Problems/Service/Maintenance Do you have problems with your new 2.0, 2.2, or 2.4L? What kind of service did you have done?

Help Please.

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2013, 06:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Help Please.

Okay so the codes I have are:

P0101 - Mass air flow sensor - Which I just replaced last night.. But still showing the same code..
P0141 - Oxygen sensor - Which I am running a no cat down pipe so I assume thats why that is thrown..
P0300 - Multi miss fires.. Plugs were replaced 2 months ago..
P0325 - Knock sensor? This showed up today when I drove the car.. This came on after I just put the new MAF sensor on.
P0327 - Knock sensor (Circuit Low Input) this also showed up today after the MAF sensor install.
P1182 - Supercharger inlet pressure sensor, which I also replaced two months ago..

I replaced the MAF Sensor/the little sensor on top of the supercharger I believe its called the Barometric pressure sensor or something like that? New plugs because I was misfiring, which thats showing up to now.. Air to Fuel always drops to 10.0 even at a less than a quarter throttle, and doesn't create any power like I have no torque..? I am totally at a loss with this car.. Someone help me out please?
Old 04-11-2013, 09:36 AM

i seem to be having the same issue i have the p0101 code and i replaced the maf sensor cleaned the TB and the replaced all the couplers on my intake and cant figure it out
Old 04-11-2013, 10:00 AM

Hey car sounds good, I work as a tech at maxtons and saw you're user name on you're front bumper with cobaltss.net.
Old 04-11-2013, 10:09 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
have u reset the codes after u replaced the sensor?
Old 04-11-2013, 03:30 PM

Yea I cleared the code and then went for a drive and it came right back on after like five min of driving
Old 04-11-2013, 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by Boosted_ace
Hey car sounds good, I work as a tech at maxtons and saw you're user name on you're front bumper with cobaltss.net.
Hah good deal, and thank you I love my balt I have some other things I need to do with it before I am totally satisfied, and well get the little dint on the edge of my door fixed, and I should be golden. Do you have a balt to? I have since gotten rid of all the codes by replacing as I go but the car still runs funny when I give quarter throttle that is why I took it to Maxtons. Well mainly due to that recall they sent out I wanted to be sure, and I need the power steering changed anyway from the last recall. Only code I got now I believe is the P1182. But one of your techs told me my #2, and #3 Coil packs were toast, plugs which are only 3 weeks old are toast, and my barometric pressure sensor or MAP, which I had assumed was on top of the Supercharger, and it is, but its not the right one is bad. So I feel Ill have it running like a true champ next weekend when all is said, and done.
Old 04-11-2013, 05:27 PM

What all have u replaced
Old 04-11-2013, 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by dannysauer
What all have u replaced
Throttle body, Upstream, and Downstream O2's, Map sensor on top of the Supercharger, MAF Sensor, and I put my stock intake back on but drilled holes into bottom and side of the box it looks good and curred idol bounce. Now I need to replace #2, and #3 Coil packs, The other MAP pressure sensor which is between the head, and sc by injector #1, and Spark plugs. O ther then that I should be golden. You still having issues? and what all exactly is going on with your car?
Old 04-11-2013, 05:41 PM

O wait what intake are you running? and maybe you should try going back to stock intake, and modding it to breath better.. Trust me you will still see a difference.. Injen tho the MAF sits in a bad spot and is throwing the MAF off.. instead of being a smooth airflow, the air circulates within the tube throwing it off... So that that might be your problem, dont quote me on that because I am not 100% sure just going based off what I have experienced so far..
Old 04-11-2013, 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by MrSlickSter06SS
Hah good deal, and thank you I love my balt I have some other things I need to do with it before I am totally satisfied, and well get the little dint on the edge of my door fixed, and I should be golden. Do you have a balt to? I have since gotten rid of all the codes by replacing as I go but the car still runs funny when I give quarter throttle that is why I took it to Maxtons. Well mainly due to that recall they sent out I wanted to be sure, and I need the power steering changed anyway from the last recall. Only code I got now I believe is the P1182. But one of your techs told me my #2, and #3 Coil packs were toast, plugs which are only 3 weeks old are toast, and my barometric pressure sensor or MAP, which I had assumed was on top of the Supercharger, and it is, but its not the right one is bad. So I feel Ill have it running like a true champ next weekend when all is said, and done.
Yeah no problem, I always love when we get tc/sc cobalts, not many come in. I have an 07 sc ss. The maroon color with low rise. I go to the Sharon woods meets every year but seems like they are dieing down. Do you have a duel pass? My next mods will be cooling and id like to get the same heat exchanger you have.
Old 04-11-2013, 08:08 PM

i have a crazy idle thinking that i need to replace the TB cuz even reflashing my tune did not help just hoping to find someone around me to let me test out there TB and see if thats the issue but im throwing a p0507 now lol
Old 04-14-2013, 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by dannysauer
i have a crazy idle thinking that i need to replace the TB cuz even reflashing my tune did not help just hoping to find someone around me to let me test out there TB and see if thats the issue but im throwing a p0507 now lol
Wow lol ill have to look that code up, and what cold air intake you running?
Old 04-14-2013, 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by Boosted_ace
Yeah no problem, I always love when we get tc/sc cobalts, not many come in. I have an 07 sc ss. The maroon color with low rise. I go to the Sharon woods meets every year but seems like they are dieing down. Do you have a duel pass? My next mods will be cooling and id like to get the same heat exchanger you have.
Nope no duel pass for me lol.. Maybe later really no need for it right now. I'm off next weekend maybe we cAn meet up or something.
Old 04-16-2013, 01:05 PM

Yeah for sure, just let me know.