Problems/Service/Maintenance Do you have problems with your new 2.0, 2.2, or 2.4L? What kind of service did you have done?

another sunroof problem

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2008, 07:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
another sunroof problem

sorry for the double post if this was already mentioned in this forum, but a while back one of the tracks in my sunroof busted and it would no longer close all the way on one side. so i fiddled around with the track for a bit and got it to shut. thank god for warranty, dealer fixed it for me no sweat. but when they gave me back my car, the button to open the sunroof, the bezzel around it fell right off. at first i was like no biggie i'll just pop it back on, but it wont go back on. i've taken it back 3 times for that bullshit and every time something goes wrong and the **** falls back out. it's not like i'm mashing the button in as if it owed me money, just hard enough to make the damn button go down lol. but anyways, this last time the bezzel fell off, so did the button, and usually it'll just click back into place but not this time, now the thing is just hanging there and my sunroof has been outta commision for roughly a month now. it's pissing me off but the dealer doesn't seem to give a damn...anyone know a more permanent way to fix this BS before i start losing my mind? lol thanks a bunch ppls.
Old 08-04-2008, 01:59 AM

when i bought my cobalt on the test drive that happened. The salesman was like ahhhh..... I was like wtf? and then when we brought it back the manager said it is really common on the cobalts. He said the foam was too think, making it easy to pop out all the time. I would just take it back and make them glue that **** on lol
Old 08-04-2008, 08:38 AM

if you search in the how to section theres away to fix this problem mine hasnt fallen out since
Old 08-04-2008, 11:25 PM

okay so i just followed the how to on fixing the bezel and indeed it worked, however while doing so i pulled the button down and let it dangle there while i flattened the metal clips and while i was pulling the button down, i heard a popping sound come from my speakers and my cd skipped that was playing, then my boost gauge started wigging out and the backlight to it started flickering on and off. (I have aftermarked Defi boost gauge btw...). i pulled the guage out and unplugged it then plugged back in (while car was off and what not) and when i turned the car back to just allow the cd player to run it did it's normal activation stuff and the needle was resting at 0. then it flickered again after a few mins and dropped down to the bottom 30 and flickered on and off again. so i unplugged the battery and finished what i was doing with the sunroof button stuff then plugged the batt back in. now when i shut off my car the needle in the boost gauge rests around the bottom 20 and doesn't point straight down like it used to. I dunno if maybe i shorted it out or something, or if i screwed up calibration of some sort...someone please help me out here im kinda worried...