Pictures & Videos Your pictures, photoshops, and videos.

In Pro Car Wear Tail Lights

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2010, 11:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by sjc0013
wow......please do not get these hideous lights. Here's a more accurate pic of what they look like

lmao

Originally Posted by Nakaiya21
Here are some pics for ya:

Keep in mind that these pics were taken almost a year ago when I dropped of Coby for a custom paint job (that is another story)...

As you can see the inner lights do stick out from the trunk (refer to last picture) about 2 inches - not nearly as bad as some would have you believe. The outer lights are more in line with the body contours. From a direct, in-line approach the lights actually look really good (the leds remind of the newer corvettes - especially at night). Once again for me it was more about functionality than looks (that was a bonus). If the haters out there can point out a better tail light then I will be more than happy to consider changing mine. Until then I am keeping them...

thanks for posting the pic's

Last edited by matt638; 07-23-2010 at 11:19 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07-23-2010, 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by Nighthawk243
Yeah, they stick out a bit much.

These are the ones I am using:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/05-09...Q5fAccessories
Yeah, I look into those a for a little bit... haven't seen them in person. The thing turned me away was the fact that the inner don't match the outers... I like having the led effect for both the inners and outers.... actually that is a big problem that I saw with a lot of the ebay sets... you either only get the outers or the inners don't match the outers. Then there are the 'honeycomb' tails - don't even get me started there...

If this isn't the case then please post up some night pics and some profile pics - would love to see the difference between the IPCWs and these....

oh and glad you enjoyed the pics...
Old 07-23-2010, 01:13 PM

Ya they do stick out a bit but I still love them
[/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 07-24-2010, 01:18 AM

Yeah, I look into those a for a little bit... haven't seen them in person. The thing turned me away was the fact that the inner don't match the outers... I like having the led effect for both the inners and outers.... actually that is a big problem that I saw with a lot of the ebay sets... you either only get the outers or the inners don't match the outers. Then there are the 'honeycomb' tails - don't even get me started there...

If this isn't the case then please post up some night pics and some profile pics - would love to see the difference between the IPCWs and these....

oh and glad you enjoyed the pics...
i have another question, where did you get your rims from, and for how much?

Originally Posted by superbug
Ya they do stick out a bit but I still love them
[/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
& thanks for the pic's!

Last edited by matt638; 07-24-2010 at 01:18 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07-24-2010, 01:29 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ugly pieces of ****.....
Old 07-24-2010, 02:00 AM

yeah you really dont need to see any more pictures. as you can see from the pics, they are dont look hot haha. im not saying hey lets all have the same cobalts or anything but be unique and also tasteful. if u notice the last two guys that showed pics... one calls their cobalt "coby" and the other one has yellow painted rims that can decide for ya
Old 07-24-2010, 02:24 AM

Originally Posted by 08ShowbaltLS
yeah you really dont need to see any more pictures. as you can see from the pics, they are dont look hot haha. im not saying hey lets all have the same cobalts or anything but be unique and also tasteful. if u notice the last two guys that showed pics... one calls their cobalt "coby" and the other one has yellow painted rims that can decide for ya
LOL , but yeah man i dont like how the stick out to be completely honest... good thing i made this post lol
Old 07-24-2010, 06:58 AM

Aww look at you and your high horse driving an LS. Really man?
Old 07-24-2010, 12:48 PM

hey im not showing my car off in any way but nice low blow man . the "ls" is my first car and i just wanted a car that gets good gas mileage for my college commute. but how does that not give me freedom to make an opinion. when i see something distasteful, im going to give my opinion. i dont care if i drive a geo metro, i can still say the lights are ugly. some ppl dont have the money to get the ss but that doesnt mean they cant have an opinion on the forum. why dont you actually help the op out instead of ******* on people because of what car they have?
Old 07-24-2010, 02:15 PM

Whoa...back up there.... be careful who you bash before you bash.... perhaps we should get a few things straight...

1.) Yes I named my car Coby. There is no problem with that. After all there are a ton of people who give nicknames to there cars - I just happen to be one of them. This car happens to be my pride and joy - I have invested a lot of time, money, and effort into this vehicle in order to make him the very best cobalt on the road. This car happens to only have the best in terms of equipment. I make sure that each piece I put on is well researched for its functionality and performance prior to installation. For someone that drives an LS as a means of transportation - I am sure that you know where I am coming from. After all you must have researched each and every car out there prior to making your selection so that you could get the best performance possible for the little money you had to spend.

2.) As I have stated before - instead of saying these lights are hideous or make the car ugly, find a better alternative. Once again I will be more than willing to change these lights for something else - but you have to find something better in terms of performance. (**crickets**) I think that I have said enough here...

3.) This information in this thread is meant to inform the op about the lights themselves and I think it has done that. Basically by giving several alternative views on different vehicles at various angles, the op will now be able to chose for himself how they wish to proceed. (Personally I think the yellow balt is very unique and clean - I can certainly appreciate that!)

I realize that this post will be interpreted as being highly defensive - that is ok. After all it gets really old when dealing with certain mindset and after a while you just need to vent a little. I apologize in advance if I offend anyone with this.

Btw, my rims are OZ ultraleggeras. You can get them from tirerack for $348/each. I actually powdercoated my stockers black.

Oh, one last thing.... I am not a guy. I happen to be a female car enthusiast.
Old 07-24-2010, 04:22 PM

i really shouldnt have called you out on naming your cobalt i just saw a connection with the lights and wasnt really thinking. i was also pretty drunk last night when i typed that haha. now that i hear you are female it changes my whole thinking because naming your car is more of a feminine thing to do and not in a bad way. thats really cool that you are into your cars and i honestly think "coby" is one of the best looking on the site. i will keep my word on the cobalt with yellow rims being very distasteful not saying the whole car is a wreck but most will agree that those rims need to be swapped. im just going to keep on track with the threads original purpose. i, personally, do not find the lights attractive and i believe there are many alternatives that would look better.
Old 07-24-2010, 06:37 PM

Well you know to each their own but a simple "I don't like em" would suffice. I posted my pics to help the guy who wanted to know how they looked and I know that when I posted pics I'm going to get some assclown who can't help himself by saying something fairly insulting so there ya go BIG SUPRISE! Commenting that something is distastful is pretty shitty because taste is not up for your judgment. Like I said a simple don't like em will do. I'm sorry that I can't afford to buy some fancy ass rims as there are not a lot to choose from in the 5-bolt pattern and are usually more pircey than the guys with your Honda Civic bolt pattern. A couple of cans of paint later and they turned out pretty decent in my opinion.
Old 07-25-2010, 02:50 AM

hey im not showing my car off in any way but nice low blow man .
The low blow was YOUR shot at the yellow rims and the naming of a car, both of which are irrelevant to lights. Had you just commented on the tails I wouldn't have said a word.
Old 07-25-2010, 03:38 AM

Keep in mind that these pics were taken almost a year ago when I dropped of Coby for a custom paint job (that is another story)...

As you can see the inner lights do stick out from the trunk (refer to last picture) about 2 inches - not nearly as bad as some would have you believe. The outer lights are more in line with the body contours. From a direct, in-line approach the lights actually look really good (the leds remind of the newer corvettes - especially at night). Once again for me it was more about functionality than looks (that was a bonus). If the haters out there can point out a better tail light then I will be more than happy to consider changing mine. Until then I am keeping them...
your car couldn't look any sexier!!!

how much they run you for?
Old 07-25-2010, 01:17 PM

^^ The rims? They are OZ ultraleggeras. You can pick them up from tirerack for $348/each. I think I paid approx $1500 for the full set (no rubber) with shipping and some tpms. I also put on mc guard locking lugnuts (about 100) and some anti-tamper valve stem covers ($20). In the picture Coby has on a set of SSC springs. The IPCWs are the bermuda black.

This was almost a year ago though - right when I dropped Coby off for a custom paint job. He has spent the last 10+ months between the body shop and a high-end performance shop right around the corner. Now he has a new paint job and a set of peddars coilovers (among other things)...

I keep promising updated pics - and hopefully I will have some this coming up weekend?
Old 07-25-2010, 02:36 PM

i meant the bermuda black icpws
Old 07-25-2010, 07:23 PM

^^^ can't remember - was almost two years ago when I got mine... I think you can get them on ebay now?
Old 07-25-2010, 11:08 PM

yeah i actually love those rims... but i didn't know where to get them from, thanks alot for your help!

and do you have a video on youtube of your car?
Old 07-27-2010, 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by cmatthewb101
Ugly pieces of ****.....
Agreed.
Old 07-27-2010, 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by matt638
yeah i actually love those rims... but i didn't know where to get them from, thanks alot for your help!

and do you have a video on youtube of your car?
is this it?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dW4Mb...os=xr4bDcxJfV8
Old 07-27-2010, 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by sjc0013
wow......please do not get these hideous lights. Here's a more accurate pic of what they look like

ROFL, matches his exhaust thats for sure.
Old 07-27-2010, 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by krizlx
Yeah... that was made about a year ago on skull valley rd - prior to the latest round of mods. I guess I will have to make a new one soon...
Old 07-27-2010, 11:43 PM

Yeah... that was made about a year ago on skull valley rd - prior to the latest round of mods. I guess I will have to make a new one soon...
Old 03-31-2012, 05:57 PM

Sorry to pull up a long dead thread, however, i am curious to know if they are able to be shortened to appropriate lengths, before ordering them and being disappointed.

Reason i ask, is I'm trying to do a 4 reverse light mod, and it'd be easier to shorten these tails appropriately, and then cut out the center for the 2 outside ones, rather than having to go thru the work of custom making a set of tails, using 3 sets of stocks, along with all the custom wiring.
Old 04-01-2012, 01:17 AM

Originally Posted by xxBlackBalt89xx
Sorry to pull up a long dead thread, however, i am curious to know if they are able to be shortened to appropriate lengths, before ordering them and being disappointed.

Reason i ask, is I'm trying to do a 4 reverse light mod, and it'd be easier to shorten these tails appropriately, and then cut out the center for the 2 outside ones, rather than having to go thru the work of custom making a set of tails, using 3 sets of stocks, along with all the custom wiring.
It takes some serious work. The outer ones don't really stick out that far so I left them, but chopping down the inners was pretty hard. I ended up just taking out the LED's and putting them in the stock inners.

Quick Reply: In Pro Car Wear Tail Lights