Problems/Service/Maintenance Do you have problems with your new 2.0, 2.2, or 2.4L? What kind of service did you have done?

Car wont start! Help plz

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2011, 12:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car wont start! Help plz

Alright, So... My car wnt start. It wont even try to start... theres nuthin there at all. I drove my car to my gmas one day and this was back in like, October i think, and i ran inside to get sumthing n when i came back out my car was barely running with ass loads of white smoke pouring out the exhaust. I got n the car n shut it off... When i tried to restart it it took a bit, but when it started it ran the same n when i tried to give it sum gas it would just cut out or pop as if i had a 2step or sumthing. Then it got to the point where it wudnt even try to start at all. I dropped the oil, looked fine. Made sure i was getting spark and i am. I did notice that my spark plugs were pretty wet and i cleaned them off and put them back n. Still nuthin, pulled plugs out and they were pretty wet again. My car runs on e85 with a 3.0pulley and 80lb injectors with a zzp can tune. I ran this setup for about 2 months n now my car is doing this. Cud my fuel be bad? i havent done a compression check yet but even so, the car shud still try and run, but doesnt. Im wondering if im somehow geting to much fuel or mb the fuel is bad? idk, i got sum other things im guna try n well c wat happens, but If ne1 cud give me some helpful information that wud b greatly appreciated!
Old 02-20-2011, 12:26 PM
Banned

Head gasket perhaps? Smell like coolant?
Old 02-20-2011, 12:27 PM
USA Y U NO HAVE AUTOBAHN?

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Throwing any codes?
Old 02-20-2011, 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by Gregory923
Head gasket perhaps? Smell like coolant?
Ive been thinkin that, but i dropped my oil and its not milky or nuthin... Ill find out after i do a compression check. The car shud still try and run thou
Originally Posted by tylerjclance
Throwing any codes?
I need to check that yet
Old 02-20-2011, 01:07 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Definitely sound like coolant leaking into the cyl.
How the level in the reseviour is it going down.

Some times with that type of gasket leak you can see the coolant bubbling or actually coming out the overflow from the added pressure from the cyl leaking in as well.
Old 02-20-2011, 01:16 PM

sounds like uve got a coolant leak somewhere. good luck man
Old 02-20-2011, 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by Coblasts
Definitely sound like coolant leaking into the cyl.
How the level in the reseviour is it going down.

Some times with that type of gasket leak you can see the coolant bubbling or actually coming out the overflow from the added pressure from the cyl leaking in as well.
The reservoir hasnt really gone down ne, but its still a possiblilty
Old 02-20-2011, 01:42 PM

White Smoke=Coolant leak...Depending on how bad it is, you may also have a blown head gasket..Does the smoke smell sweet?
Old 02-20-2011, 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by Glowbalt
White Smoke=Coolant leak...Depending on how bad it is, you may also have a blown head gasket..Does the smoke smell sweet?
Didnt seem to smell sweet, No, not really
Old 02-20-2011, 07:41 PM

bump
Old 03-01-2011, 06:44 PM

Update - checked compression levels and 3 cyl were at 180psi and one was 200psi. They all held pressure so im thinkn mb my fuel pressure is off bc my fuel pump went bad? or mb sumhow im getting to much fuel? My spark plugs are wet when i check them so cud i just not b getin enough fuel? Cud my gas b bad? (e85) Hmmm.... i just. dnt. know....
Old 03-01-2011, 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by tylerjclance
Throwing any codes?
I plugged n a OBII n clicked link n nuthin came up.... how long do u leave it plugged in? will it tell u when its done checking? cuz i waited for like 15 min n nuthin came up, it wud just beep n say read every minute or so, so idk... mb i do have some codes if im supposed to leave it plugged in till its tells me its done..... Lol, i think i just sounded really stupid....
Old 03-01-2011, 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by lightning Balt
I plugged n a OBII n clicked link n nuthin came up.... how long do u leave it plugged in? will it tell u when its done checking? cuz i waited for like 15 min n nuthin came up, it wud just beep n say read every minute or so, so idk... mb i do have some codes if im supposed to leave it plugged in till its tells me its done..... Lol, i think i just sounded really stupid....
You did have the ignition on didnt you?
Old 03-05-2011, 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by Coblasts
You did have the ignition on didnt you?
Ya i did
Old 03-06-2011, 02:11 AM
Premium Member

Doesn't the cold weather make it tough to run Corn? I've heard of people having trouble starting their car's when it gets below a certain temp..... just tossing it out there. Are you on the stock heat range plugs?
Old 03-06-2011, 03:21 AM

corn runs fine in the winter. just takes some time to warm up
Old 03-06-2011, 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by rukkee
Doesn't the cold weather make it tough to run Corn? I've heard of people having trouble starting their car's when it gets below a certain temp..... just tossing it out there. Are you on the stock heat range plugs?
Ya it does, but the car has nuthin wat so ever... it wud still run with it bein so cold out, just take it awhile to get goin. Im runnin 2 step cooler plugs also by the way. I think i got it figured out thou... I cant hear the fuel pump workn at all n i changed out the relays too n still nuthin. That wud explain the white smoke i had cuz the car went lean... im pretty sure its the fuel pump. Those 80lb injectors pry burned her up
Old 03-06-2011, 10:45 PM
Premium Member

Originally Posted by lightning Balt
Ya it does, but the car has nuthin wat so ever... it wud still run with it bein so cold out, just take it awhile to get goin. Im runnin 2 step cooler plugs also by the way. I think i got it figured out thou... I cant hear the fuel pump workn at all n i changed out the relays too n still nuthin. That wud explain the white smoke i had cuz the car went lean... im pretty sure its the fuel pump. Those 80lb injectors pry burned her up
If you don't hear the pump come on after turning the key on .... thats a problem. I know they can hold pressure and not come on every time .....but you should definetly hear it after the car has been sitting for awhile .

I remember when i installed my stage kit on my ss/sc I removed the pump fuse and when i reinstalled it .....I was off by one and couldn't figure out why the pump wouldn't run . To look at the fuse , it looked like it was in the right spot and that nothing was wrong with it ..... it took awhile of looking at it to figure out it was off my one notch .

After all that .... have you had the pump fuse out for any reason?
Old 03-08-2011, 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by rukkee
If you don't hear the pump come on after turning the key on .... thats a problem. I know they can hold pressure and not come on every time .....but you should definetly hear it after the car has been sitting for awhile .

I remember when i installed my stage kit on my ss/sc I removed the pump fuse and when i reinstalled it .....I was off by one and couldn't figure out why the pump wouldn't run . To look at the fuse , it looked like it was in the right spot and that nothing was wrong with it ..... it took awhile of looking at it to figure out it was off my one notch .

After all that .... have you had the pump fuse out for any reason?
other than looking at it to see if it was ne good just recently, No... Lol, I checked the relay as well n its still good also.
Old 03-08-2011, 09:09 PM
Banned

You ran a canned tuned for 2 months? That probably wasn't the greatest for the car. Canned tunes are just a way to get you up and running so you can get a better tune. Doubt it's what caused your problems, but who knows.