Parts Buy and sell your parts
Mark this thread as Unsold

WTB - AutoX Suspension Parts

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2019, 09:32 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
WTB - AutoX Suspension Parts

I really have no idea why anyone would have this stuff for sale, but I thought I would give it a try... I'm looking for the following for my '08 SS/TC - on a budget - so maybe someone has pulled this stuff off and upgraded??

- Rear Sway Bar - Hoping to find HardCore+
-Koni Yellow Shocks
-YYZ springs

If anyone has a line on any of the above, PM me. Otherwise, I'll just keep saving my pennys for new versions of the above :-)

Last edited by Specialized; 05-08-2019 at 10:44 AM.
Old 05-02-2019, 08:24 AM

Received 357 Likes on 318 Posts
Just my opinion and I don't know if your stock shocks are worn out yet or not but the TC Cobalt FE5 shocks perform great with the YYZ springs. I had those before I swapped over to Konis and I didn't really even notice the difference although I am just using the generic recommended rebound settings and haven't got around with adjusting them at all. Maybe once I know how to better do that the advantage will become more apparent.

Also my opinion but I think you are making the right choice going with the Hardcore Powell bar instead of the Triple-X. I have the hardcore bar and I find I have plenty of rear end rotation and even drop the tire pressure in the rear relative to the fronts to try and gain a little more grip back in the rear.

While you are doing all this I would also strongly recommend looking into Powell's front lower control arm spherical bushing to replace the stock rear voided rubber bushing. The stock bushing deflects a lot. There are also middle ground replacement options like I think moog makes a solid rubber bushing. Ottp also has a bushing though I have heard some good things I can't personally speak for the quality. However, eliminated the junk stock voided rubber bushing is a must IMO.
The following users liked this post:
michael23v (05-02-2019)
Old 05-05-2019, 09:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have a set of ZZP Cobalt Lowering Springs for SS/TC that haven't been used. I put the rears in and decided to go back to the stock springs.
I also have YYZ Springs used.
Make me an offer

Last edited by Jeeper; 05-05-2019 at 10:25 AM.
Old 05-05-2019, 07:41 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jdbaugh1
Just my opinion and I don't know if your stock shocks are worn out yet or not but the TC Cobalt FE5 shocks perform great with the YYZ springs. I had those before I swapped over to Konis and I didn't really even notice the difference although I am just using the generic recommended rebound settings and haven't got around with adjusting them at all. Maybe once I know how to better do that the advantage will become more apparent.

Also my opinion but I think you are making the right choice going with the Hardcore Powell bar instead of the Triple-X. I have the hardcore bar and I find I have plenty of rear end rotation and even drop the tire pressure in the rear relative to the fronts to try and gain a little more grip back in the rear.

While you are doing all this I would also strongly recommend looking into Powell's front lower control arm spherical bushing to replace the stock rear voided rubber bushing. The stock bushing deflects a lot. There are also middle ground replacement options like I think moog makes a solid rubber bushing. Ottp also has a bushing though I have heard some good things I can't personally speak for the quality. However, eliminated the junk stock voided rubber bushing is a must IMO.
Definitely on my to-do list. I think I will bump it up in priority.... Thanks!