Problems/Service/Maintenance Do you have problems with your new 2.0, 2.2, or 2.4L? What kind of service did you have done?

My engine and dealer problems - Part 2

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2011, 06:14 PM
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
My engine and dealer problems - Part 2

Ok, 91 days later, After back and forth with GM and Dealer, I have my cobalt back in the garage with a brand new motor. Power steering & chargepiping recall also completed. checked the car over quickly, didnt notice anything different or damaged. Got in the car started it up seemed fine. When to push the clutch in and WOAH, no feeling at all until the very bottom. Now my first thought was my throwout bearing after going through all the trouble with my clutch on my old 2.2 sedan. But with that car, i could pump the petal to get the feeling back at the top for a bit but that was not happening with this clutch. Im guessing it needs to be bled? If there is infact air in the lines, would i notice anything different with my brakes since they use the same lines/resiour? Brakes were fine entire way home. Also kinda disappointed after all this, they didnt even wash my car before giving it back to me..At least i thought that would be a good gesture since it was the porous block issue that i told them since day one and they refused to believe or look into the problem until i had some help from a forum member here who contacted some GM reps. I know the dealer browses this forum so others be warned, Be careful your dealer does not pull a fast one. I wont mention names so he doesnt get blasted by requests. If he wants to be known he can post. But anyways, Lets hope it just needs to be bled!

Last edited by mkulrey13; 01-03-2011 at 09:15 PM.
Old 01-05-2011, 01:28 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm sorry to hear that your still having problems after all of this time. If it makes you feel any better, I also had my motor replaced (bad casting) and when I got the car back (2 weeks after I was told I would) it gave me a low coolant light within 100 miles (the original reason for replacing the engine) I had leaking clutch fluid, and clutch chatter that I had never had before, and my steering wheel was crooked. I ended up getting everything but the clutch chatter fixed after many weeks of dealing with multiple dealers...
Old 01-14-2011, 01:02 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Glad to hear you are finally back on the road with an engine that works.
Old 01-14-2011, 01:07 PM
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Thanks, After it sat for 3 days i went to a shop to have the clutch bled but the clutch was like it used to be..lol so for now it works fine! but cars in storage until april.
Old 01-14-2011, 02:39 PM

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
glad to hear it man! nothing worse than being upet about a major repair and then having the repair done and finding more issues due to the repair being done improperly. i had my engine replaced under warranty as well and since then i hear a slight rattle sometimes. not very often but when it's there it makes me wonder what it could be.

Glad the member on the forum was able to help you out.. he's been really good to all of us when it comes to dealing with issues that are questioned by GM. I talked to a rep the other day .. it's all in my post "thank you GM" .. they have been good to me and it's nice to know help is only a PM or phone call away. A GM rep gave me her phone number in case anything happens to my car in the future