Problems/Service/Maintenance Do you have problems with your new 2.0, 2.2, or 2.4L? What kind of service did you have done?

Dear Journal, It's happening again.. What Do I do?

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2006, 06:56 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dear Journal, It's happening again.. What Do I do?

I cannot seem to keep this car in one piece... perhaps it's the people who are servicing the vehicle or maybe it's the lack of real refinement on this vehicle we call a GM. Not only will this be the 5th time bringing this car in for an air conditioning related issue (2 twice in a month span) but it will add another page to bring my 11 page service history to a 12 page service history I have racked up since purchasing this vehicle. This happened just today btw.

Maybe it's too much to ask for a car that will run and stay in one piece. After all I did pay close to 22k for this car and have yet to be able to enjoy it for one full week without something happening to it. Maybe this car needs to be crusified or have it burn in hell for all the sins that it has created, after all it was built by the same makers that brought us the lovely cavailer, although tacky it was a refined platform that only gave us trouble only when 110k miles hit and the water pump needed to be replaced on the twin cam. Understable, but not understandable for a car that's not even one and a half years old.

See attached photos I have placed in my Journal, you will find that puddles are fun and while it's rotting the floor boards it's creating unique stains which will add years of pleasure to this great car.

I may have said it once already but this car was just in for the same issue only 2 weeks ago on the dot for a leaky seal (Replaced HVAC Seal) and $100 dedutcible on extended warranty later I am glad to see my money is going to fix these issues ::sarcasm::. I refuse to pay another dollar or even a shiney penny on this car. No sir, when I am done on Monday they (the dealership & GM) will be eating of the floor that I walk on because this is ludacris.

Laying down a shower towel is a great fix for those who like soaking up A/C stains on your floor btw.

Lemon papers WILL be filed tomorrow.

I will not pay any more on this car for as long as I live. If they fail to take it back they will be sued to the maximum extend of the law. I promise you this.

5th time A/C
3rd time Supercharger bracket (still haven't fixed)
3rd time Sunroof Bezel
4th time Manual Shifter
3rd time Front Rotors Warping

Think I have enough? I have other small nit pick **** but those are the primary reasons I keep going back. The nit pick issues far out weigh all the stuff listed above but all of the things I've listed in the past HAVE broken.

I regress, I hope GM can find it in there heart to take this car apart and find out what went wrong.

Things breaking FTW!

Last edited by 3fo893013L; 08-06-2006 at 07:15 PM.
Old 08-06-2006, 07:03 PM

I can fix this problem for you if I still lived in michigan (lansing). I have repaired 30+ cobalts with water leaking onto floor. There is a TSB for the problem but have had several returns for the same complaint. I have my own repair that will fix it for sure.

The lower hvac case needs to be resealed on the right side where the upper and lower
case halfs come together.

Not a big deal and sorry your having prabs with your balt.

I have 12,000 miles on mine and no prabs what so ever!!
Old 08-06-2006, 07:06 PM
Banned

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by chevytech329
I can fix this problem for you if I still lived in michigan (lansing). I have repaired 30+ cobalts with water leaking onto floor. There is a TSB for the problem but have had several returns for the same complaint. I have my own repair that will fix it for sure.

The lower hvac case needs to be resealed on the right side where the upper and lower
case halfs come together.

Not a big deal and sorry your having prabs with your balt.

I have 12,000 miles on mine and no prabs what so ever!!
Did I mention they replaced all the seals? Not a big deal, unlikely you can correct this, this car is possed by satan himself. Things that were thought to be fixed either rear there ugly head 2 weeks to 2 months later. That's how long it takes literally.
Old 08-06-2006, 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by sneaky
I cannot seem to keep this car in one piece... perhaps it's the people who are servicing the vehicle or maybe it's the lack of real refinement on this vehicle we call a GM. Not only will this be the 5th time bringing this car in for an air conditioning related issue (2 twice in a month span) but it will add another page to bring my 11 page service history to a 12 page service history I have racked up since purchasing this vehicle. This happened just today btw.

Maybe it's too much to ask for a car that will run and stay in one piece. After all I did pay close to 22k for this car and have yet to be able to enjoy it for one full week without something happening to it. Maybe this car needs to be crusified or have it burn in hell for all the sins that it has created, after all it was built by the same makers that brought us the lovely cavailer, although tacky it was a refined platform that only gave us trouble only when 110k miles hit and the water pump needed to be replaced on the twin cam. Understable, but not understandable for a car that's not even one and a half years old.

See attached photos I have placed in my Journal, you will find that puddles are fun and while it's rotting the floor boards it's creating unique stains which will add years of pleasure to this great car.

I may have said it once already but this car was just in for the same issue only 2 weeks ago on the dot for a leaky seal (Replaced HVAC Seal) and $100 dedutcible on extended warranty later I am glad to see my money is going to fix these issues ::sarcasm::. I refuse to pay another dollar or even a shiney penny on this car. No sir, when I am done on Monday they (the dealership & GM) will be eating of the floor that I walk on because this is ludacris.

Laying down a shower towel is a great fix for those who like soaking up A/C stains on your floor btw.

Lemon papers WILL be filed tomorrow.

I will not pay any more on this car for as long as I live. If they fail to take it back they will be sued to the maximum extend of the law. I promise you this.

5th time A/C
3rd time Supercharger bracket (still haven't fixed)
3rd time Sunroom Bezel
4th time Manual Shifter
3rd time Front Rotors Warping

Think I have enough? I have other small nit pick **** but those are the primary reasons I keep going back. The nit pick issues far out weigh all the stuff listed above but all of the things I've listed in the past HAVE broken.

I regress, I hope GM can find it in there heart to take this car apart and find out what went wrong.

Things breaking FTW!

wtf is a sunroom bezel but seriously i hope u get everything taken care of
Old 08-06-2006, 07:08 PM
Banned

Did I mention they replaced all the seals? Not a big deal, unlikely you can correct this, this car is possed by satan himself. Things that were thought to be fixed either rear there ugly head 2 weeks to 2 months later. That's how long it takes literally.
Check your VIN.... How many 6's are in it???
Old 08-06-2006, 07:09 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by carbombss
wtf is a sunroom bezel but seriously i hope u get everything taken care of
bezel = the plastic ring that goes around the switch to keep the sunroof switch secure.
Old 08-06-2006, 07:14 PM

bezel = the plastic ring that goes around the switch to keep the sunroof switch secure.

lol i kno that but u still diddnt tell me what a sunroom bezel is
Old 08-06-2006, 07:14 PM

Sorry to hear that you are having so much trouble. It seems the first few months the car was produced there were serious design flaws that got fixed shortly after. That sucks that you happen to get one of the first few.
Old 08-06-2006, 07:15 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Sizzle
Check your VIN.... How many 6's are in it???
Believe it or not it has (3) 6's in it.
Old 08-06-2006, 07:16 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by carbombss
lol i kno that but u still diddnt tell me what a sunroom bezel is
haha. for you I corrected the spelling. Sunroof!

Spelling FTW!
Old 08-06-2006, 07:18 PM

haha. for you I corrected the spelling. Sunroof!

Spelling FTW!

awwww thanx u r soooo sweet
Old 08-06-2006, 07:19 PM
Banned

Believe it or not it has (3) 6's in it.
Everything is now explained. You need to call Leslie Neilson and James Woods to do an exorcism on your car, stat!
Old 08-06-2006, 07:20 PM
Banned

Im telling you just burn that bitch down. Or let it take a long drive of a short cliff. You pay insurance for a reason.
Old 08-06-2006, 10:57 PM

do you really have 3 6's in your VIN, thats too funny

i hope things go well for you
Old 08-06-2006, 11:40 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by tiny
do you really have 3 6's in your VIN, thats too funny

i hope things go well for you
I do. Want the complete VIN? they are not all close together though
Old 08-07-2006, 12:14 AM

I do. Want the complete VIN? they are not all close together though
haha, thats what i figured, if the 6's were all together, that would be worst luck
Old 08-07-2006, 03:14 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i have (3) 7's in my vin.....the exact opposite as that is concerned...and ive had no probs.....i think i might have a factory freak too.....it is quick for what it is
Old 08-07-2006, 12:22 PM
Banned

My letter I wrote that I will be giving the dealership & GM shortly. I dare anyone to pull up my VIN # and see all the history with this car, you will find that it should have enough to claim lemon for sure.

August 7, 2006

To: GM Customer Service Division
CC: Buff Whelan Chevrolet

Re VIN#: 1G1AP12P657566591

To Whom It May Concern:

I have a 2005 Chevrolet Cobalt SS which I have purchased back in March 31st of 2005. I’ve owned this car for 17 months as of August 31st. This vehicle has been nothing but riddled with issues from the moment I purchased it. I cannot express my feelings with this GM vehicle as I am beyond the disappointment stage; this car has a 12 page service history that started before it even left the dealership parking lot.
This car has been at the dealership for a cumulative amount of one calendar month already due to service related issues whether it’s been with the air conditioning unit, the sunroof or the sticking door handles, many issues that are repetitive have been for 3rd, 4th and 5th times now. Other issues besides those listed have come about and have added to my service history. I cannot express how much investment I put into this car in terms of time, money and mental anguish only to have repetitive issues keep reoccurring.
I’ve been a loyal GM customer for many years keeping in the family tradition of purchasing new or used GM vehicles.
This may be the last GM vehicle I purchase due to the repetitive issues I’ve had to deal with, be told that everything is corrected to GM spec only to find out that the problems reoccur again. I purchased this car with my hard earned money and trusted that it would be in working order thru the life of the car & warranty. To be faithful in the midst of all the problems I’ve had with this car I purchased another 2005 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan as a daily driver because of all the issues I was having with this car. I figured since it was a first year sports car it would be prone to things breaking as I expect with any new car but the problems with this car are getting way out of hand.
I am not asking much by asking that this car be bought back from me so I can move on to another car. My patience is running thin, I’ve been very patient thru these trying times with my car; I cannot keep spending hundreds of dollars past my standard warranty (I am now into my extended warranty to 75,000 miles) to keep this car in one piece. It only has 44,000 miles. I would expect at least in terms of retribution another Chevrolet Cobalt SS with similar options and features as the one I have.
If no further action is taken to get a resolution to my issues I will have no choice but to file lemon law on this vehicle. I will also press forward with legal actions to the fullest extend of the law to have this problem corrected. I wish not to take it this far and hope that someone can find it in them to take this car back and get me seated into another GM vehicle that is problem free. If you have any questions please feel free to contact me at 1-248-470-8266, this is the only number to reach me at.

Sincerely,

Mike Exelby
Old 08-08-2006, 02:09 PM

Sounds good to me!!! Go get 'em!!!!
Old 08-08-2006, 02:15 PM

Time to stick it to the man, Chuck Norris style.
Old 08-08-2006, 02:46 PM

There must be a ton of Cobalts out there with no problems whatsoever for them to keep the <1 problem per vehicle. You are on firm legal ground for filing for lemon reimbursment. I'm pretty sure it is 3 times for the same problem and it remains unresolved it is considered a lemon. Be sure to keep us up to date.

BTW, if you haven't sent the letter yet, you have a few typos.
Old 08-08-2006, 11:16 PM

Sneaky I feel you on these issues. I have had several different issues on my own, but by far my 02 Z24 cavalier had a much better track record of keeping me on the road. Good luck with GM as I am fighting them right now myself over my issues.
Old 08-08-2006, 11:25 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'ltrade you

I wish i had an SS/SC
Old 08-08-2006, 11:32 PM

Good luck. I hope you can get something out of all this hassle.
Old 08-09-2006, 01:23 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by cawpin
There must be a ton of Cobalts out there with no problems whatsoever for them to keep the <1 problem per vehicle. You are on firm legal ground for filing for lemon reimbursment. I'm pretty sure it is 3 times for the same problem and it remains unresolved it is considered a lemon. Be sure to keep us up to date.

BTW, if you haven't sent the letter yet, you have a few typos.
That is for 2006s.

2005s were WELL OVER 1 problem per vehicle.

Quick Reply: Dear Journal, It's happening again.. What Do I do?