Pictures & Videos Your pictures, photoshops, and videos.

got the Camaro tuned...

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2012, 10:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow...a "my dick's bigger than yours" thread...haven't seen that on CSS before
Old 01-21-2012, 11:44 AM

Oh for ***** sake. The man posted up a vid of his car, an everyone posted how much better they were. God sakes people. Support the man and lets move on.
Old 01-21-2012, 12:01 PM

just out of curiosity how much did OP pay for the camaro? A whole lotty cocky goin on here when yea maybe u can pull a better 60' on street tires than a fwd car that was a 3rd of the cost, but by the time ur at 100 half the cars on this site will have several cars on you and if you wanna keep those big ***** of urs rollin to 140 you'd be a spec in the mirror to some people on here. I ran my friends 2010 camaro ss lt headers, catless x pipe, catback, 5" intake, and hptuned on a dyno from 40 to 120 (sorry if that doesn't get ur dick wet since it wasn't a dig) and he only pulled possibly 2 cars on me. this was before my agressive tune and not to mention i didn't have gauge lights at the time so i hit the rev limiter in 2nd and 3rd before i shifted. Talk all you want dude, but ur on a cobalt forum with a camaro. You are the minority.
Old 01-21-2012, 12:10 PM

not to mention i'm not even making big power.
Old 01-21-2012, 12:14 PM

now. aside from all that yes the new camaro ss' IMO is a badass car and i'd love to have one. I've driven his and it was fun as hell.
Old 01-21-2012, 03:09 PM

Camaro SS vs Cobalt SS Comparison.mpg - YouTube

enough said... I loved the Cobalt for what it was, and from a roll it'd be a better race... but drag racing isn't from a roll... Ricer Racing is from a roll, if you can't launch, your car isn't much... i've always felt that way, even when I had the Cobalt I was a dig guy 1st, roll was just for fun... if I couldn't beat someone from a dig, my car wasn't faster than theirs, it was that simple
Old 01-21-2012, 08:36 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
OP - Just let them say/think what they want.

Remember, half of them are still trying to break 280whp on their pea-shooter M62 without corn or meth..
Old 01-21-2012, 08:46 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I care about trap speeds, thats the pull you feel and the overall fastness of the car. The ET is just what the first 30 feet or so are accomplishing, in which case, the RWD will be faster.

Lets compare slower AWD cars with better ETs to faster RWD with higher traps.

Kinda like comparing slower RWD cars with better ETs to faster FWD with higher traps.

Either way, where I live in Canada the C-SS is TWICE as much money as my cobalt. So in the end you would hope its a tiddly but faster lol
Old 01-21-2012, 09:02 PM

Go race a zzp car from a dig... its called drag radials or slicks.. go race one of them in a 1/4 mile see who wins..
Old 01-22-2012, 12:27 AM

Originally Posted by 1 SLOW SS
Go race a zzp car from a dig... its called drag radials or slicks.. go race one of them in a 1/4 mile see who wins..
line up a ZZP car with a LMR Camaro... one is running in the 8s... the other...isn't, lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzYBa...eature=related

if you want to do shop car vs shop car....

ZZP is like every other shop, they chop cars up with weight reduction, etc. to put down impressive times, it doesn't represent the majority of the work on cars they actually do.. that is nothing new, that is why the term shop car was coined

and i'm not upset with moving on... its why I mostly post in the bama topic now, still hang out with those guys but I know there will be resent from me moving on from most of the board... I don't hate Cobalts by any means or anything and i'd still have mine if not for a moron taking me out in it... but at the same time, I wouldn't go back now, this car gets looks, its faster than my old car, sounds beastly... about the only thing it doesn't do that the Cobalt does is get gas mileage, Cobalt got 30mpg, the Camaro gets about 18mpg... but... i'll make that trade...

and yeah, I paid more for the Camaro than the Cobalt.....but its a MUCH nicer car, the Cobalt while it was the performer, was pretty bland on the inside... the shifter felt cheap, I think they got the pedals out of a '88 buick, etc... they could have done A LOT more with that car than worry about the drivetrain, now given that is why it cost low $20,000s, but still it was a budget performance car for a person on a budget... which I was when I bought it, I got a better job, my income doubled, I got a nicer car... that is the way life is supposed to work... if all goes as planned, hopefully in 3 years the guys on Camaro 5 will be calling me a trader when the Camaro becomes a Zo6, lol... because if all goes as planned, my income will more than double again

had I of kept the Cobalt, it would have a much larger turbo on it now... that was forth coming, I had it full bolt-on and with the tax rebate check i'm going to get in a couple of weeks, it probably would have been a S256 turbo kit from ZZP... life has a funny way of throwing curve ***** at you and so instead, that tax rebate became a tune for the camaro, a cai for the camaro(already have those), and JBA mids w/ high flow cats, and TSP Long tube headers in the next few weeks...

unless I get hit with another curve ball this year, next year the full tax refund will be going into the car, this year, i'm going to pay off the ATV and free up that income for more leisure money

Last edited by 08inBama; 01-22-2012 at 12:57 AM.
Old 01-22-2012, 12:57 AM

Old 01-22-2012, 01:05 AM

alright one shop car has run 9s

who cares? has anyone BESIDES a chopped up car gotten close? has anyone gotten out of the 11s? hell, the mid 11s? with a cobalt

MULTIPLE guys are running low 10s with 5th gens, and they work for no shop... the shops have had them in the 9s since 2009... they've gotten them in the 8s... now its a matter of doing it stock block... they've already done everything else...

I do miss the boost, and IF I decide to keep the Camaro when I top out... it'll get boosted... that is why i'm debating on next year when I do the cam to go ahead and get the lifters, etc. to get rid of not only AFM(which i've already tuned out through the ECM but you have to replace the lifters to use a non-AFM cam) but also the VVT... and just go with a rough idle blower cam for on down the road... really want to put a D1SC procharger on it, and you can get the procharger and Intercooler for about $6500, which is about $1000 cheaper than a maggie

but hell, on 5psi with a cam and bolt-ons, you'll put down 575whp with the stock heads... which i'd replace long before I put a blower on it, about 630whp with a h/c setup... of course, the differential would need to be replaced(about $1800), stouter axles(about $900) and i'd have to get the 6l80e beefed up(but have a guy for that)

Last edited by 08inBama; 01-22-2012 at 01:10 AM.
Old 01-22-2012, 01:09 AM

I was simply stating that there is a 9sec cobalt.
Old 01-22-2012, 01:11 AM

Originally Posted by ecotecturbo
I was simply stating that there is a 9sec cobalt.
I don't remember saying there wasn't... but that one 9 second Cobalt represents, what... the only one? lol

this has really gotten out of hand... I posted the video not as a knock on Cobalts, if anything to show that Vince is a damn fine tuner across the board, instead its turned into a god damn pissing match... we're both on the same team: GM kicking ass from every direction
Old 01-22-2012, 01:46 AM

Originally Posted by 08inBama
I got a better job, my income doubled, I got a nicer car... that is the way life is supposed to work...
I can't wait for this to happen to me
Old 01-22-2012, 01:52 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 08inBama
as I said, since its so "slow".... get in your Cobalt... go out launch it on the street in the winter.... prove me wrong.... and i'll be waiting

don't be a keyboard warrior, this day and age since everyone has a smartphone(which I recorded mine with), you can come up with a video QUICKLY

show me a slip of your 13.5... here is my 13.2

i'll be waiting on you to pull a 2.0 60' on your street tires even on a prepped track....
Honestly that aint hard at all in a cobalt.
Old 01-22-2012, 02:11 AM

...that was pretty much bone stock for me... that is NORMAL for a tuned/bolt-on Cobalt... I would say with my old turbo Cobalt I would have DEFINITELY ran faster than a 13.20, it ran faster through the 1/8th than I did at Steele in my Camaro... but on the street, it would have gotten murdered by the Camaro when it was bone stock, I could get it off the line decent on the strip in the Cobalt... have yet to find VHT on a public street, lol

however as my Camaro sits right now, it'd beat my old Cobalt on the drag strip and embarrass it off of it

and the Camaro is no where near as modded as the Cobalt was... sure there is the cost argument, but I can afford it, so i'm happy with what I paid for it
Old 01-22-2012, 02:24 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
in my defense i ran on street tires all the time and pulled only 2.003-2.1 all day and also ran 13.4 all day with a 2.9, DP, Intake and Tune. Thats barely touching the balts potential on the m62.

Please remember most of these members are kids and cant drive. Some of us are mid 30's and know how to drive.

Either way i am not bashing the Camaro its a nice ride and happy you got it tuned.
Old 01-22-2012, 02:35 AM

o wow... I didn't even go make a video cuz it snowed like ****.. did do a couple pulls tho aaaannnnddd... well I'll let you wait till I go make a video bout it

but wow tho, how did this turn into a 5th Gen Camaro Vs. Cobalt SS battle?? Look man... If you didn't get it I was saying your first video was slow!!!. That was it watever tho...
but for comparisons sake... How bout we stick to somethin.. a lil more in your price range..

2010 Camaro 2SS w/o options- MSRP: $35.3K 1/4 -13.0@110 mph
2010 Shelby Mustang w/o options... MSRP $49.9k 1/4- 12.4@116 mph

cuz... that's wat this is all about right?? real **** man, I really like these Camaro, an I have for a long time... but dont get mad when a gutted Honda wit 2 JayZs an Nas flys by you while you're redlinin.. or when a mildly modded stock turbo Cobalt can keep up with you

that is all..
Old 01-22-2012, 02:37 AM

Really tho.. I got a question... What RPM's do you launch at?? like at the track?? I've only talked to other FWD guys or Subi/Evo guys an the AWD guys jus shoot the moon an ride out
Old 01-22-2012, 03:03 AM

about 1500 or so is range of the stock stall...

and if you think i'm anywhere close to done with this car, stay tuned, lol

the Cobalt was quick i'll give it that:

that is the local 1/8th mile track... it actually hooks A LOT better than Steele, its just an 1/8th mile only

but that was the BEST ET it ever had and it was no where near consistent.. i'd run a time like that one run and 3 1/10ths slower the next, lol...

but once again on the street, i'd put a Camaro running 8.50s on the strip through the 1/8th up against a Cobalt running 8.30s through the 1/8th on the strip any day... because we all know the Cobalt is benefiting from the VHT A LOT more than the Camaro, lol

and those time slips are comparing pre-tune Camaro to a 23psi/full bolt-on LNF Cobalt... the Camaro is going A LOT faster through the 1/8th than 8.50s OR 8.30s on its next visit, lol... so we can stop comparing what it did stock to the modded Cobalt, even in the Camaro world, few people race stock

I mean that is damn good for the Cobalt don't get me wrong but just goes to show, you better stick with racing stock 5th gen Camaros, because once mods come into play we start pulling away QUICKLY... the Cobalts gain a second with bolt-ons and a tune......so do the Camaros, the difference is, we were running low 13s, stock, lol... I know someone will mention ZZP hitting 11s on the stock turbo in a gutted car on 15" wheels with full blown slicks, 5th Gen Camaros have hit 11s with bolt-ons only in full weight with 18s and Drag Radials(not even full blown slicks, lol)

that is why I got a good laugh out of everyone being so excited about the 5.0 hitting 11s with bolt-ons... 1.) that was impressive when it happened in 1999 and we called the car a LS1 f-body, 2.) 5th Gen Camaros had already accomplished it when they did it, lol

Last edited by 08inBama; 01-22-2012 at 03:14 AM.
Old 01-22-2012, 03:08 AM

wat'd you have, slicks?? does the Camaro have a launch control/comp mode like the ss/TC's had? That was pretty nice when i was stock
Old 01-22-2012, 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by MastaShaKe_88
wat'd you have, slicks?? does the Camaro have a launch control/comp mode like the ss/TC's had? That was pretty nice when i was stock
that was the only 2.0 I ever turned in the car, and I did have 240s on it, not 225s... so i'm sure that helped a "little"... but 2.1-2.2 was normal, it was just hit or miss launching these cars

the manual LS3 has the Launch control like the Cobalts... I never liked Launch Control, even in the end with the adjustable rpm...
Old 01-28-2012, 05:40 PM

This is still going lol. Camaro OP. Unless you have a car like 90 percent of the ones here, your gonna get hate. I tried to be different and enjoy my car but all I got was resale this and ruined that. You buy a car and make it yours, people dont like that unless you make it like theirs........cool camaro op....nice cars and impressive platforms.
Old 01-29-2012, 11:03 AM

LMR's 2010 Camaro is the first in the 9's!!! - YouTube
you said that runs 8's i dont see 8's?

Quick Reply: got the Camaro tuned...