Pictures & Videos Your pictures, photoshops, and videos.

LCD Plate Prototype done!

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2008, 02:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lol no i was working my ass off doing other things at the same time haha....i was going to shoot video for proof but i was thinking that it still wouldnt prove much unless you watched a 6 hour video of my freezer while the test was going on lol!...you guys are free to try it at home when you get it though haha!...all is going as planned and as the prototype bracket is being made over the next few days, all the other stuff with wiring,power inverters and switches will be getting worked on today..
Old 08-28-2008, 02:49 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by crossed over
lol no i was working my ass off doing other things at the same time haha....i was going to shoot video for proof but i was thinking that it still wouldnt prove much unless you watched a 6 hour video of my freezer while the test was going on lol!...you guys are free to try it at home when you get it though haha!...all is going as planned and as the prototype bracket is being made over the next few days, all the other stuff with wiring,power inverters and switches will be getting worked on today..
Can't wait to see it! I was thinking of trying it out cause of these redlight cameras. lol
I would like to see a review on it though then I will write a review. (run a redlight on purpose to see if it works. lol)
Old 08-30-2008, 01:25 AM

ok guys here it goes!....ive been working on the glass all last night figuring out the perfect way to set this up...all the pics you will see are of the glass in its raw form without any type of bracket or anything at all, so dont think this is the finished product although its looking alot slimmer and cleaner...this new glass i had made has a slight tint to it which makes it a bit darker which allowed us to put it 3 quarters of an inch closer than the first prototype which is a huuuuge gain!...we also had 4 holes drilled in the glass so it can be mounted right where the existing screws go for our new prototype bracket tha will be made soon...
these pics are just to show you the glass mounted and lined up with the plate and shots taken from different angles so you guys can all see the basics of how its mounted and functioning, the process is slow and tedious but itll shure as hell all be worth it when this is all done!
also stay tuned for some daytime pics and if were lucky sometime very soon well have some running video of it on the car in motion!
Thanks for looking!

http://s524.photobucket.com/albums/c...Picture303.jpg

http://s524.photobucket.com/albums/c...Picture305.jpg

http://s524.photobucket.com/albums/c...Picture285.jpg

http://s524.photobucket.com/albums/c...Picture321.jpg this shows we spaced it at 1 1/4 inches!

http://s524.photobucket.com/albums/c...Picture280.jpg

http://s524.photobucket.com/albums/c...Picture297.jpg

Last edited by crossed over; 08-30-2008 at 02:06 AM.
Old 08-30-2008, 01:49 AM

i would be very carefull about becoming a vendor, this awesome perfected project might be your worst nightmare if you catch my drift dude.
Old 08-30-2008, 02:00 AM

Originally Posted by SuperSlow420
i would be very carefull about becoming a vendor, this awesome perfected project might be your worst nightmare if you catch my drift dude.
I agree 100% ... Too many issues here with this I would not want.

GTO 1
Old 08-30-2008, 02:32 AM

i definately catch your drift, a very grey area here with this for sure, but in the end its all in how the user uses this product...a disclaimer will be sent out with this as it is "not intended for street or public use" "show purposes only"...just as nitrous is for "track use only" and "not street use"...the research on this is still in progress ;-)...
Old 08-30-2008, 02:34 AM

love it but it seems you can still make the letters out...
Old 08-30-2008, 02:51 AM

i want one...pm me when they are for sale lol
Old 08-30-2008, 07:21 AM
Banned

ok guys here it goes!....ive been working on the glass all last night figuring out the perfect way to set this up...all the pics you will see are of the glass in its raw form without any type of bracket or anything at all, so dont think this is the finished product although its looking alot slimmer and cleaner...this new glass i had made has a slight tint to it which makes it a bit darker which allowed us to put it 3 quarters of an inch closer than the first prototype which is a huuuuge gain!...we also had 4 holes drilled in the glass so it can be mounted right where the existing screws go for our new prototype bracket tha will be made soon...
these pics are just to show you the glass mounted and lined up with the plate and shots taken from different angles so you guys can all see the basics of how its mounted and functioning, the process is slow and tedious but itll shure as hell all be worth it when this is all done!
also stay tuned for some daytime pics and if were lucky sometime very soon well have some running video of it on the car in motion!
Thanks for looking!

http://s524.photobucket.com/albums/c...Picture303.jpg

http://s524.photobucket.com/albums/c...Picture305.jpg

http://s524.photobucket.com/albums/c...Picture285.jpg

http://s524.photobucket.com/albums/c...Picture321.jpg this shows we spaced it at 1 1/4 inches!

http://s524.photobucket.com/albums/c...Picture280.jpg

http://s524.photobucket.com/albums/c...Picture297.jpg
Nice to hear this & thanks for the update.

We all know this is for off road use. Like guns, some people commit crimes with them, some don't (knifes too). Ski masks are for skiing, not for robbing people so they don't see you. I like toys & this is a toy to me, now you see me ,now you don't. This is great thing at car shows. I want to post pics of memebrs cars on here from last weeks car show, but there plates were showing. I understand both ways.
Old 08-30-2008, 11:02 AM

no you definately cant make the letters out, its just all a blur, these pics were taken so close up with an extremely bright flash, once i get more pics ill take pics from further away so you can see what it looks like then..its also a sub conscious thing cause you already know a few letters on the plate, i thought the same thing but then my friend put it up to his plate in which i couldnt remember and it just wasnt enough to make it out...another thing is with the kit ill add little spacers so if you want or can afford a little extra room you can always add them.

Originally Posted by BostonBoy
Nice to hear this & thanks for the update.

We all know this is for off road use. Like guns, some people commit crimes with them, some don't (knifes too). Ski masks are for skiing, not for robbing people so they don't see you. I like toys & this is a toy to me, now you see me ,now you don't. This is great thing at car shows. I want to post pics of memebrs cars on here from last weeks car show, but there plates were showing. I understand both ways.

exactly^^

Last edited by crossed over; 08-30-2008 at 11:02 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 08-30-2008, 11:05 AM
Banned

no you definately cant make the letters out, its just all a blur, these pics were taken so close up with an extremely bright flash, once i get more pics ill take pics from further away so you can see what it looks like then..its also a sub conscious thing cause you already know a few letters on the plate, i thought the same thing but then my friend put it up to his plate in which i couldnt remember and it just wasnt enough to make it out...another thing is with the kit ill add little spacers so if you want or can afford a little extra room you can always add them.

exactly^^
Thats awsome The rear can be big, it's just the front thinkness. U already know this. GOOD JOB.
Old 08-30-2008, 11:10 AM

thanks so much, ill be working on thr front really soon, im just working crazy shift work this weekend...ill see what i can mock up for the front...
Old 08-30-2008, 12:35 PM
Banned

thanks so much, ill be working on thr front really soon, im just working crazy shift work this weekend...ill see what i can mock up for the front...
Take all the time you need
Old 08-31-2008, 12:58 AM

**** looks good, I am glad to see you take pride in ur work, you work too hard for us ss.net people lol. Good job and I will be checking up on this every now and then to see the progress. I think you will be a great vendor man so keep up the great work.
Old 09-07-2008, 10:58 PM

I just saw this WOW. How is this coming along?
Old 09-10-2008, 01:19 AM

ok guys ive been going at this for another week and im sorry i havent been on here, im getting the craziest shifts at the hospital ever right now!.and the wifes pregnancy is getting more and more progressive (obviously) so ive had my hands pretty full, not to mention im running my window business aswell..im still working on this until i get this 100% perfected, i have the next 2 days off work so far so ill keep you posted with any other progress so far. thanks for all the comments it really boosts my confidence because ive put alot of time and money into this so far...i have another 2 sheets of glass in order and will be experimenting more. i really appreciate the words of confidence and the complements guys..ill be keeping you all posted for sure!
Old 09-11-2008, 01:20 AM

Cool but your about 2 years late. Already tried this with both white changing and dark glass. Biggest problem we saw, the glass we used had to have power through it to be clear and the dark one wouldnt change fast enough (3 minutes). Maybe this glass is a different kind then we used?
Old 09-11-2008, 07:31 PM

much different than ours...ours will switch from haze to clear in about 8 milliseconds, also the way these are made now require so little power that youll have to have it powered on for a couple of days without starting your car for it to even drain the battery. this glass is considered energy efficient for homes, home owners will keep this glass switched on for days and weeks at a time and it wont even effect the electricity bill. i just need to get around this dam bracket situation, once i master this or get someone to master it for me ill be good from there lol!
Old 09-16-2008, 03:43 PM

ok guys heres another recap of whats going on, and dont worry we havent given up on this.
the problem were running into now is that this plate looks ok on some cars and not ok on others and that bothers me. as it sits right now were back at the drawing board and altering the glass in a couple of ways...'the glass will have to be 11.5 inches by 5.5 inches instead of the regular 12x6, this wil allow us to make the plate more universal to more cars as it will allow us more room to fit it properly with the bracket, we also need the extra space so we can insulate the glass between the bracket..

we are also going to try a different lcd film in the glass to try to obtain the darkest tint possible, even though we were able to make it a bit closer than our original i still want to try as many things as we possibly can to get it better before we move forward. the only problem is this film is going to cost us 25 dollars more but dont worry guys i wont let this reflect the price of the plate at all, i will just have to buy a **** load more of this so i lower the cost of it from buying it in bulk..
right now i am having another order of glass manufactured and ill be getting back to let everyone know how its going...
Old 09-16-2008, 08:03 PM

kool keep us updated. I do want one fo sho'
Old 09-23-2008, 03:31 AM

glass will be finished in 5 more days guys hang in tight, i think i may have found the right combo to get this done right, keep your fingers crossed cause i just blew another 400 bucks to get this new glass in production...i really hope this works! if it does were gunna have a **** load of these ready in no time.. wish me luck, and if this combo doesnt work ill post a vid of me personally smashing my head right through this glass :-) jks...

dont lose hope yet! i just want this perfect and dont ever want anyone to have bad things to say about my product.
Old 09-23-2008, 03:38 AM

im sure it will turn out great
Old 10-22-2008, 06:33 PM

ok ive had another 2 protypes made and no success so far, one tinted much darker and didnt need much of a gap at all but then the glass was too dark when clear and that would cause issues in itself, so that one is a no go.
now i tried a different film with different glass and it went a bit darker than the first clear one and seems better quality but still needs an inch and a half space...
now i have one more ill finish this friday or so and im trying a different glazing layer and it will tint darker...after this shot im not quite too sure what my next options will be because ive tried everything, i will keep you guys posted and dont worry i havent forgotten about you. i just havent had much news so i figured id wait till i posted this.

Thanks again for your patience.
Old 10-23-2008, 01:30 AM

shweeeet.
Old 10-25-2008, 11:44 PM

ok i have the glass finished!.....it looks great, the tint is pretty much perfect, it needs about half inch if even that! itll be easy to mount as that little gap can easily be made up for. now here comes the new problem...the glass now has a tint to it and its too dam dark for my liking. when its clear the cops will most likely pull over just for the tinted glass...the only thing i could think of was to mount a bright led light inside the bracket to brighten up the glass so it keps everyone out of trouble, but then im afraid itll bring up the cost altogether..when i take a pic with a bright flash on the glass looks pretty clear, but without its wayyyy too dark...so now im in good standing im just running to a bit of the opposite problem...stay tuned for a few pics, then another few on the car...ill post em up asap!

Quick Reply: LCD Plate Prototype done!