Problems/Service/Maintenance Do you have problems with your new 2.0, 2.2, or 2.4L? What kind of service did you have done?

GM wtf!!! My car was not fully built!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2009, 09:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down GM wtf!!! My car was not fully built!!

Ok to some of you this may seem like nothing but frankly I'm pissed!! Right now, go out to your Cobalt, look inside the rear wheel wells, inside the rear or technically left or right side depends which side your on there are retainer clips holding the inner fender etc on.. You can find out easily if their there by gently pushing on the rear quarter panel just in front of you marker lights, the red ones!

Anyways to get to the point, my car has no retainer clips, thankfully I had to buy some new ones for an earlier project and had some left over, but seriously WTF I had no clips holding my inner fender on, sorry there is one above the rear suspension as well.. Quality is job one at Ford but definately not at GM
Old 04-05-2009, 09:30 AM

More cutbacks I suppose!! LOL GM and quality can't be used in the same sentence!
Old 04-05-2009, 09:32 AM
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
uhm...how about some pics of what youre talking about
Old 04-05-2009, 09:33 AM
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
...waste of server space.. IBTL
Old 04-05-2009, 10:50 AM

To mkulrey, nice, very nice and other crap that has been posted on here hasn't been a waste?

I still can't post pics by the way. sorry.. I will take a pic after I wash my car this morning and put it in my gallery ok.. But trust me those retainer clips which are circular, are there!! well not on my car.. Funny it took me close to 4 yrs to notice.. Just look inside ur rear wheel well and if you see a hole you got nothing its very obvious actually.. I also just thought it would also explain some of the noises we hear from our cars once inawhile!

Originally Posted by mkulrey13
...waste of server space.. IBTL
Old 04-05-2009, 10:53 AM
Platinum Member

nope. got all mine
Old 04-05-2009, 10:59 AM

I have heard stories from people that worked at the assembly plant in Lordstown.

Just after the thrid shift was told they would be laid off, I have heard of reports that the workers on the assembly line did not put all the necessary parts on the cars as they went down the line, their way of getting back at GM for cutting their jobs because they wern't selling the cars.

I would not be supprised if many new cars start showing up with similar problems...
Old 04-05-2009, 11:08 AM
Banned

My entire immediate family has driven ( and worked & retired from ) General Motors vehicles. And out of the 100+ vehicles that has probably been, not 1 of them has had a major mechanical WTF!!!! situation.

And I thank you The Driver, for teaching me something new. I approach life from a " learn something new everyday" POV. And you see, I never knew, even being an hour away from Detroit, that Ford has never in its history made a vehicle that has failed. I see why Toby Keith drives them!
Old 04-05-2009, 11:12 AM

uhm...if there were no retainer clips for 4 years and the liner didnt fall out then i would be pretty impressed by how well the liner would have to fit to not have fallen out by now...esp considering its inches away from a wheel rotating at a very high speed all the time...on and FYI im missing just 1 and i believe it may have been left off when i had a little body work done
Old 04-05-2009, 11:12 AM

I say if for 4 years it didn't have it and held up fine then whats the problem?

Also... I wouldn't necessarily blame GM after 4 years of owning a vehicle... my coolant is low damn GM they didn't top the f'r off! Maybe they wiggled out somehow... or maybe someone lost theirs and wanted yours lol. I dunno... just saying... after 4 years I wouldnt complain about GM, maybe after 4 months.
Old 04-05-2009, 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by YSUsteven
I have heard stories from people that worked at the assembly plant in Lordstown.

Just after the thrid shift was told they would be laid off, I have heard of reports that the workers on the assembly line did not put all the necessary parts on the cars as they went down the line, their way of getting back at GM for cutting their jobs because they wern't selling the cars.

I would not be supprised if many new cars start showing up with similar problems...
That does not surprise me one bit. This is why I chose to buy my new SS now instead of waiting for the UAW to be forced to take another pay cut by a bankruptcy court.

Techs at dealerships have found random loose nuts, pop cans etc hidden inside car panels after a UAW strike.
Old 04-05-2009, 12:21 PM

Received 60 Likes on 60 Posts
You guys know that those clips can fall out, right? I've lost a couple during the 3 years I had my car, they are about $.15 each, just get a couple more and replace them. They don't hold very well at all.
Old 04-05-2009, 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by ItalianJoe1
You guys know that those clips can fall out, right? I've lost a couple during the 3 years I had my car, they are about $.15 each, just get a couple more and replace them. They don't hold very well at all.
That's what I was getting at, especially after 4 years of use.
Old 04-05-2009, 08:14 PM

MORE FACTS.. read up please.

Ok heres the thing, ya 4 yrs, I noticed something b4 but only after I had some front bumper and the passneger side repainted after a **** up I did driving did I notice some clips missing from my front inner fender wheel well.. Anyways that was dealt with regardless..

The clips I speak of are/were missing in the rear wheel wells but how the do exactly 4 of these clips in the exact same spots just fall off? Second its been winter, ya maybe they froze off Not a hells bitch slap chance!! I have never lost any other of these clips on any part of my car due to anything other then some ******* body shop, by the way they never touched the inner wheel well, only the leading edges!

Ok maybe something happend along the line but give me a break.. I love my car and the Cobalt as well amen!! Those clips by the way cost 31cents each by the way, and ya they do handle **** very well!! .. When you buy a car it better come damn well assembled by all specifications! What if it was a clip that did/had something to do with the breaks and you or gf or kids are riding in it?

The inner fender is held on by a number of these clips by the way but regardless the things were missing, they also do not hold the fender wall up as they just hold it a little more securely, if it was rubbing, which I did not say it was I would have gone back to my stealership and had it dealt with! I just thought it was normal the way it flexed the rear fender like that, hey after all its a domestic JK!!

So there you go, what you think is what you think. I'm just telling you all the facts, just the facts maam..

SORRY NO PICS, damn camera sucks poo

Last edited by TheDriver!; 04-05-2009 at 08:17 PM. Reason: added something
Old 04-05-2009, 08:16 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
you get to worked up
Old 04-05-2009, 08:20 PM

Dummy
Old 04-05-2009, 08:22 PM

Received 71 Likes on 55 Posts
Originally Posted by ItalianJoe1
Exactly what I was going to say. I guarantee you they fell off over time. It happens...
Old 04-05-2009, 08:24 PM
Original Hayden Fanatic
Platinum Member

All I'm saying is Ford Ranger cruise control...
Old 04-05-2009, 08:47 PM

get

over

it

buy a kia or something
Old 04-05-2009, 09:28 PM

Your girl friend could of chisled them off with the ice scraper taking off the ice chunks this winter.
I personally lost 2 on one side and 3 on the other.
I just drove to the dealer and picked up a few and replaced them .
No biggie.
I hope nothing serious happens to the car for your sake!
You dont need the stress.
Old 04-05-2009, 09:34 PM

i was actually missing mine in the driver side fender just need to figure out where i can get me some.

Originally Posted by REIGN SS
or dodge caravan cruise problem the airbag clockspring would go bad and when ever you would break the cruise control would turn on and accelerate. (scary ****).

Or just the facts that i have only heard of fords spontaneously combusting.

Last edited by pimpnwink; 04-05-2009 at 09:34 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 04-05-2009, 10:06 PM

Received 60 Likes on 60 Posts
Originally Posted by TheDriver!
Ok heres the thing, ya 4 yrs, I noticed something b4 but only after I had some front bumper and the passneger side repainted after a **** up I did driving did I notice some clips missing from my front inner fender wheel well.. Anyways that was dealt with regardless..

The clips I speak of are/were missing in the rear wheel wells but how the do exactly 4 of these clips in the exact same spots just fall off? Second its been winter, ya maybe they froze off Not a hells bitch slap chance!! I have never lost any other of these clips on any part of my car due to anything other then some ******* body shop, by the way they never touched the inner wheel well, only the leading edges!

Ok maybe something happend along the line but give me a break.. I love my car and the Cobalt as well amen!! Those clips by the way cost 31cents each by the way, and ya they do handle **** very well!! .. When you buy a car it better come damn well assembled by all specifications! What if it was a clip that did/had something to do with the breaks and you or gf or kids are riding in it?

The inner fender is held on by a number of these clips by the way but regardless the things were missing, they also do not hold the fender wall up as they just hold it a little more securely, if it was rubbing, which I did not say it was I would have gone back to my stealership and had it dealt with! I just thought it was normal the way it flexed the rear fender like that, hey after all its a domestic JK!!

So there you go, what you think is what you think. I'm just telling you all the facts, just the facts maam..

SORRY NO PICS, damn camera sucks poo

I don't see facts here, this is all your opinion and assumptions. Maybe in Canada that passes for fact, but the reality is, a couple body clips fell off of your car after 4 years. By your own admission, you've crashed into something hard enough to need body work done on the front of the car, so we know it hasn't been babied or driven carefully. You "know" that the clips couldn't have just fallen out, they had to have been missing from the get go, but in 4 years you never bothered to notice? Never cleaned the wheels and saw them?

Comparing them to caliper bolts... please. Don't make it more dramatic than you have already. Those liners also have bolts at the ends, so they couldn't just fall off, and even once you remove everything the liner doesn't just drop off on the rear.

Please, calm down. For your own good.
Old 04-06-2009, 02:31 PM

Dude, it's a freakin Cobalt, not a Mercedes - get over it.

I'm sure they could roll out every new Cobalt with every detail perfect but let's face it....nobody is going to buy a $60k Cobalt.....

Or Ford Taurus transaxle.....daytime running lights......countless electrical problems.....rain gutter trim not staying attached.....springs rusting through and breaking.....engine cold idle at 2400 rpm.......brake drums cracking.....power steering resevoirs failing causing aeration of fluid causing power steering pump to fail.....

Oh, this is just on our car, not including all the other horrer stories I have heard.

Quality is job 1? Like hell it is.

Last edited by DaBuzzard; 04-06-2009 at 02:31 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 04-06-2009, 02:34 PM

Received 65 Likes on 59 Posts
All I can say is cars designed and built by humans.
Old 04-06-2009, 02:40 PM

its easier to say that, at least ford circled there biggest problem from the beginning.

Quick Reply: GM wtf!!! My car was not fully built!!