Problems/Service/Maintenance Do you have problems with your new 2.0, 2.2, or 2.4L? What kind of service did you have done?

06 LSJ Problems

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2017, 12:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
06 LSJ Problems

Hey guys long time since ive been on here. I have some questions about some codes ill list them
P0069
P0098
P0103
P0107
P0302
P1133
P2228
P0069

now i kno the p0069 is a duplicate and p0302 is cyl 2 misfire. I believe most these codes are most likely being off from each other.

I had a tear in my intake coupler also my car has been guttless lately it wants to go but its like its pulling a tank behind it. I believe i need a new map sensor. Idle is up and down when idling.
I used to boost around 15 to 16 psi under heavy trottle good luck now. Just needing so input maybe im overlooking something.
Old 10-06-2017, 01:01 PM

Received 357 Likes on 318 Posts
P0069: Manifold Absolute Pressure/Barometric Pressure Correlation; Powertrain Control Module is detecting contradictory readings from the manifold absolute pressure sensor and the barometric pressure sensor.

P0098: Intake Air Temperature Sensor 2 Circuit High; (ECM) has determined that the intake air temperature sensor 2 (IAT2) has an open circuit in the sensor circuit

P0103: Mass Airflow (MAF) Circuit High Air Flow and High Voltage Output;Mass Airflow (MAF) Sensor having a high voltage output to the Engine Control Unit (ECU).

P0107: Manifold Air Pressure (MAP) Barometric Pressure Sensor Circuit Low Voltage Input Problem; MAP circuit sensor having too low voltage input to the Engine Control Unit (ECU). This means the voltage input to the ECU is .5 volt or less which means that it is not in the correct lower range for proper engine operation.

P0302: Cylinder 2 Misfire Detected

P1133:HO2S INSUFFICIENT SWITCHING SENSOR 1; PCM monitors Heated Oxygen Sensor (HO2S) activity for 100
seconds. PCM determines if HO2S 1 is functioning properly by counting
number of HO2S 1 Lean/Rich (L/R) and Rich/Lean (R/L) switches. If PCM
determines that HO2S 1 did not switch enough times, DTC 1133 is set.

P2228: Barometric Pressure Circuit Low

It almost seems like something is effed up with your MAP and MAF circuitry, potentially with the wiring like a short between the wires maybe a short to ground? The low voltage symptoms or the correlation code is what you typically see with a failed sensor. I have never seen voltage too high code because of a bad sensor. Could also be your ECU. You definitely can't expect it to run worth a damn with both your MAF and MAP reading incorrectly. If you can't find anything wrong with your wiring I would suspect the ECU but maybe someone else will chime in with a better idea. I just wanted to put up what the codes actually are so you can see it in one place and everyone won't have to have 7 different tabs open googling these codes just to see what they are.

Old 10-08-2017, 11:27 AM

I appreciate you time, my next step was to replace Map sensor, also maf and see what happens. Just one day it started going down hill.

My other problem is my ecu was tuned by trifecta stg3 and he no longer deals with the cobalts
Old 10-09-2017, 08:43 AM

Received 357 Likes on 318 Posts
Originally Posted by goeckeritz123
I appreciate you time, my next step was to replace Map sensor, also maf and see what happens. Just one day it started going down hill.

My other problem is my ecu was tuned by trifecta stg3 and he no longer deals with the cobalts
Doubt it's the MAF or MAP as I wouldn't think it would be likely they both go bad all a sudden at the same time. Also I don't think the high voltage readings are generally caused by a bad sensor. If you do buy the map sensor, find the part number and get it off rock auto, amazon or something of the sort because the dealers charge literally over twice as much. I think OEM sensors are always recommended but people may have had luck with cheaper aftermarket.
Old 10-09-2017, 11:16 PM

Ive had good luck with autozone and napa getting oem parts at decent prices. Dealers are horrible