Cobalt SS Network

Cobalt SS Network (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/)
-   Problems/Service/Maintenance (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/problems-service-maintenance-69/)
-   -   Great...2 CEL codes now (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/problems-service-maintenance-69/great-2-cel-codes-now-6984/)

Tofu 10-22-2005 03:13 AM

Great...2 CEL codes now

Just got back from a meet here in Houston, first time since I've gotten my K&N that i've been putting her under load consistantly for a few hours cruising around and stuff. Anyway, just as I was pulling up a few minutes ago my CEL came on. Luckily my buddy works for Chrylser and had his DRBIII or V or whatever scan tool. Anyway I was too lazy and tired to take down the codes, but one was the "engine running lean" code and "PCM internal malfunction"...WTF. Anyone ever gotten this code before?

Needless to say this really sucks, I popped the hood briefly to check out the hose clamps from the TB to the intake tube were tight and they checked out alright. I guess I'll have to inspect the rest of it tomorrow....ugh. Hopefully the folks @ MP can help me out, or I'll call K&N get some ideas. I did everything by the book, disconnected the battery, used the MAF screws etc. etc. And as far as the PCM, I have no clue..I guess I'll have to take her in to the dealership for the 1000 time. :mad:

Maverick 10-22-2005 10:27 AM

sorry to hear that man. i was just about to go out and look at my car. now I don't know if I even wanna bother. there goes another non cel person.

3fo893013L 10-22-2005 10:38 AM

wow that sucks. I hope they go away :( I think my meet today with a few members will showcase me being the only one out of the group that doesn't get a CEL on K&N intake and Catback exhaust :lol:

JAESS 10-22-2005 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by sneaky
wow that sucks. I hope they go away :( I think my meet today with a few members will showcase me being the only one out of the group that doesn't get a CEL on K&N intake and Catback exhaust :lol:

Did you install them at the same time.
Joe

victory_red_SS 10-22-2005 11:44 AM

For everyone who installed their K&N intakes you likely did everything right. The dealership got the same results when they installed mine.
As for K&N goes, I expect they will soon say that it is all of our fault for bugging them so much for this intake that they had to rush to meet demand :rolleyes:

Maverick 10-22-2005 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by victory_red_SS
For everyone who installed their K&N intakes you likely did everything right. The dealership got the same results when they installed mine.
As for K&N goes, I expect they will soon say that it is all of our fault for bugging them so much for this intake that they had to rush to meet demand :rolleyes:

so what is the dealership doing with it now?

oldbenwa 10-22-2005 05:38 PM

Installed my K&N last night. CEL didn't turn on last night, but did this morning on my way to work. I didn't unplug the battery cause people on here and .com were saying that they didn't get a code doing it that way. Guess that doesn't matter.

How tight did you guys screw the MAF screws in?

Oldbenwa

Maverick 10-23-2005 12:43 AM

I screwed the maf screws in pretty tightly. although i didn't pay much attention to the supposed 'ring' thats on it. so maybe i'll make sure thats centered.

victory_red_SS 10-23-2005 08:29 AM

Originally Posted by Maverick
so what is the dealership doing with it now?

after it came on again I haven't been able to see the dealership yet. Now I am finding that the light comes and goes when it feels like. :rolleyes: