Problems/Service/Maintenance Do you have problems with your new 2.0, 2.2, or 2.4L? What kind of service did you have done?

A message to CSS.net from Hahn RaceCraft, Read before CSS.net Moderators Lock/Delete

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2012, 04:07 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A message to CSS.net from Hahn RaceCraft, Read before CSS.net Moderators Lock/Delete

.........I suggest EVERY member on CSS read this Facebook post by Hahn Racecraft about CSS.net allegations BEFORE Moderators lock/delete the thread. I say this because the Moderators on this forum are very biased and play sides to certain companies like ZZP and will not tolerate bashing or negative comments to their chossen vendors.......PLEASE READ!

Unlike other members on this site, I do my own digging for information regarding research on products that I may be interesting in buying for my car. MOST members on here, listen to what ONE member says and think it is gospel and go along with the CROWD because it is COOL.

When I started on CSS.net, Hahn Racecraft products were the best part of there for members if you didnt mind spending a few extra bucks........Flash forward two years and all of a sudden this company that everyone loved is "Complete ****", according to a vast amount of members. I found it funny that people who didnt even own Hahn products had something to say about their quality and one member recently was even willing to sell ALL of his Hahn products that he didnt have any problems with to get another(more cooler for CSS.NET) vendor becuase he was listening to other members on this forum.

I decided to take the complaints on here directly to Hahn Racecraft, via Facebook. All of the common Hahn complaints that I have heard OVER AND OVER and on CSS.net, which I explained were not true anymore, I addressed to Bill Hahn Jr on the phone. I mentioned, Hahns prices, problems that members were having with fitment and damages, as well as there lack of presence on CSS.NET. SO HERE IT IS.........

a message to CSS.NET from Hahn Racecraft................enjoy

I wrote....

Hey Bill. I like you products ALOT. Recently there has been alot of negative feelings about Hahn Racecraft on Cobaltss.net and I think you should go on that forum and address some of the issues and feelings that many members have towards your company.

This has been going on ALOT on CSS.net

Hahn Race Craft Replied
Interesting comments! Blair, thanks for taking the time to post. You are correct, CSS.net has gone down a less-than-optimal path in recent times. We've ceased direct participation there while we focus on our ongoing rebirth here in Florida. The cross-country move and ground-up company rebuild has been a long and hard road, but it's been well worth it. Rolling up my sleeves and diving in has resulted in improvements that are substantial and company-wide, from quality control to pricing and everything in between. We are stronger now than we've been in years, and the best is yet to come!

It's unfortunate, but over time, many forums do tend to cannibalize themselves this way. We've seen this life-cycle of internet enthusiast forums many times in our long history, so this one does not come as a total surprise. We instead prefer to fight the good fight directly via our customer relationships and products, and let the internet-fracas chips fall where they may. It's been a formula that's served us well for going on 25 years. I'd much rather win the hearts and minds of customers the old-fashioned way than squander valuable time fighting e-battles against an essentially stacked deck. Our loyal customers tend to appreciate and respond positively to this no-nonsense approach, for many of them also dismiss certain forums as hopelessly biased and not at all objective.

And on that note: Jimmy, you may be the "smoking gun" we've been hoping would finally surface regarding the allegations of Cobalt intercooler tank failure. We've heard this allegation a few times, but have yet to actually have a customer contact us about it. As we've sold literally hundreds of these intercoolers, and you're the first to finally surface with this complaint, we're fairly certain it's not a widespread issue. Nonetheless, we do pride ourselves on taking care of issues for our customers, so we now extend the same hand to you. I do not see your name in our customer records, so I will message you for details on your purchase, as well as to request photos of the alleged damage so that we may address this situation correctly. Additionally, your allegation of an intake system rust-through is the first we've heard of in over a thousand sold for Cobalt SS Turbo, so we'd like to learn more about that as well. I'll be in touch with you directly.

As an aside to all, our current Cobalt intercooler design now uses CFD-designed cast end tanks that are more robust than the earlier sheetmetal tanks...but that's not why we redesigned this unit. While a side benefit was that it made the best-flowing design available now flow even better, our primary objective was to save our customers money via more competitive pricing. This change provided a cost-of-production savings that is quite substantial, and has enabled us to slash the price of this popular intercooler! Now that we enjoy a much-improved cost of doing business here in Florida, we will continue to share the savings with our customers...prices are baing slashed all the time, and Hahn quality is now more affordable than ever!

-Bill Hahn Jr.

Another member wrote in

is that why my intercooler end tanks popped after ~4 months and my original cold air intake rusted through after only 1.5 yrs??

Hahn Replied

Jimmy, I tried to message you, but was unable to find that feature on your page. Other options include: message me here on Facebook, call me directly at 352-486-2195 x170, or email me: sales@hahnracecraft.com. -Bill

This will get deleted from CSS.NET I am sure so enjoy for the moment and please visit the Hahn Raccecraft Facebook page to read the whole discussion first hand

next time instead of complaining on CSS.net, go right to the source........
Old 01-12-2012, 04:12 PM
USA Y U NO HAVE AUTOBAHN?

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Redemption from the under dog should always be praised

no need to suck their *****' though
Old 01-12-2012, 04:12 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by hydroturboss
I say this because the Moderators on this forum are very biased and play sides to certain companies like ZZP and will not tolerate bashing or negative comments to their chossen vendors...
before i even read your post... ^^^^^^ THAT is the **** that gets threads locked.
Old 01-12-2012, 04:15 PM

Dude wtf... I thought you were done getting on here... Go wrap more **** in carbon fiber and find something better to do with your time...
Old 01-12-2012, 04:18 PM

i like carbon fiber wrap
Old 01-12-2012, 04:20 PM
Platinum Member

so basically what i got out of that was, i <3 hahn. they like to have great customer service and try to produce good parts. they also like to resolve issues and improve parts.

thats what every company does....
Old 01-12-2012, 04:23 PM
Resident Post Whore/Troll

ZZP/MPX/TTR>HAHN

/thread

not bashing on hahn and their products, but what's with the hard on for them?
Banned

indeed that IS what a company does......but that is not what everyone said about Hahn...........im not for nor against Hahn, its just that IM calling CSS.net out on playing favs and having members lie about problems. If you have a problem, dont complain....take action and do something about it
Old 01-12-2012, 04:25 PM
Platinum Member

the reason hahn isn't still "on top" is because other companies came in with more parts, more improvements, better refining of perfection. yeah they had some turbos kits out there, misc parts. but, they just stopped offering more. stopped trying to venture further in to the market, its basically, they came in, started selling some parts, and called it good where they were at. granted they did have a big move. but, thats business. I have a hahn header, dp, and catback on my old lsj sc setup. best exhaust i've ever heard. but now, thats about all they have to offer. sure they're great people and a great company, but they need to get back in the game. and untill thats done people will be going elsewhere. i mean. a company that sells a turbo kit for $5k that uses an s20g turbo.... ain't gonna be getting anyone's attention too quickly
Old 01-12-2012, 04:25 PM
Super Moderator
Platinum Member

Received 212 Likes on 171 Posts
Hahn still makes parts? Lol
Old 01-12-2012, 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by 07MetallicSC
Hahn still makes parts? Lol
right there with ya haha
Old 01-12-2012, 04:27 PM
AWD > FWD

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I think part of tHe reason Hahn has gotten such as bad rep around here is because they quit posting. We don't hear anything from them anymore
Old 01-12-2012, 04:28 PM

IB4L
Old 01-12-2012, 04:30 PM
Banned

quote from Hahn......

"You are correct, CSS.net has gone down a less-than-optimal path in recent times. We've ceased direct participation there while we focus on our ongoing rebirth here in Florida".

You Moderators should be ashamed of your selves for making this forum have a rep of being an :unfriendly forum", ask anyone in other forum who have been on here......this is a mean forum
Old 01-12-2012, 04:31 PM
Fail Less.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I take offense to that first statement. Moderators don't have any reason to be biased toward or against any of the supporting vendors.
Old 01-12-2012, 04:31 PM
Banned

It's unfortunate, but over time, many forums do tend to cannibalize themselves this way. We've seen this life-cycle of internet enthusiast forums many times in our long history, so this one does not come as a total surprise. We instead prefer to fight the good fight directly via our customer relationships and products, and let the internet-fracas chips fall where they may.

quote from HAHN
Old 01-12-2012, 04:32 PM
Banned

hey man the turth hurts about you moderators......I have called Tommy out in a private PM and on here a few times evn yesterday he he still will not remark on my comments
Old 01-12-2012, 04:33 PM

quote from Hahn......

"You are correct, CSS.net has gone down a less-than-optimal path in recent times. We've ceased direct participation there while we focus on our ongoing rebirth here in Florida".

You Moderators should be ashamed of your selves for making this forum have a rep of being an :unfriendly forum", ask anyone in other forum who have been on here......this is a mean forum
go on the mustang forums and tell them u have a cobalt, see who's the mean forum now
Old 01-12-2012, 04:33 PM
Platinum Member

It's unfortunate, but over time, many forums do tend to cannibalize themselves this way. We've seen this life-cycle of internet enthusiast forums many times in our long history, so this one does not come as a total surprise. We instead prefer to fight the good fight directly via our customer relationships and products, and let the internet-fracas chips fall where they may.

quote from HAHN
yeah, the forum. not the mods. *******. we're hear to keep people in line so they don't get butt hurt. not to control what people post.
Old 01-12-2012, 04:34 PM
Fail Less.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
quote from Hahn......

The moderators don't "make" this forum into anything. It's members like yourself who badmouth companies, nutswing from companies, and generally start the trends of negativity and create the hostile atmosphere.

indeed that IS what a company does......but that is not what everyone said about Hahn...........im not for nor against Hahn, its just that IM calling CSS.net out on playing favs and having members lie about problems. If you have a problem, dont complain....take action and do something about it
Not for or against? Really? Cause it seems you like to ride there dick... What is it you doubt about what people have said? There are people that stand up against the majority, but they don't make threads like this there's a right way and a wrong way... Buy some Hahn parts and do a review about fitment quality and customer care, but don't be biased, for you I just don't think that's possible...
Platinum Member

quote from Hahn......

so we should be ashamed because hahn doesn't post while they open up shop in florida?? k, note taken.
Old 01-12-2012, 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by EXsoccer1921
so we should be ashamed because hahn doesn't post while they open up shop in florida?? k, note taken.
Old 01-12-2012, 04:35 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by ramrod1337
Buy some Hahn parts and do a review about fitment quality and customer care, but don't be biased
you obviously didn't read my post then..

EDIT. thought hydro posted that. not you

Last edited by EXsoccer1921; 01-12-2012 at 04:41 PM.

Quick Reply: A message to CSS.net from Hahn RaceCraft, Read before CSS.net Moderators Lock/Delete