Problems/Service/Maintenance Do you have problems with your new 2.0, 2.2, or 2.4L? What kind of service did you have done?

Dealer Voided my Warranty

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2007, 01:59 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dealer Voided my Warranty

so i just got off the phone with my dealer ,and he wants to void my warranty , because i have a 3.0 pulley 42 lb injectors and the gm stage 2 tune , header dp ,and exhaust , o and a wideband , i took it in for the Throttle Body Sensor , and now there telling me i have too much **** on my car and there gonna void the warranty , if they try and void my warranty im straight up calling GM headquarters and getting this **** fixed
Old 05-17-2007, 02:02 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
is it GM stage 2, or a bastard kit?
Old 05-17-2007, 02:03 PM
Banned

it was gm stage 2 but now im running a zzperformance 3.0 with the stage 2 tune , there not getting away with this , a ****** stage 2 pulley has the same dimensions as the 3.0 , and im running the stage 2 tune from GM which is really the most important part
Old 05-17-2007, 02:08 PM

Calm down and give more info. Why did you bring it in?
Old 05-17-2007, 02:09 PM

what warranty are they voiding? powertrain? everything?

If your not running a GM installed, GM parts stage 2, they may be able to deny your claim on some things, not surprising.....but not a brush stroke "void" of your warranty.
Old 05-17-2007, 02:34 PM
Banned

ok after further discussing this with the dick head in the service department , i have now given them proof of install on the stage 2 kit , now there big question is what are all the wires for in the passenger seat ( wideband ) , so im gonna have to go to the dealership and argue with these people and prove that a wideband cannot cause a throttle body sensor to malfunction

and if i can slide by on the wideband , then there gonna ask who did my header back exhaust , this is ridiculous

Last edited by Red2.4SS/SC; 05-17-2007 at 02:34 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 05-17-2007, 02:35 PM

Again, calm down and explain why the car is in the shop to start.
Old 05-17-2007, 02:37 PM
Banned

Cobalt Is A Pos Lol
ok well saturday night i went to get food and my car went into limp mode , i reset the battery and thought nothing of it , then i went to school on monday and coming out the car wouldnt start , it had gone into limp mode once again , then yesterday i had reset the battery i went to school to take a test and as i was going home i had to pick up my dog , hit a speed bump and BOOM engine power recuced it goes into limp mode AGAIN, so i let it sit at my brothers apartment for the night and today i went to pick it up battery had been disconnected ALL NIGHT , get in it starts , i make it home and then i realized i needed to get something from the convienient store so i run up to my apt leaving the car idling ..... well a min later im walking out my apt door , and i hear this glug glug glug and i go down and sure enough the car had gone into limp mode AGAIN this time while idling , so today i ordered a 3.0 pulley from zzperformance , and im gonna go back to stage 2 and take it into the dealer , im sure its my throttle body sensor , i havent scanned it yet but i am later with hp tuners , just thought i would rant it out on here , incase anyone else has this problem which ive noticed its become quite common recently , hopefully my dealer fixes it , im gonna take him my stage 2 install receipt, tons of threads from this forum about people going into limp mode , and ill give them the CEL code once i get it scanned wish me luck
Old 05-17-2007, 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by rlinbatonrouge
Yeah..really. You need to calm down and at least explain things before flying off the handle like that.
Old 05-17-2007, 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by Red2.4SS/SC
i took it in for the Throttle Body Sensor
thats the second time youve asked that.....
but he said it in his first post...

good luck red. sounds like they are very anti aftermarket at that dealership.
hope you can get out of there soon and find a new one to work with.
Old 05-17-2007, 02:39 PM

People read what he said in the first thing that is why he is in the shop read people read throttle body sensore thats why

I beleive he has already said it's in for the Throttle Body Position Sensor.
Banned

Originally Posted by an0malous
thats the second time youve asked that.....
but he said it in his first post...

good luck red. sounds like they are very anti aftermarket at that dealership.
hope you can get out of there soon and find a new one to work with.
yeah thats kinda how i feel , im gonna try and get them to work on the car , i feel as if i can comvince them that i am right lol lol well see
Old 05-17-2007, 02:44 PM

Ok. Let me clarify something for people. You cannot bring your car into the dealership and say "I think X is wrong and I want Y checked out." The game doesn't work that way. You would have to say something like "My car keeps going into reduced performance mode. Can you see why." Is that clear to y'all now?

Secondly, bringing threads of others who have hit limp will do nothing for you. You could be totally wrong as far as your diagnosis of the problem on a throttle body sensor. You mentioned returning to stage two, what WERE you running? You also mentioned HPT, did you return the tune to the stock Stage 2 tune?

There are many problems that you could be having. Hell, it could be a cracked intake manifold or bad MAF, etc..

Seems like this happens after the car has been running for a little while, right? Not on first crank? When it does start initially, does it fire right up or does it have an extended crank?
Old 05-17-2007, 02:48 PM

Maybe he got a code, and read the code himself, and knew it was the throttle body sensor.

Dont treat people like idiots please.
dont assume that every customer on the planet has no clue about cars, and therefore should only know Symptoms, not causes.
were not all dumb blonde soccermoms who only know where the gas nozzle goes.

Ive been to my dealership plenty of times with slight issues, and after doing some research, i give them a suggestion on what others have found,

they have been more than happy to hear my suggestions, and more often than not, found the problem much sooner because of it.
Old 05-17-2007, 02:49 PM

Maybe he got a code, and read the code himself, and knew it was the throttle body sensor.

and dont assume that every customer on the planet has no clue about cars, and therefore should only know Symptoms, not causes.

Ive been to my dealership plenty of times with slight issues, and after doing some research, i give them a suggestion on what others have found,

they have been more than happy to hear my suggestions, and more often than not, found the problem much sooner because of it.
He never said any of what you said. None. You assume things as well.
Old 05-17-2007, 02:51 PM

at least my assumption leads down the road that gives him a shred of intelligence
instead of belittling him into some braindead idiot.
Old 05-17-2007, 02:51 PM

Thats why I'm not putting anything aftermarket on my car till it's out of warranty. I work at a dealership and would still have the same problems. The reason why they are so **** is because if they have to many warranty claims and they check out that some things shouldn't have been covered they can shut the whole dealership down and take the franchise away from the owner. Which almost happened awhile back where I work because the sservice manager was reporting claims on vehicles either out of warranty or engines with aftermarket parts.
Old 05-17-2007, 02:54 PM

at least my assumption leads down the road that gives him a shred of intelligence
instead of belittling him into some braindead idiot.
I belittled no one. I'm trying to help. It's the people who say "He brought it in for the throttle body sensor" who are wrong. Reread my first post. WHY DID YOU BRING IT IN? You know what, forget it. Good luck you are on your own. You people make me want to slit my wrists.

I shouldn't generalize, not everyone here is a moron. Some give good information.
Old 05-17-2007, 02:56 PM

Make sure you do it up and down not side ways
Old 05-17-2007, 02:57 PM

you belittled him by suggesting that no customer should diagnose their own issue.
they should only be smart enough to read what the dashboard tells them, and have the brilliant techs at the dealership diagnose the problem for you.

make sure to slit them lengthwise mr emo.
Old 05-17-2007, 03:05 PM

The one thing thing dealerships SHOULD understand is that people mod there car. They also need to know and understand that there is a legal ACT that says that modding a car is ok and will not void the warranty if it isnt the cause. I understand dealerships MAKE money on non-warranty repairs BUT they also need to know that people buy cars for the warranty as well. To many service managers do not understand the law so we run into problems like this. Now to people who heavily mod their car and want warranty work you are running a very high risk for not getting it done cause some of these mods are extreme. Just my .02 cents so please no flaming.
Old 05-17-2007, 03:05 PM

dont assume that every customer on the planet has no clue about cars, and therefore should only know Symptoms, not causes.
were not all dumb blonde soccermoms who only know where the gas nozzle goes.

I believe he already said he hasn't had the code read. Thinking the problem is with something doesnt mean that it is that. Thats why you need to give details because what one person thinks is the problem someone else might not agree.
Old 05-17-2007, 03:14 PM

Thats fine. I agree with you.

but I dont appreciate people who work at dealerships assuming every customer that walks in the door is a clusterfuck who barely knows how to keep the fuel tank topped up.

If im having a problem with my car, I will research the problem first....
and often either come up with a solution myself, and save the dealership a wasted visit, or at least walk into the dealership with some detailed information on possible causes.
Most dealerships would probably much rather people do that, instead of explaining to someone how a reverse lockout shifter works....or any other amount of stupid things that just waste a dealerships time, when 5 minutes of research could have the issue solved.
Old 05-17-2007, 03:23 PM

I have a code scanner. When I have a problem with one of my vehicles, I check the codes, take note of them, and then take my car to the dealership. I never tell them what I have found out, I just play dumb. That way I know what is most likely wrong, make sure my dealer is not screwing me over. But.... I always leave it to the "experts" to diagnose. The dealer that I deal with has very well "sharp" service people, and I trust them with my cars. BTW.... I am ASE certified myself. (my car is under warranty, so let them fix it!)

Quick Reply: Dealer Voided my Warranty