Pictures & Videos Your pictures, photoshops, and videos.

LCD Plate Prototype done!

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2008, 03:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
depending on price, good for photoshoots car shows etc... no1 can find out where the car resides..
Old 06-30-2008, 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by crossed over
yes it will be in usd, the price still isnt set in stone until i get brackets made.
sounds great also when you have the whole set up done when its screwed are you going to have something that will seperate it from the license plate? like something that will keep it from getting close to the license some sort of a divider?
Old 06-30-2008, 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by BlackBaltSSNA
sounds great also when you have the whole set up done when its screwed are you going to have something that will seperate it from the license plate? like something that will keep it from getting close to the license some sort of a divider?

yes ill definately have a spacer made that will make this about 2 inches away from the plate or so, the plate will never move when its mounted so you wont have to worry about it getting dispositioned and exposing the plate you have...
...i will have an option without a bracket if anyone wants and ill knock off 20 bucks from the price of 285,because guys ordering this stuff say they want to mount this any way they want instead of having to use a specific one size fits all bracket that may not look 100%...
the price will end up possibly going up to an even 300 (with bracket) dollars eventually because i ordered some more and this stuff gets heavy when i more than a few pieces get shipped at a time so im forced to break up shipments to avoid any breakage. but for now ill swallow some cost so i can get these out there and build a good rep for them...
Old 06-30-2008, 11:41 PM
Banned

I was thinking it goes clear when there is power to it? is YES, when I shut the car off I can not see the plate? I wonder what happens when I park it in the St. & a cop gives me a ticket or a tow. Trust me I want 1. I going to get a better answer tommorrow. I HOPE
Old 07-01-2008, 12:07 AM

nice thats pretty cool stuff
Old 07-01-2008, 12:11 AM
Banned

i want one now
Old 07-01-2008, 12:32 AM

the whole process is complete except for the bracket which will take about one week...i just placed an order for another 10 units to be shipped to me so i have them in stock when everyone needs and wants one...you guys can also e-mail me @ desiredwindows@yahoo.com if you have questions and need immediate reply...keep the interest coming guys because this is taking off with a ton of interest really fast! im literally answering a ton of e-mails a day regarding this stuff its crazy!
Old 07-01-2008, 12:37 AM

How does that work? and is there anyway possible to make words appear in place of the blur? a '**** you' comes to mind : )
Old 07-01-2008, 12:39 AM

Originally Posted by BostonBoy
I was thinking it goes clear when there is power to it? is YES, when I shut the car off I can not see the plate? I wonder what happens when I park it in the St. & a cop gives me a ticket or a tow. Trust me I want 1. I going to get a better answer tommorrow. I HOPE

that will not be the case at all...with the power inverter i will supply you can leave the switch in the on position even when the car is off so the plate is still visible, your next question will be...well wont that drain my battery? it will take power from your battery but in such a minimal amount that you would have to leave your car parked for days or weeks without starting it for that to happen. if thats the case and you know that you will go on vacation or leave your car in the garage, just simply switch the power inverter off and youll be fine. or disconnect the plate..i hope i answered your question well. let me know if you have any other questions.

Originally Posted by Immortal Technique
How does that work? and is there anyway possible to make words appear in place of the blur? a '**** you' comes to mind : )
lol patterns and such will be worked on in the near future but i doubt a corporation would invest in having profanity appear on the glass haha!

Last edited by crossed over; 07-01-2008 at 12:39 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07-01-2008, 12:44 AM

Originally Posted by crossed over
that will not be the case at all...with the power inverter i will supply you can leave the switch in the on position even when the car is off so the plate is still visible, your next question will be...well wont that drain my battery? it will take power from your battery but in such a minimal amount that you would have to leave your car parked for days or weeks without starting it for that to happen. if thats the case and you know that you will go on vacation or leave your car in the garage, just simply switch the power inverter off and youll be fine. or disconnect the plate..i hope i answered your question well. let me know if you have any other questions.

lol patterns and such will be worked on in the near future but i doubt a corporation would invest in having profanity appear on the glass haha!
haha okay how about 'loser'

and how about the price?
Old 07-01-2008, 01:46 AM

its looking like the price is going to be set at 285usd for the whole kit with bracket, and the kit for the guys that want to make their own bracket will be 265usd...read through the thread and youll find more details on what consists of the kit and how pricing will work...oh and ill keep "loser" in mind for you in the future projects haha!
Old 07-01-2008, 03:44 AM

damn thats fresh, i kind of want one.
Old 07-01-2008, 12:44 PM

ill have another 10 of these in 2 weeks or sooner
Old 07-01-2008, 02:38 PM
Banned

Do you take paypal? all you need is a account.
I know this is low voltage. I just thinking of only when I am parking in the st. Here in boston I bet they tow it. I rarely park in the st. I just think of highways cameras. this with my car camera & rader detector makes me feel like my car is rigged for the long hall. Thanks for the explanation
Old 07-01-2008, 02:40 PM

This would be bad ass in like sunny places. You could turn that **** on while your car sits outside in the sun so it doesnt bake your interior.
Old 07-01-2008, 02:44 PM

that's bad ass, would be cool for those stop lights that have cameras
Old 07-01-2008, 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by BostonBoy
Do you take paypal? all you need is a account.
I know this is low voltage. I just thinking of only when I am parking in the st. Here in boston I bet they tow it. I rarely park in the st. I just think of highways cameras. this with my car camera & rader detector makes me feel like my car is rigged for the long hall. Thanks for the explanation

yes i do take paypal for all the guys that want this plate complete without a bracket, pm me for details. and no problem for the response, if you have any questions at all just ask at anytime.. ...

Originally Posted by lewisb13
This would be bad ass in like sunny places. You could turn that **** on while your car sits outside in the sun so it doesnt bake your interior.
that would definately be a huge selling point with this glass but i believe its thicker and heavier, its also very hard to break, so safety concern is what comes to mind if you have an emergency and have to break the window to your car to get out...but with the right dimensions i can have this glass cut and curved to any spec needed..

Last edited by crossed over; 07-01-2008 at 02:59 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07-01-2008, 03:12 PM

OK so how does it work?
Old 07-01-2008, 03:13 PM

**** is pretty cool
Old 07-01-2008, 03:15 PM

I understand its the same technology as LCD yada yada. But how do you make it?
Old 07-01-2008, 07:55 PM

the process is soooo long to explain,its glass thats manufactured and treated and then liquid crystal film placed and sealed in between and wired to the glass so its conductive, yada yada pretty much..
Old 07-01-2008, 08:12 PM

I cant wait to see the final product...keep up the good work.
Old 07-01-2008, 09:16 PM

^^much appreciated, its been a long process and its taken me quite a while to get this going...

on a side note if anyone on here belongs to any other car forums or knows anybody that does, can you make a quick thread and share this vid with those guys?, i dont want to register on a new forum and look like a spammer and get kicked off...if anyone can do that for me it would be greatly appreciated!
if anyone does do this for me can you send me the link so i can follow the posts aswell?
Thanks
Chris
Old 07-01-2008, 09:37 PM
Not a Sebring

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by heyitsmikey1987
where can i buy???
coming from the cop........
Old 07-01-2008, 09:52 PM

ok, so the glass will always be "frosted" when there is no power supply, and it goes clear when it powered?

Quick Reply: LCD Plate Prototype done!