Pictures & Videos Your pictures, photoshops, and videos.

Made a video (not work safe)

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2006, 09:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by saturnd00d
Cry me a river

Honestly, you really don't have to be a dick about things. I posted the vid up because I wanted to. I knew negative comments were going to head my way, thats fine. I'm not going to cry about it, though it sounds like you would if someone made fun of your ride. Hey you know what? Great, go ahead and post vids of your sunfire pulling. Glad you had to prove something. Maybe your trying to compensate by playing the "my car is faster than yours" game.
honestly i dont get anyone running their mouth about my ride, ive earned enough respect locally at least to fit in with the rest of the cars and they dont even give a **** its a sunfire cause i dont have a 16 second car trying to add a intake and some small boltons expecting gains, ive done past that about 2 years ago and i know what these economy made motors need to be quick.

If you wanna make a n/a (naturally aspirated) engine quick you should put high compression pistons in it such as 11:1 and a port and polished head and a set of cams and i would almost gaurentee you'd be somewhere in the mid-low 14's with a decent set of tires and LSD and a good clutch. the 2.2 ecotec should already run mid-high 15's bone stock from what ive seen with the cavaliers, hell theres a guy running 14.90's with a intake, all mounts, underdrive pulley, flywheel, stage 3 clutch, header and exhaust. Even add on some nitrous to your engine would do wonders, the 2.2 ecos from what ive seen can hold up to a 75 shot nicely before you start having fuel problems (pump, injectors maxing out).
Old 08-09-2006, 10:02 PM

ok first of all. Sunfire guy, I don't care if u run a high 13 quarter mile or if u run a 11 second quarter mile. Sunfires are so damn ugly I can't even begin to explain it. That's like butt ass ugly. I hate when people make disqusting looking cars go fast.

Second of all... Why's everone ripping on the guy who posted the vid?
Old 08-09-2006, 11:06 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I think people are confusing the direction of the angst in this thread.

for me personally and i think for alot of people in this thread, people arent judging the video. so its slower than an ss/sc big deal.

like i said earlier. Run what you brung brotha.

this is the part that pisses me off.

Originally Posted by ablankforthemix
im behind you ss/sc is for mid life crisis guys and kids with rich parents... plus if i truly wanted to, i would spend money on turbo and be faster then an ss/sc for less money overall
Old 08-09-2006, 11:16 PM

Originally Posted by ablankforthemix
im behind you ss/sc is for mid life crisis guys and kids with rich parents... plus if i truly wanted to, i would spend money on turbo and be faster then an ss/sc for less money overall
you wont turbo your car so dont even bring it up
Old 08-09-2006, 11:20 PM

Originally Posted by l Sh1ft l
ok first of all. Sunfire guy, I don't care if u run a high 13 quarter mile or if u run a 11 second quarter mile. Sunfires are so damn ugly I can't even begin to explain it. That's like butt ass ugly. I hate when people make disqusting looking cars go fast.

Second of all... Why's everone ripping on the guy who posted the vid?
did i say i liked my car? **** no and i dont, i could care less if it had a ******* aluminum wing on it and pink stripes, it beats what you drive so dont worry about it. i have way more done to my car then you will ever acheive on anything, all you have to do is go to gm and say i want stage 2 and your ***** set for 13's, some of us work for what we have. am i in anyway bashing any cobalt ss s/c on here that do that, i respect you guys that arent ********.
Old 08-09-2006, 11:37 PM

Wow, this thread has gotten out of control.

But, I don't think anyone was flaming you for posting the video, it was the comment about rich kids and mid-life crisis.

It's good to see you put in the effort and contribute with a video.
Old 08-10-2006, 12:23 AM
Banned

Hmm just to clear up, I dont have a Supercharger or even a GM product
well I do have an 05 Duramax for the two rig
Old 08-10-2006, 12:25 AM

is that KM/h?
Old 08-10-2006, 12:32 AM

Cool vid, **** the haters.
Old 08-10-2006, 12:33 AM

Originally Posted by charged_sunfire
did i say i liked my car? **** no and i dont, i could care less if it had a ******* aluminum wing on it and pink stripes, it beats what you drive so dont worry about it. i have way more done to my car then you will ever acheive on anything, all you have to do is go to gm and say i want stage 2 and your ***** set for 13's, some of us work for what we have. am i in anyway bashing any cobalt ss s/c on here that do that, i respect you guys that arent ********.
Or. I could go buy a new evo and smoke you right out of the box. (Which is will do next year).

ORR... I could go get a chevy aveo and have a car that looks equally as cool as yours!!
Old 08-10-2006, 12:34 AM

Originally Posted by l Sh1ft l
Or. I could go buy a new evo and smoke you right out of the box. (Which is will do next year).

ORR... I could go get a chevy aveo and have a car that looks equally as cool as yours!!
do it then, stop running your mouth and show me something. nobody wants to hear "i could get" "im gonna get" bullshit, run what you brung or dont talk at all.
Old 08-10-2006, 01:07 AM

For those that gave feedback on the video, thanks.. I appreciate it. As long as its a respectful comment, I don't care if its good or bad criticism. I am an open-minded person in terms of cars. I only wish for the same coming back to me.

For the comment about the rich kid/mid-life crisis crap, I don't buy it. I think the redline and SS/SC were made for people who like performance straight out of the box, but don't want to crush the wallet, or simply want a practical daily driver. Personally, I am a fan of both the supercharged delta twins, and if the redline was out when I was in the market (and I could live with a coupe style car rather than 4 door) I would have been all over it.

At this time, I am actually more geared towards now buying a house since I'm getting married in a month. I could give two ***** if someone with a turbo'ed or supercharged car pulls up next to me and beats me in overall speed. My intent with this car was to make it quicker, respond better, handle better and simply enjoy it more. That's always been my reason for modding. I will not get nitrous, I will not slap ona turbo, and I won't go with a crazy N/A build because all of these things are taking my car to a level I don't intend to reach. I respect people who mod for their own satisfaction (like what I do), rather than for attention.

Anyways, very off-topic now. For those of you who watched the video, thanks. I will take more as time goes on. For people like charged_sunfire, if you don't have constructive criticism for me and come here to raise a stink, don't let the door hit you on the way out.
Old 08-10-2006, 01:13 AM

wow this thread is going nowhere fast.. good job guys... by the way.. i paied for my sti and my cobalt ss/sc all by myself... im ony 20! and i live on my own..mexiCAN!
Old 08-10-2006, 02:51 AM

yeah I don't see what the point of this argument is anyway.

everyone knows the Ion is better than the Cobalt.
Old 08-10-2006, 02:59 AM

Originally Posted by charged_sunfire
do it then, stop running your mouth and show me something. nobody wants to hear "i could get" "im gonna get" bullshit, run what you brung or dont talk at all.
Who said I wanted to race?

My car = tH3 s3x!