Pictures & Videos Your pictures, photoshops, and videos.

Official Retrofit Review Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2012, 04:18 PM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Nevermind, just saw the pm's and pics of all the stuff he's unhappy with. There's always people looking for $300-400 retros I'm sure you'll sell them nerd. Glws.
Old 01-28-2012, 04:29 PM
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Again...there aimed properly and there not 75 feet away. There not aimed up or anything your claiming. My bugeye sits higher then my cobalt but not by much as there both lowered. Again i must be lucky with them.
Old 01-28-2012, 04:44 PM
Super Moderator
Platinum Member

Received 212 Likes on 171 Posts
Stickied!
Old 01-28-2012, 05:25 PM
Premium Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Soo.. the after the solenoid smoked itself out for 10 minutes it stopped smoking but I have no highs.
Old 01-28-2012, 06:29 PM

wow u keep getn **** on no luck
Old 01-28-2012, 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by mkulrey13
Again...there aimed properly and there not 75 feet away. There not aimed up or anything your claiming. My bugeye sits higher then my cobalt but not by much as there both lowered. Again i must be lucky with them.
Dude, I dont know WTF your problem is, or if you include me in that group of people who secretly hate you and talk **** about you at every chance, but you need to stand up straight grow a sack and stop thinking everyone is out to get you.

I didnt talk bad about you, your lights, or anything yet you keep doing this passive aggressive bullshit "I guess I got a good pair" "I Must be lucky" Its really ******* annoying, and besides if what youre saying is true and its not just you acting like a child, then it means that the lights you built casionerd dont have the same output. You keep playing games like that and your gonna dig yourself a hole.
Old 01-28-2012, 10:03 PM
AWD > FWD

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Almost sounds like it might be a bulb spacing issue. I'd like to see those output pics.
Old 01-28-2012, 11:06 PM

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts
Informative thread.

mkulrey13, thats some poor customer service... reading your responses from someone who just paid $400+ is inexcusable. Yea, they may be cheap retrofits, but a customer did spend money with you and was unhappy with the product, so you NEED to try and fix that... and by talking with your shitty attitude doesn't help. This is just your side job to make some extra money and I can tell that is exactly it. Sounds like you need a lesson or two about sales
Old 01-29-2012, 12:05 AM

Originally Posted by Maven
Dude, I dont know WTF your problem is, or if you include me in that group of people who secretly hate you and talk **** about you at every chance, but you need to stand up straight grow a sack and stop thinking everyone is out to get you.

I didnt talk bad about you, your lights, or anything yet you keep doing this passive aggressive bullshit "I guess I got a good pair" "I Must be lucky" Its really ******* annoying, and besides if what youre saying is true and its not just you acting like a child, then it means that the lights you built casionerd dont have the same output. You keep playing games like that and your gonna dig yourself a hole.
I dont know... I would say a decent part of this thread has been people attacking BuyHIDs, Im suprised this got stickied.... there really hasnt been that much useful info. Maybe you're not involved in it, Im not going back in reading all the posts, but theres definitely a lot of bashing.

As far as BuyHIDs product, like I said in a previous post I love my retros! I havent done a complete review yet, but I will... right now I have to get to bed for work tomorrow. Here are a few pics in the mean time:

Switchbacks on (white) and halos:

Switchback turn signal:

Old 01-29-2012, 12:15 AM

^those look really nice
Old 01-29-2012, 12:22 AM

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by matt638
^those look really nice
agreed

have the same set up and love em
Old 01-29-2012, 12:24 AM

i have the same setup waiting to be made by you guys

can't wait!
Old 01-29-2012, 12:32 AM
village idiot

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Vette. Those do look good and clean. Looks like Mike did a good job on them. The night pic doesn't look that great IMO but I know that they look better in person. Taking pictures of HIDs at night is really hard. I took pics of mine but didn't share them because they looked worse in the pics than they did in person.

I think I just got a poorly done set followed by bad customer service.

This thread isn't bashing anyone in particular. If anyone is getting bashed it's Francis. I never heard of the guy but the pics and history definitely appear to deserve some serious bashing. Without a thread like this who knows how many others would pay a lot and be VERY disappointed.

Mike/BuyHIDs is getting more mentioning recently and in the last few pages but he brought it upon himself IMO. The good thing about this thread is it has the good with the bad. You love Mike's stuff and you fell like he's treated you right. Let everyone know about it. This way people see the happy customers and the not-so-happy customers and can make an educated decision on what they'll buy and who they'll buy from based on these reviews.

Soccer is gonna get my set and hopefully give a non-biased opinion on them. We'll see what he thinks. Maybe he'll say I'm just crazy or picky as hell. Who knows????

Congrats on the lights. Again, they look good and if you're happy with them then that is all that matters.
Old 01-29-2012, 12:50 AM

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by matt638
i have the same setup waiting to be made by you guys

can't wait!
hope you like them as much as me and vette do
Old 01-29-2012, 12:54 AM

Originally Posted by keiserX13
hope you like them as much as me and vette do
me too man, me too.. if they come out like vettes i cant see why i wouldn't
Old 01-29-2012, 01:33 AM

I also don't see how this is a BH bash thread like has been said. Its a REVIEW, bad **** is gonna get posted if there's problems, just like the good stuff will when customers are happy. I have never bashed BH, now SRA......sure, I've posted my opinion a lot on him, and its almost never even remotely good. And something EVERYONE needs to realize is that talking about customer service or the lights, even criticisms is not bashing.......me saying I thing BHs housings and harnesses arent real high quality isn't bashing its an opinion based on facts. Me calling SRA a hack, that's bashing.
Old 01-29-2012, 06:16 AM

Originally Posted by casionerd
Vette. Those do look good and clean. Looks like Mike did a good job on them. The night pic doesn't look that great IMO but I know that they look better in person. Taking pictures of HIDs at night is really hard.
Thanks man. Yeah, I took all the pics with my cell phone, and the night shots definitely didnt come out... my cell phone didnt like all the light haha. The switchbacks, when lit up white, make everything even brighter, which is noticable in that night pic. I was suprised how bright they were. The output of the headlights is great, Ill get some pics of the cutoff when I do the complete review.
Old 01-29-2012, 07:26 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I also don't see how this is a BH bash thread like has been said. Its a REVIEW, bad **** is gonna get posted if there's problems, just like the good stuff will when customers are happy. I have never bashed BH, now SRA......sure, I've posted my opinion a lot on him, and its almost never even remotely good. And something EVERYONE needs to realize is that talking about customer service or the lights, even criticisms is not bashing.......me saying I thing BHs housings and harnesses arent real high quality isn't bashing its an opinion based on facts. Me calling SRA a hack, that's bashing.
Definitely cheaper housings and harness in the BH retros

Lenses were hazed from the inside

Took um apart, took the projector out and sold um
NoW making my own in real Oem headlights
Old 01-29-2012, 07:34 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Heaven forbid someone point out some flaws about a product.

Because making improvements and satisfying a customer isn't the priority...making a dollar is...and when you take a dollar from someone it upsets them.

That alone is sad that someone in a community can't point out someone else's drawbacks and give constructive criticism.

Apparently having a community that betters one another isn't something that's acceptable anymore.

Or it's what happens when everyone is raised with the mindset that there is never winners/losers...
Old 01-29-2012, 09:26 PM
Super Moderator
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by 80vetteL82
I dont know... I would say a decent part of this thread has been people attacking BuyHIDs, Im suprised this got stickied.... there really hasnt been that much useful info. Maybe you're not involved in it, Im not going back in reading all the posts, but theres definitely a lot of bashing.
I don't think your getting this thread, its a review thread, people post up good and or bad. What useful info are you looking for? No ones bashing here. Mike is going to get majority of the reviews. Why? Retros are his primary focus, and other than Maven who's a vendor on another forum no one really builds a mass amount of these like him. And any business will tell you you will always here more bad news than good about your products.
Old 01-29-2012, 10:46 PM
Platinum Member

just got my buyhids.com lights. I got these for free from a member on here but still trying to be descriptive.

can't really be too hard on packaging as these were opened from the first owner. but foam was in all the right spots to keep them from moving around, lenses were wrapped and protected, news paper everywhere else, and propped up on cardboard and more foam to keep from getting hit underneath. under one light was the bi-xenon harness, in a sealed bag. under the other light were the decals and "thank you for your purchase" letter explaining warranties.

from what i can see, the quality of the lights themselves is great. no careless scratches, nicks, or dings from install. while the wiring harness isn't wrapped, and nice and neat like Maven's lights. everything has nice connections, seals, grommets, etc.

these aren't anything spectacular with demons eyes and ccfls and leds all over the place. just simple retro fit. i'll be installing them tomorrow and i'll have better pictures then. these are just from my phone

And i can see now why people get intimidated by wiring i'll probably clean it up and make everything nice and neat during install tomorrow. but it took about 30 seconds to get it all together.

Last edited by EXsoccer1921; 01-29-2012 at 11:06 PM.
Old 01-29-2012, 11:13 PM

Those pass my eye test. I would take them but I agree the customer and their thoughts are always right.
But they would go on my car mine that I built would get roasted by you guys but I don't know I got parts and advice on how to build and hook them up from buyhids and their service was fast for me. I will take the next set of free ones please lol!
Old 01-30-2012, 01:04 AM
Super Moderator
Platinum Member

Good honest review, thanks. Now get them bishs in!
Old 01-30-2012, 01:11 AM
Platinum Member

goin in tomorrow
Old 01-30-2012, 10:10 AM

nice lights love the chrome retro look

Quick Reply: Official Retrofit Review Thread