Problems/Service/Maintenance Do you have problems with your new 2.0, 2.2, or 2.4L? What kind of service did you have done?

Dear Journal, It's happening again.. What Do I do?

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2006, 08:56 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by HackAbuse
I'ltrade you

I wish i had an SS/SC
I already have a Sedan, no thanks

2k5, In the state of Michigan you have to have the same problem 4 times within a 2 year period. It also states you need to contact GM about the car before your 4th visit. I already have done this and it doesn't seem to help.

I wanted to run an update to everyone,

The dealership resealed the HVAC case AGAIN, they also replaced the bracket that attaches to the supercharger and holds the coolant lines up. If the bracket breaks that's the 4th time for it. The A/C has already broke 5 different times. I have to contact the attorney general real soon to see what kind of case I have. Well that's all for today kids. I haven't drove the car since Monday when I picked it up. Been driving the Sedan, I'm afraid something bad will happen to the car if I do.. that's why I am waiting till the weekend to drive it.
Old 08-09-2006, 08:58 AM
Banned

The Michigan Lemon Law for those who are interested

http://www.michigan.gov/ag/0,1607,7-...7386--,00.html

Printer Friendly Text Version Email Page Text Size
Michigan Lemon Law: How to Avoid Getting Stuck With a Lemon

CONSUMER PROTECTION DIVISION
DEPARTMENT OF THE ATTORNEY GENERAL

In 1999, Michigan’s motor vehicle Lemon Law was amended to provide important new legal protections for Michigan consumers. Now, for the first time, consumers who lease new motor vehicles for personal, family or household use are afforded the same legal remedies as those who purchase new motor vehicles.

For many of us, buying or leasing a vehicle is one of the largest consumer transactions we will ever make. Unfortunately, no matter how careful we are, a few of our shiny, new vehicles will turn out to be lemons. That’s why it is extremely important that we understand how these significant changes to Michigan’s Lemon Law affect our rights as consumers. In this pamphlet, I have outlined answers to some of the most commonly asked Lemon Law questions. The complete text of the law is included in this brochure. I hope you’ll find this information helpful in the event you have a problem with your vehicle.

ATTORNEY GENERAL

QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS ABOUT THE LEMON LAW

What kinds of problems are covered by the new Lemon Law?

The Lemon Law protects a consumer whose new motor vehicle has a "defect or condition that impairs the use or value of the new motor vehicle to the consumer." Significantly, the law now measures the defect or condition from the point of view of the individual consumer, not the manufacturer or dealer. Clearly, an engine, transmission, brake or steering defect may meet this level of impairment. However, a persistent intermittent defect, such as a water leak, noxious odor, or paint problem may also be a defect or condition entitling the consumer to relief under the Lemon Law.

How do I know if I have a "lemon" covered by the Lemon Law?

The consumer may invoke the Lemon Law if:

The new motor vehicle has been subject to repair a total of 4 or more times within 2 years of the date of the first attempt to repair the defect or condition, or

The new motor vehicle is out of service because of repairs for a total of 30 or more days during the manufacturer’s warranty period or the first year, whichever is earlier.

Is there a time period within which the initial attempted repair must occur?

Yes. The buyer or lessee must have done the initial repair during the first year of delivery. The remaining three repairs, for the same defect, must occur within two years from the initial repair attempt. Alternatively, the vehicle must be out of service for repair for 30 or more days during the term of the manufacturer’s express warranty or within 1 year of delivery, whichever is earlier.

Does the buyer or lessee have the option of requesting a refund or replacement vehicle?

Yes. The buyer or lessee has the right to demand a refund or may choose to accept a comparable replacement motor vehicle currently in production. If a lessee agrees to accept a replacement vehicle, the lease agreement cannot be changed, except to substitute the vehicle identification number.

If I want a refund, what is included in the purchase or lease price?

The "purchase price" of the vehicle is the actual vehicle sales price listed on the buyer’s order including any cash payment, trade-in allowance, sales tax, license and registration fees and other government charges. The "lease price" means the actual sales price paid by the lessor and includes the same additions as the "purchase price." Excluded are debts from other transactions as well as customer discounts, rebates and incentives.

Okay, I think I have a defective motor vehicle. How do I start the process?

The first thing a consumer must do is give the manufacturer notice of the defect or condition by sending what is commonly called a "last chance letter" to the manufacturer by "return receipt service." The last chance letter should be sent before the fourth repair attempt or before the expiration of the 30-day period.

After my last chance letter, how long does the manufacturer have to repair my vehicle?

After you take the vehicle to the designated repair facility, the manufacturer has 5 business days to repair the defect or condition.

Must the buyer or lessee resort to the manufacturer’s arbitration procedure before filing a claim in the court system to pursue Lemon Law remedies?

No, unless the manufacturer’s mediation procedure conforms to Federal Trade Commission regulations and the manufacturer expressly requires the consumer to resort to the mediation process. Many manufacturers’ mediation procedures do not meet the requirements of the Federal Trade Commission regulations.

If I go through mediation, is the decision binding on me?

No. The manufacturer is bound by the decision, but the consumer is not.

If the buyer decides to bring a lawsuit against the manufacturer and wins in court, can attorney fees also be recovered?

Yes. The law authorizes the court to award reasonable attorney fees to a buyer who wins in court.

Can the manufacturer deduct an amount for the use of the vehicle prior to its return?

Yes. The statute sets out a complex formula to be used in calculating a "reasonable allowance for use," which takes into account the purchase or lease price, the number of miles driven, and other factors.

If the Lemon Law does not apply, are there other laws that might help a buyer or lessee?

The Lemon Law is only one law protecting buyers and lessees. Consumers may also pursue claims under the Michigan Consumer Protection Act, Michigan Uniform Commercial Code, Federal Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act, and other contract remedies. For more information, consumers may contact the Attorney General’s Consumer Protection Division.

Can the manufacturer or dealer cause consumers to waive their rights under the Lemon Law using a special clause in a contract?

No. Any contract clause which seeks to waive a consumer’s rights under the Lemon Law is void.

RIGHTS OF THE LEMON LAW

MICHIGAN LEMON LAW
Act 87 of 1986

(Click here for the text of the Michigan Lemon Law)

ATTORNEY GENERAL

Department of the Attorney General
Consumer Protection Division
P.O. Box 30213
Lansing, Michigan 48909
Telephone: 877-SOLVE-88 (toll free)
(877-765-8388)
Old 10-04-2006, 12:36 AM

i have the same issue, i called my dealer n told em i refusd to drive mycar cause soo much water was collecting it looked like a small pool, they gave me a rental for a 10 days, this was just 2 weeks ago.

when i picked up the car i seen water dripping underneath the car for the first time.

i figure thats a good sign. they must have resealed it and cleared up the drain pipe.

my service rep told me there is a service bulitin about all these cars doing that. my boss drives the g5 se, no problems at all, i have the gt, lots of problems
Old 10-04-2006, 10:59 PM

Sneaky, God Dammit, call 1-800-4-lemons! I am not in cahoots with them, but they are very very effective at what they do. Please give that number a call and get you a different car bro.
Old 10-05-2006, 12:58 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by MichiganMike
Sneaky, God Dammit, call 1-800-4-lemons! I am not in cahoots with them, but they are very very effective at what they do. Please give that number a call and get you a different car bro.
wow blast from the past, but you know what? I am not under standard warranty anymore.. I am under extended..I was told not much can be done now..

-Mike
Old 10-05-2006, 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by sneaky
wow blast from the past, but you know what? I am not under standard warranty anymore.. I am under extended..I was told not much can be done now..

-Mike
Damn, you had a claim way back when. Sorry to hear you are out of standard. I didn't wait that long. Mine is scheduled for repurchase sometime this month. I think you have been very patient anyways as far as the problems you have been having. Good luck!
Old 10-05-2006, 05:28 PM
Rattlesnake Race Shop

Received 409 Likes on 352 Posts
ME TOO! Just took it in today actually! getting it fixed on monday!