Problems/Service/Maintenance Do you have problems with your new 2.0, 2.2, or 2.4L? What kind of service did you have done?

Knock sensor??

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2017, 02:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Knock sensor??

hey guys was wondering if you can help me out, I have a 2010 cobalt LT and the check engine light came on recently so I pulled the codes and p0327 came up and said it might be the knock sensor, a knock in my engine or low fuel pressure. I dont really hear a rattle coming from the engine and after I pulled the codes the check engine light turned off. Maybe it's a bad connection with the sensor?? Any help is appreciated and thanks in advanced!
Old 06-22-2017, 09:30 AM

Received 357 Likes on 318 Posts
Originally Posted by Santino21
hey guys was wondering if you can help me out, I have a 2010 cobalt LT and the check engine light came on recently so I pulled the codes and p0327 came up and said it might be the knock sensor, a knock in my engine or low fuel pressure. I dont really hear a rattle coming from the engine and after I pulled the codes the check engine light turned off. Maybe it's a bad connection with the sensor?? Any help is appreciated and thanks in advanced!
I'm pretty sure this is the same code that pops when the knock sensor is unplugged. So possibly bad connection or sensor. Even with the sensor unplugged your CEL won't come back on immediately. But after you go for a decent drive that will tell you if it is going to stay off or not.

I have a 2006 LS but I assume your knock sensor is in the same place as mine. It's fairly easy to get to, from underneath the front, up under the intake manifold and close to the starter motor. Wouldn't hurt to pull the wire clip off and look for corrosion, clean it up, throw some dielectric grease on there and connect it back together.
Old 06-22-2017, 03:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you! Really appreciate the response helped me out a lot.
Old 06-22-2017, 05:04 PM

Received 417 Likes on 341 Posts
Just shooting this out there but did you clean your engine bay recently? If the sensor got wet it can mess with the signal, throwing a code. I mention it because it happened on my VW and fortunately went away later.