse lights for a few days that is all. On mine I used glue to put the pieces back together but I am going to try a sealent type thing.
Originally Posted by skidizzle105
interested, i have always wanted to do this, just wondering whats involved to hook them up when i get them back, is it just a matter of splicing into the other lights.
Yeah pretty much. You can wire them to brake lights tails, or turn signals, your choice.
Originally Posted by rico
im down to get a set. how do they get power and all tho? they work together with the brake lights ? or a constant switch?
You have to splice into the wiring in your car, either brake lights, taillights, or each turn signal.
Old 02-26-2010, 12:40 AM
Haz l33t wheelz.

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Interested. Curious if you could post some pictures of the back of the housing after modification. Possibly some higher resolution pictures with a camera that can deal with nighttime, no offense.
Old 02-26-2010, 12:47 AM

the inners look much brighter than the outers
Old 02-26-2010, 12:52 AM

In order to wire these up, you would have to wire them to the constant power on your tail lights. OR you could get real creative and wire them to the wire for the blinking and then they'd blink with the outers. Either way tho, I'm almost positive you have to wire them up to the factory brake lights for a constant source. It's been a while since I've pulled those tails out....
Old 02-26-2010, 12:56 AM

Originally Posted by ls1fbody
Interested. Curious if you could post some pictures of the back of the housing after modification. Possibly some higher resolution pictures with a camera that can deal with nighttime, no offense.
I'll try
Old 02-26-2010, 12:57 AM

sweet bump

and i want to see more pics
Old 02-26-2010, 12:58 AM

Originally Posted by sundevil07
the inners look much brighter than the outers
I think it is mostly because my outer and inner taillights don't use the same LEDs. I bought the outer set from ebay already prewired etc and then I made the inner taillight.
Originally Posted by ~Mike~
In order to wire these up, you would have to wire them to the constant power on your tail lights. OR you could get real creative and wire them to the wire for the blinking and then they'd blink with the outers. Either way tho, I'm almost positive you have to wire them up to the factory brake lights for a constant source. It's been a while since I've pulled those tails out....
It's just a two wire hook up, a positive and negative source. You can tap into the negative source in the reverse lights so you don't have to run as much wiring and then wire the posititve source to the light of your choosing.
Old 02-26-2010, 12:59 AM

Originally Posted by ~Mike~
that would be the ****

corvette mod with the inner and outer blinking for the turn signal
Old 02-26-2010, 01:14 AM

Originally Posted by DSmastery
sweet bump

and i want to see more pics
not really much more to see, those were the two best pics I could find

Originally Posted by DSmastery
that would be the ****

corvette mod with the inner and outer blinking for the turn signal
well these LEDs are not dual mode LEDs however. It is just on or off. No dim light for the tails then get brighter for the turn signals. Sorry.

last bump for the night, thanks for all the interest guys, I already got a few buyers for this and had to order another batch of LEDs from my supplier.

Last edited by redcobalt07; 02-26-2010 at 01:14 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 02-26-2010, 02:51 AM

Originally Posted by redcobalt07
not really much more to see, those were the two best pics I could find

well these LEDs are not dual mode LEDs however. It is just on or off. No dim light for the tails then get brighter for the turn signals. Sorry.

last bump for the night, thanks for all the interest guys, I already got a few buyers for this and had to order another batch of LEDs from my supplier.
oh i got ya, still pretty sweet

maybe people who get it done will post pics
Old 02-26-2010, 03:01 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It is entirely possible to make LEDs mimic a dual filament light bulb.

This is what my lights look like: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8DE6WtUm-I in my other videos I have a how to that explains the wiring.
Old 03-02-2010, 09:13 PM

bump any takers?

Quick Reply: For Sale Skyline Taillight Conversion Mod