Problems/Service/Maintenance Do you have problems with your new 2.0, 2.2, or 2.4L? What kind of service did you have done?

2006 lsj zzp stage 2 problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2017, 02:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 lsj zzp stage 2 problem

So just went stage 2 with the Balt. K&N intake, 60# injectors, new zzp ecu, 2.9 pulley, etc. Took it out the first two days and wow thing was pulling perfect and pushing 16 psi. Now day 3 it's pushing nothing over 13 and the air intake sounds like it's sputtering? The car just feels nutless right now and idk what to do about it or check. It's not pulling correctly anymore and something clearly is wrong with it and I just need ideas on what the hell to do with the thing now. Thanks
Old 07-29-2017, 03:30 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Boostbypass valve?
Old 07-29-2017, 04:07 AM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Mine does that when bypass bushing needs a drop of oil. I use the dip stick for the oil.
Old 07-29-2017, 04:11 AM

Originally Posted by Johnny Bliss
Boostbypass valve?
i don't know why all the sudden it would decide to stick and how would it cause a goofy sound from intake? I'm gonna try and get up and get the car scanned tomorrow to see if there is any codes that just aren't popping up. This is just frustrating cause I have always wanted one of these cars and now it's just giving me hell
Old 07-29-2017, 09:21 AM

Received 357 Likes on 318 Posts
If the bypass valve is sticky it could cause a partial bypass problem which I assume could make some sort of fluttering noise due to the rotors. However I would think problems from a sticky bypass valve would be inconsistent. But 16 and 13 aren't real far off. Are you running the stock belt? It could just be belt slip. I have a mechanical boost gauge but the needle would flutter when I had slip.

Also your computer could be pulling boost for some reason via the boost control solenoid that can operate the bypass valve. Have you checked IAT2 temps?
Old 07-29-2017, 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by jdbaugh1
If the bypass valve is sticky it could cause a partial bypass problem which I assume could make some sort of fluttering noise due to the rotors. However I would think problems from a sticky bypass valve would be inconsistent. But 16 and 13 aren't real far off. Are you running the stock belt? It could just be belt slip. I have a mechanical boost gauge but the needle would flutter when I had slip.

Also your computer could be pulling boost for some reason via the boost control solenoid that can operate the bypass valve. Have you checked IAT2 temps?
Have not checked them, and no it's a gm stage 2 belt. I'm just lost as to why the first couple days it would run fine and the all the sudden start acting goofy. I'm gonna take the car out today again and see if maybe the hot humid weather had anything to do with it
Old 07-29-2017, 02:32 PM

Just took it out again today. No boost over 12. Then on the last stretch of road I opened it up and 11 pounds and then dropped to 9 and stayed constant at 9. Didn't feel like belt slip it just feels like a possible solenoid or bypass issue. Thoughts?
Old 07-30-2017, 10:52 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm thinking about going stage 2 with mine too and issues like this are making me nervous since it's a daily/mileage eater. Does anyone know if S2 makes it less reliable? Sorry to jack the thread but this kind of stuff is definitely a concern for me too.

Could it it possibly be an error in the canned tune from
ZZP? I've seen a few threads of issues because of their tune not being exactly right for the particular car.
Old 07-31-2017, 06:22 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
HP tuners 4 lyfe