Problems/Service/Maintenance Do you have problems with your new 2.0, 2.2, or 2.4L? What kind of service did you have done?

Clutch randomly went out 100% with no warning

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2011, 09:41 PM

Received 71 Likes on 55 Posts
Hmm...
Old 12-19-2011, 09:42 PM
Fail Less.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I havent seen any "sludged up" honda engines. Most Hondas I see go well over 100k miles even with questionable maintenance. Yes, Honda automatics are fail.
Old 12-19-2011, 09:45 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Bika
Fanboy much?

Many people feel the same and have had the same experiences as the OP, and therefore have switched to other car manufacturers. It's not just a couple people feeling slighted by GM, so the logical conclusion is that there is something wrong with GM, NOT the consumers.
...And have been treated the exact same way, if not worse.

Mitsubishi voids the warranties of Evolution owners by copying down VIN numbers of cars that are spotted at the track, even if they are not racing.

You have NO CLUE.

GM just doesn't get it. They got too big for their own good. Their philosophy of producing poor quality vehicles, innundating dealership lots, and expecting people to buy them because they're available, failed miserably. Re-badging vehicle platforms under multiple brand names
Like...what?? Thats your own biased opinion, and I can tell you first you are full of **** and have no idea what you are even talking about.

GMC trucks are still Chevy trucks with fancier trim.
NO KIDDING. Everyone knows that, and thats the way its always been. Whats wrong with the GMC models having their own styling and trim options?? Nothing, you just don't understand the purpose of upselling to a higher model lineup so you think its stupid.

GM looked like it was turning itself around recovering from bankruptcy, but beneath the glossy veneer of the "New GM" it's more of the same, just a couple less product lines (which were just rebadging anyways)
Since about 1995, GM quality has been going steadily downhill. I've seen it in every vehicle I've owned or driven in.
Actually EVERY single piece of research, information, and statistic PROVES you are WRONG in every way. GM quality has been steadily rising over the past 15 years, as with Ford and Chrysler. You haven't seen everything, you are a typical know-nothing nobody who thinks they understand vehicle design, engineering, and reliability because the drive one to work. You are lost.

Hyundai...they get it. They are producing quality cars that people want, with warranties that inspire confidence from the buyers.
Ford is another company that has started to "get it."
Honda and Toyota have been doing it right for years.
This proves you are just plain ignorant and 100% clueless. Hyundai has been building GARBAGE for the last 20 years, and cheap ass people have been buying them because they are CHEAP. Hyundai/Kia quality has not improved by much at all, but the styling has, which is why they sell so many. They are cheaply built cars that fall apart and break, I see them EVERY DAY. You read billboards and believe bullshit advertising, you know nothing.

Another example....a friend of mine has a 2005 STI...so far its gone through 2 power steering pumps, a radiator (tank cracked), a catalytic converter, a full exhaust (rotted and now leaks), a turbocharger (IHI junk, seals are leaking oil), a timing belt and water pump ($1,000), rear strut mounts, valve cover gaskets, and an oil pan gasket (cheap cork gasket). It goes through oil like theres no tomorrow, but luckily it hasn't cracked ringlands like the 06-07 STIs do. Is that the import quality you're talking about??

My mother's '07 Odyssey with 66K has needed both power window motors, both power door motors, its got a bad wheel bearing, 2 outer tie rod ends, its got a defective torque converter that Honda refused to replace under warranty, the power steering pump failed, the flex pipe cracked on the exhaust, the front struts clunk like hell, and just today the driver's side power window motor failed AGAIN. Is THAT the kind of quality you're talking about??

Toyota and Honda quality has steadily declined over the past 20 years as well. I suppose you don't know anything about Honda's transmissions failures that they've paid so much to cover up. Every single automatic Odyssey, Acura TL, CL, Accord, ect all end up blowing their transmissions because they are JUNK. They are a defective design that Honda refuses to fix, and the problem still exists. I just had a 2004 Toyota Matrix in today, its on its 3rd transmission, 2nd complete exhaust, and it blows through 2 quarts of oil every 1,000 miles. When it came in today it had NOTHING on the dipstick. Driven by a 40 year old woman who takes care of if. Is that the QUALTY you are talking about?? You can take your uneducated bullshit and shove it, you are the reason that this country is screwed, you will sit there and spew bullshit about things you have no clue about just to try and voice your opinion. Its pathetic.

Last edited by 08SSTCRD; 12-19-2011 at 09:57 PM.
Old 12-19-2011, 09:46 PM

Received 71 Likes on 55 Posts
You sure you didn't miss a gear when this happened? That'd explain the fucked up linkage and exploded clutch. They probably saw the broken linkage and were like this guy probably romps on this car, lol.
Old 12-19-2011, 09:48 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by emiller
What about years of sludged up engines? What about Honda automatic transmissions or ac problems? It might not have been engineers fault. It's still a known problem that was ignored.
Its a waste, his head is waaaay to far up his rear to save him now.

Let him go buy his Honda, Toyota, Nissan, Hyundai, whatever junk he wants, and when it blows the trans, cooks the cat converter, and needs $2,000 worth of A/C work he can go bitch on their forums
Old 12-19-2011, 09:49 PM

I havent seen any "sludged up" honda engines. Most Hondas I see go well over 100k miles even with questionable maintenance. Yes, Honda automatics are fail.
Look at Toyota. The engine sludge is theirs.
Old 12-19-2011, 09:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by chris88z24
You sure you didn't miss a gear when this happened? That'd explain the fucked up linkage and exploded clutch. They probably saw the broken linkage and were like this guy probably romps on this car, lol.
Nope didn't miss any gears. I honestly don't step on my car much mainly cause I don't want it to break. I have a older truck I take out and beat on if I want to raise hell. The dealership had no idea about the linkage or the master cylinder mainly cause they didn't even look into it, I only got charged an hr for their diagnostics and determining of the problem and I know they didn't even look at it for that long. I tried to tell them my pedal would stay to the floor after that happened and they were like well its not now. I was not exaggerating when I said I was cruising 40mph down the road at a steady speed when it blew out. Trust me if it was something I did I don't mind paying for it.. but don't just straight up tell me its abuse before you ever even look into it.
Old 12-19-2011, 10:02 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by emiller
Look at Toyota. The engine sludge is theirs.
Gotta love the people who have never seen the inside of an engine, but claim to know everything about reliability and design issues.

Just had a 2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 in last week, blown head gasket. They ended up junking it. Had another Altima in a few days ago with a failed catalytic convter (precat/manifold) that cost $500 just for parts to replace.

Wait...its a Nissan...and its Japanese...those CAN'T fail!!
Old 12-19-2011, 10:09 PM
Fail Less.

I've seen more melted converters on newer Nissan 4cyl than anything, due to their placement and tuning. I will never buy a nissan. My buddy's 08 Sentra Spec V was a total POS.

I only speak from my own experiences. No, I haven't seen the repair history of every vehicle produced. But I have the knowledge of my own vehicles and their problems, as well as people I know and the cars I work on.

I've was a GM fanboi for the first 25 years of my life. the past 5 years I have realized that GM's **** stinks just as bad if not worse than everyone elses.

Opinions are like ********. Everybody has one. I'm not offended by others who disagree. Certainly isnt the first or last time I will have been told my head is up my ass.
Old 12-19-2011, 10:13 PM
Banned

I've seen more melted converters on newer Nissan 4cyl than anything, due to their placement and tuning. I will never buy a nissan. My buddy's 08 Sentra Spec V was a total POS.

I only speak from my own experiences. No, I haven't seen the repair history of every vehicle produced. But I have the knowledge of my own vehicles and their problems, as well as people I know and the cars I work on.

I've was a GM fanboi for the first 25 years of my life. the past 5 years I have realized that GM's **** stinks just as bad if not worse than everyone elses.

Opinions are like ********. Everybody has one. I'm not offended by others who disagree. Certainly isnt the first or last time I will have been told my head is up my ass.
Maybe if you had a clue what you were talking about, somebody might give half a **** about what you have to say.

Cars you work on?? Bullshit. If you worked on cars, you'd at least have some idea that the grass sure as hell ain't greener on the other side.

As for Nissan cat failure, it has NOTHING to do with placement OR tuning. It has everything to do with Nissan and every other asian manufacturer using junk quality catalytic converters from cheap ass suppliers that fail. In Nissans case the cat breaks up and gets sucked into the engine, ruining the piston rings. With every other Asian car, the cat(s) just fail and cost a hell of a lot to replace.

I'm not a "Fanboi" of anything, I just see what cars fail and which ones don't, and how much each costs to buy parts for and fix. Which is why I own 2 GM cars and a Ford, and no Jap/Korean garbage or Euro cars.

Last edited by 08SSTCRD; 12-19-2011 at 10:20 PM.
Old 12-19-2011, 10:18 PM

I'll just sum it up.. No company wants to honor their warranty work cause its all about getting more profits.. Thats what is wrong with this whole ****ing world today and why our economy is ****ing crashing.. Simply put now quit your B*tching about who is better.
Old 12-19-2011, 10:23 PM
Fail Less.

If other "asian" car manufacturers have converter troubles, I sure haven't heard about it or seen any.

I never work on cars? Ok sure No, I don't work on them for a living...
Old 12-19-2011, 10:24 PM
Fail Less.

I should ban both of us for major threadjacking...
Old 12-19-2011, 10:28 PM

haha... its cool.. I got a kick out of it lol
Old 12-19-2011, 10:45 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
There is no "good" car manufacturer.
Old 12-21-2011, 09:06 PM

A couple pictures of the clutch that blew out. What you guys think?

Pressure Plate Side:

Flywheel side:
Old 12-21-2011, 09:12 PM

yeh thats def. from abuse just kidding.
Old 12-21-2011, 09:13 PM

I told ya it exploded man... I didn't slip.. it just blew lol
Old 12-21-2011, 09:14 PM

just take it to the dealership drop it on the service counter a b like "bitch this look like abuse to u"
Old 12-21-2011, 09:16 PM
Fail Less.

Pos...
Old 12-21-2011, 10:00 PM

Explains why I didnt put another factory clutch back in it
Old 12-21-2011, 11:49 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Abuse abuse abuse!!!! Lol!!!
Old 12-22-2011, 12:46 AM

Originally Posted by FasterIsBetter
Abuse abuse abuse!!!! Lol!!!
Ha!

Oh did I mention the new slave cylinder/ throw out bearing started leaking before they pulled it out of the garage.. FML.....
Old 12-22-2011, 12:54 AM

Originally Posted by LilHaile
Ha!

Oh did I mention the new slave cylinder/ throw out bearing started leaking before they pulled it out of the garage.. FML.....
That's some bs man! I'd call up zzp and have them ship you out another. I'm sure they would as you had a mechanic install it.
Old 12-22-2011, 07:33 PM

My immediate family has owned only GM cars for the past 20 years out of support/loyalty. We have been fortunate not to encounter dealerships that treat us like **** such as the OP's situation. Such dealerships can be found selling any brand of vehicle though.

/rant
The whole point of my post...

I could care less what your opinion is of GM. Regardless of manufacturer, people will have problems if they don't know how to work with dealers. Cry all you want, it's the truth.

Quick Reply: Clutch randomly went out 100% with no warning