Problems/Service/Maintenance Do you have problems with your new 2.0, 2.2, or 2.4L? What kind of service did you have done?

i think i got all the bugs worked out...

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2008, 01:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i think i got all the bugs worked out...

i have my 06 ss/sc for about 3 weeks right now.the car is stock exept for poly trans mount bushings and a cold air intake. i have heard these cars are known for breaking two things. rear trans mount and flex pipes. i broke um both already. first the flex pipe, which i had to remove the down pipe form the car cut off the flange and broken flex section, then i welded in a much more duriable universial flex pipe. my rear trans mount also broke clean off, not the part that holds teh bushing but the part that bolts directly to the tranny. jus wondering if any one else had similar problems and soo fast, i haven t been overly hard on the car, i just got it so ya i have been crankin on it a bit, but not like dumping the clutch and doing smoke shows or high rpms for extended periods of time..
Old 10-13-2008, 07:47 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Im thinking you have more than just a cai ,Or it did and was removed after the rear mount was cracked and then sold to you.
What color are your pulley bolt ,should silver and the pulley black.
The flex pipe is corragated steel on a stock down pipe not braided or woven steel.That usually is aftermarket.
Old 10-15-2008, 06:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
its a stock pulley, the car was not moded before i bought it, i broke the flex pipe and welded the universal one in myself it has a stock down pipe, and i discovered a crack in the rear trans mount while instaling my poly trans mounts and it looked like someone overtightened in once and that cracked the ear of the mount, as when i tightened it back up it cracked more, i expected it to fail, which it did, ive gotten a replacement from a salvage yard. and the intake was instaled by me as well, as my family owns a collision shop and i bought the car smashed and repaired it as the stock intake system was damaged and an after market intake was a much more cost effective replacement. im gonna put up a thread with the before and after pics soon when i find what cam there on i think you'll find it interested the car was hit on the front driver side then rolled!
Old 10-15-2008, 03:10 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well the collision probably was the cause for the tran mount cracking,your original post didnt say it was in a wreck.Also the flex pipe cracking as well.
As I said before the flex pipes that are breaking im sure are the after market braided pipes.