Problems/Service/Maintenance Do you have problems with your new 2.0, 2.2, or 2.4L? What kind of service did you have done?

GM and customer service

Old 10-29-2005, 11:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GM and customer service

i honestly think no one at the dealerships in my place know about customer service?? is it because i'm 19? and they think my rents are paying for my car??? i have no idea because i pay for my own ****, ever since i bought the car i've had dents on the body...think they'd fix it??? no! my outside door handle on the drivers side rattles when my music is on, or when a transport truck drives by...or even a car with a loud exhaust....think they fix it?? no! my engine has a rough rpm during some starts...think they'd actually investigate it and figure out what it is?? no!! i am never buying a nother GM based on the customer service...my buddy owns a honda, and the customer service is awesome, they even wash his car after they're done servicing it (outside body)....i feel if i'm gunna spend all this mony on a new car...it should be perfect...so far i'm dissappointed with a few things... other than that i love the car...but customer service is important to me...if theyre gunna treat me like i'm a piece of **** and i don't matter...than im not gunna purchase another car from them...
what about everyone else...how's the customer service at you're dealerships???
Old 10-29-2005, 11:48 PM
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
my dealership treats me like royalty. as far as dents go you should have brought it up to their attention before you purchased your vehicle. i personally wouldn't buy a brand new car that has dents on it. as for the rattles, dude, most economical cars have rattles.
Old 10-30-2005, 12:11 AM

I'm 23 and haven't been too pleased with the customer service either. Maybe its just the dealership I went to though. They been slow about things and their work hasn't been great.

As for the rattles, I would expect this car not to have noticeable rattles. During my reasearch before buying my car I remember reading about how they were working so hard to make this a quiet car. The only noise I've really noticed with my car is the wind noise in the rear windows that other people have mentioned.
Old 10-30-2005, 12:16 AM
Site Founder

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have no probles with my GM service. They even pick up my car and drop it off when it's done so I don't even have to drive there
Old 10-30-2005, 01:54 AM

my dealership has been great to me. they even fill up my car everytime i bring it there, but i think that's because they want to drive it.
Old 10-30-2005, 02:26 AM

it has nothing to do with gm, lol. its the dealership. my dealership is great. at least the body shop guys are, i've been serviced there about 6 times and its in the shop now haha,i'm their best customer.
Old 10-30-2005, 02:46 AM

A dealership quoted me $2500.00 worth of damage when I brought my car in for an oil change (tires, brakes etc....)......told them do the oil change and give me the car back.........took it to joe on the corner......who told me the dealer was raping me ...front brakes needed to be replaced but rear was still 60%. Tires were still ok. F***kin dealers.
Old 10-30-2005, 10:34 AM
Premium Member

Originally Posted by nomoreavril
it has nothing to do with gm, lol. its the dealership. my dealership is great. at least the body shop guys are, i've been serviced there about 6 times and its in the shop now haha,i'm their best customer.
Exactly! If you want you could send GM an email saying that the dealership you go to gives you poor customer service and tell them that you'd never buy a GM because of that. Also I would have gone to another dealer; of course if you knew that this was going to happen you probably would have. I know how you feel there is a dealership near me that gave me s**ty service when i got my cavy but when i buy a cobalt I ain't going there thats for sure.
Old 10-30-2005, 11:00 AM
The Stig

My dealership treats me pretty good. I had a paint defect on my hood and they painted it under warranty happily.
Old 10-30-2005, 02:11 PM
Domestics Pwn

95% of customer service problems for any car brand start at the dealer. I work at a dealer and (with my personal vehicles) have dealt with a lot of diff dealers. Some are excellent. Ive had GREAT customer service from GM, Ford, and Honda dealers... Ive also have TERRIBLE customer service from GM,Ford, Toyota, and VW dealers.. If you are reasonably close to another dealer. I would try taking your car to them a few times. Maybe the service will be improved.
Old 10-30-2005, 03:16 PM
Proud Playstation 3 Owner

I only go to the dealer where I bought the car for mechinal things, I go to the dealer here in town for the little things, sunroof bezel falling off the 4th time, oil changes, and DTC's.
Old 10-30-2005, 03:53 PM

The service manager at my dealership has known my family for years. He does what he can to take care of our cars. I would try another dealership if you can.

I know your feel your pain about the age thing. I'm a 20y/o and have long hair(i'm a guy). I went to 5 dealerships trying to find and drive an SS S/C. The two that actually tried to help me could get any in. The other 3 were a**holes. One actually walked me out of the show room and told me to come back when I was serious after I asked to test drive the car. Nobody in the dealership knew the car had arrived from prep yet, I made them realize it was there. I even told the salesman that it was the only one I had found with the options I wanted. I don't think I could have been anymore serious.

The other asked me to sit in his office while took someone for a quick test drive. 45 min after I saw him return from the test drive I walked out of his office, because he never returned. None of the other sales men/women didn't even acknowledge my existance as I walked past them.
Old 10-30-2005, 04:35 PM

I'm 23 and they treated me pretty well. However, I write for the local newspaper and they once asked if I could put in an ad for them, so they could be babying me... (Advertisements aren't my department, but I'll gladly milk the leverage!)

BTW, is anyone else having paint chip problems around the keyholes? I would understand it if it was scratching from the key, but I'm extremely careful and it's not scratching per se, it's just coming off in tiny chunks...
Old 10-30-2005, 04:36 PM

Oops... Sorry, I'm 24... Birthday was last week!
Old 10-30-2005, 04:44 PM

Wow , disappointing as an employee to hear these issues.
I've purchased many new GM products.

Out of 6 different dealerships;
Only 2 gave any meaning to customer service
in the service dept.

Only 2 gave me a FAIR amount for a trade
Once the salesman becomes aware of someones
employee status , they reduce trade in value

It will be difficult to find an "honest" dealership
In my experience I can only recommend 1 place
that offers both a fair trade and service
Fairchild Chevrolet in Westlake , Ohio

Dealership employees are NOT General Motors employees
Old 10-30-2005, 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by sunburst 2.4L
Once the salesman becomes aware of someones
employee status , they reduce trade in value
My Grandfather retired from the Proveing Grounds here. I know what you mean with the reduction on trade value.
Old 10-30-2005, 05:05 PM

I Live In Ajax, Ontario, Canada..
The dealership i goto has F%&KING morons for service representatives...

I explained that my breaks are wearing down fast, and then everytime i break i get a pull to the right./.. my rotors are pretty bad but the pads are still good

the representative said thats normal and that on hard breaking its gets hot (WELL DUHHH) and it takes time too cool.... so they wont do anything//

also9 my crank sensor went on the car and i took it in they fixed it took two days, i was not offered a car for the time being and when i got it back,. thank god i took it to a shop cause they didnt plug (i think its the water pump for the super charger) back in......
Old 10-30-2005, 05:13 PM

mugencivicsi - find another dealership
call Detroit explain your sit

remember "you will attract
more flys with honey"
Old 10-30-2005, 05:30 PM
Proud Playstation 3 Owner

Originally Posted by mugencivicsi
also my crank sensor went on the car and i took it in they fixed it took two days, i was not offered a car for the time being and when i got it back,. thank god i took it to a shop cause they didnt plug (i think its the water pump for the super charger) back in......
Mine did too, but they fixed it in a couple of hours. Down side when I went o go start it up it wouldnt start. They had to reposition the heads for some reason, and they couldnt get anyone from GM to help them. Took them the rest of the day to fix that problem.
Old 10-31-2005, 09:54 AM

my dealership has been very good to me over the years.
they replaced my headlights no questions asked when they had humidity, both times.
they buffed the paint build up on the edge of the door, and repainted the whole header area,
and last week after the oil change they washed the car for me.
and they have never abused the fact that my car is with them all day while I'm at work. millage is the same when I pick it up.

nothing but sparkling reviews from Gateway in Brampton from me.

I'm happy with my dealership
Old 10-31-2005, 01:20 PM

I work in customer service/retail part time and i have also dealt with many companies, car dealers, insurance agents, etc so I know how these things go. I am only 21, and have had very few issues with bad customer service anywhere I go.

I can give you two simple hints to help you get your way....1) always restate the employee's name that you are speaking to...after being greeted...in the middle of the conversation...and at the end...this will let them know that you aren't messing around and also shows them respect.

2) Don't be afraid to ask for a supervisor...that is what they are there for and in most cases will go out of their way to show you the respect you deserve as a customer. If you feel the supervisor is being unfair (not just the fact that you aren't getting your way, but that you really really FEEL that you are right), ask to speak to their superior and take it as far up as it needs to go.

If you do just those 2 simple things you are on your way to getting the respect you deserve...remember, in one way or another you are helping to pay their salary and indirectly, or directly, influence the decisions many, many other people will make in the future about shopping with this company.

/end rant
Old 10-31-2005, 01:41 PM

Someone should post a GM customer complaint hotline.. Tried to find it but cant.
Old 10-31-2005, 01:47 PM

hehe, acura dealerships are heaven...but anyways...

i always make it a point to make personal conversation with the service advisor unless they are complete hardcore a$$e$...they i usually just dont ever stand in their line again...or i find another dealership...
Old 10-31-2005, 11:10 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Dman
hehe, acura dealerships are heaven
Old 11-01-2005, 12:08 AM

im 22 they treat me like gold and bend over backwards for me.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: GM and customer service