Pictures & Videos Your pictures, photoshops, and videos.

2K5SS/SC?'s Project Integra Update

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2007, 04:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Great little project car. Wish I was able to get a deal like that. You plan to time trial it or just a different car to drive once in awhile?
Old 09-26-2007, 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by BradSi
Great little project car. Wish I was able to get a deal like that. You plan to time trial it or just a different car to drive once in awhile?
Thanks man, I plan on running it at the dragway occassionally and crusing around in it. I just love the way the car runs/drives except for the shitty ebay coilovers that came on the car. I might even do an autocross event if I get the suspension done just right.
Old 09-26-2007, 05:21 PM

I don't know about the Viper badge but thats pretty nice, I am dying for a project car like that. $500 bucks is a steal...

how much boost can those bottom ends take?
Old 09-26-2007, 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by IonNinja
I don't know about the Viper badge but thats pretty nice, I am dying for a project car like that. $500 bucks is a steal...

how much boost can those bottom ends take?
I know I didn't put the viper badge on it, my buddy did. That is the least of the exterior issues the car has, so I'll let it slide for now!

A stock B18B LS engine can take a whole lot more than most people know. If you do research, it can hold between 300-400whp reliably with no issues. The amount of boost it can handle depends on the size of the turbo and the CFM's it puts out. Tuning and a reliable fuel system are a must at those levels though. Did I mention that it actually puts out decent torque too! There is a whole thread on the Honda-Tech forums for LS-T powered hondas/acuras and there are more than a few with over 300+whp. For the price of the engine, you can't beat that with a stick! No VTEC for me!
Old 09-26-2007, 07:57 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
yea nice im thinking bout picking up a second car for cheap too..dats a good idea....nice teg....
Old 09-26-2007, 08:05 PM

After seeing this thread it makes me scared of my uncle's GS-R. Fully built motor, whatever the GS-R comes with. Pistons, rods, forged everything. Bored out, lower compression with a very nice T3T4 Turbo. If yours pulls hard on 9-11psi I can't imagine how his built for 25psi is going to run. Nice little car you got there, not bad I'm sure for the money spent!
Old 09-26-2007, 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by R&C_rallySS
After seeing this thread it makes me scared of my uncle's GS-R. Fully built motor, whatever the GS-R comes with. Pistons, rods, forged everything. Bored out, lower compression with a very nice T3T4 Turbo. If yours pulls hard on 9-11psi I can't imagine how his built for 25psi is going to run. Nice little car you got there, not bad I'm sure for the money spent!
Yeah, that GS-R sounds like a nasty machine! I'd say he's probably pushing some serious power at 25psi and that setup.

I tell you guys what, the team-integra site guys have some very "ciritcal" people over there. You guys on here are more supportive about the project and almost everyone of you guys dislike Honda/Acura cars!
Old 09-26-2007, 09:57 PM

I still keep coming back and looking at the pics and teh specs.. Mmm. My friend has an integra Gsr that the guy who owned it before him raced it. Was an older guy too, knew what he was doing. I need to get him to dyno it, It has a niiice setup. But I'd still take yours. I'll post some pics of his up if interested. Also, how much did you learn by doing this? Did you know what you were doing before going into it or were just hoping to learn by "ohhhhh ****... what's that?
Old 09-26-2007, 10:50 PM

I still keep coming back and looking at the pics and teh specs.. Mmm. My friend has an integra Gsr that the guy who owned it before him raced it. Was an older guy too, knew what he was doing. I need to get him to dyno it, It has a niiice setup. But I'd still take yours. I'll post some pics of his up if interested. Also, how much did you learn by doing this? Did you know what you were doing before going into it or were just hoping to learn by "ohhhhh ****... what's that?
Sure, I'd love to see some pics of that Integra. I am pretty decent at fabrication and working on cars. I just have a pure love for anything that I can put my ideas and creativity into. Cars happen to be what I am most intersted in. I guess I just like the feeling when I can sit back and say "I created that with my own two hands," when all is said and done. I've never owned a Honda product before, and I've always been intrigued by the Integra/99-00 Si's/ and the 92-95 hatches for thier lightweight and easy to mod characteristics.

This is the first turbo car I have built personally, but I have worked on some of my buddies SRT-4's and a WRX before. I got to practice a lot of welding and such, I also have learned a lot about Honda/Acura products that I did not know, and I definitely learned a whole lot about turbocharging and simple mods to make them efficient. The engine swap was a first for me, but I am meticulous and have done everything that it entails for the most part before. She started right up the first time too which was a huge confidence booster for me! Now what amazes me still is that for a piece mealed together car, she really hauls ass and has scared a lot of people in the local area. I'm already getting the "I've seen what that car can do... I don't want to race that" and "Damn, that **** is fast." This is only after one weekend of terrorizing the town, and my buddy was driving because I was too damn tired to play!
Old 09-26-2007, 11:26 PM

See, I wanna get like that and be a decent fabricator. I love working with my hands and made stuff all the time as a kid and still do. I remember making wooden trailers with dowl rods as axels and wooden wheels for my construction stuff. Want to really tear into a car bad but don't have the car or person to do it with. Dad def knows all of it but doesn't want to buy a project car or have a ton of time to put into it. He's actually looking for a restored to original 65-66 mustang to garage. Here's that teg, didn't want to spam the forums with all the jdm pics.

http://s130.photobucket.com/albums/p278/ssvenomsoldier/
Old 09-27-2007, 10:57 PM

See, I wanna get like that and be a decent fabricator. I love working with my hands and made stuff all the time as a kid and still do. I remember making wooden trailers with dowl rods as axels and wooden wheels for my construction stuff. Want to really tear into a car bad but don't have the car or person to do it with. Dad def knows all of it but doesn't want to buy a project car or have a ton of time to put into it. He's actually looking for a restored to original 65-66 mustang to garage. Here's that teg, didn't want to spam the forums with all the jdm pics.

http://s130.photobucket.com/albums/p278/ssvenomsoldier/

Nice Integra. Where did he get those clear tails from? I want a set to do the "red out" mod to them. Si looks sweet too by the way. I personally love to have a black Si hunkered down over the stock rims without the spoiler, a nice CF lip, JDM headlights, and some yellow fogs.
Old 09-28-2007, 12:24 AM

Tails came from the original owner, he loves them since they resemble preludes. I'll ask him tho just incase cause I know he did a lot of searching for teg parts and found them on some site. Thanks on the compliments! I'm ordering JDM headlights prolly this weekend, the smoked out stock lookin ones. Dislike the ones on there now. Might be lookin to get some stock wheels for winter but I'd love to get some rotas.
Old 09-28-2007, 12:31 AM

Nice. Rota's rock as I had a custom set of Subzero's made for my Cobalt.