Problems/Service/Maintenance Do you have problems with your new 2.0, 2.2, or 2.4L? What kind of service did you have done?

Clutch Slipping at high RPMs after oil change

Old 10-19-2017, 06:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So, update. I brought it to a local shop and they replaced it with an OEM clutch. They charged $757 that's including parts. The clutch kit was I think around $230. Their receipt doesn't give a part number or price of the clutch, kind of odd. I had a look at the old clutch, it was in bad shape. It wasn't the original, at least that's what the mechanic told me. I think it was a ZZP because the rest of the car is decked out in ZZP mods, I figure the previous owner went with a ZZP clutch also.
He told me he couldn't get all the air out and to pump the clutch pedal a bunch of times, and driving it will get rid of the air. He also said if it's still spongy after the weekend let him know.
So a couple things I noticed when driving. The release point from the clutch pedal to clutch engagement is so low that it's frustrating. I'm talking a centimeter from the floor the car is jumping. Anyway to adjust that ?
Also when I hit my brakes while turning my steering wheel shakes, almost like I have warped rotors. I'm pretty sure they had to take the wheel assembly out to get to the clutch. What would cause this?
Also, what's a good practice to break in a new clutch? I just drove it normally but I think it feels a little weaker than the clutch I had in prior.

Search this Thread