Problems/Service/Maintenance Do you have problems with your new 2.0, 2.2, or 2.4L? What kind of service did you have done?

Need help Please

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2009, 08:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need help Please

Heres the deal yesterday morning i go outside to start my car, nothing happens just get a click dash lights come on needles dont move headlights will work.No radio, car doesnt try to crank at all. So i unplug the battery for a bit hook everything back up it starts fine. I thought it was just one of them things nothing was wrong. Drove the car all yesterday started and stopped it multiple times ovr the day no problems starts up everytime. Now this morning same thing, wont start. Battery is unhooked now im hoping this will work again,but i need to fig out the cause. Any ideas Thanks!!!

Update: Just hooked battery up after being unplugged for couple mins, still wont start...HELP

Last edited by baltimorebalt; 02-01-2009 at 08:55 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 02-01-2009, 09:00 AM
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
check fuses.
Old 02-01-2009, 09:35 AM

Cant check big fuses dont have a continuity tester to see if they work ok. Others are fine. Anything else to look for until i can get a ride to store to get tester. Ideas?
Old 02-01-2009, 09:43 AM

Starter relay or solenoid?
Old 02-01-2009, 09:45 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
any lights on as far as security or anything?

Also, may be a good idea to check the battery itself.
Old 02-01-2009, 09:46 AM

do u drive a redline??( guess not since it says balt) i know redlines have a major problem with the ignition switch when it gets a little cold it wont start ( no start cold crank) you can check RL fourms and theres tones of threads on it( cost me like 35 bucks for a new 1 and its easy to install ( and you have to do a test to reset it but thats easy 2)
Old 02-01-2009, 10:12 AM

How do i check ignition switch or tell if security issue? FYI i installed ott stage 1 bout 3 weeks ago but never any problems until yesterday if that can have anything to do with it. Also just noticed tht my radio is on as soon as i hook battery back up? Dont know if this always happened and ive overlooked it or not, but i can get in and just turn on radio no key in or anything also can open dor get out (which should turn off radio) shut door radio stays on? Could that drain battery where i dont get enough cold crank amps to start car but have enough power for locks, dash lights, etc..? should i try to jump if i can? Thanks for the help guys keep it coming
Old 02-01-2009, 10:27 AM

FYI! He just got 2.8 stage installed about 3 weeks ago, but has ran fine up until now WTF??
edit: he beat me to it

bump for help? i suspect the radio or the amp is draining power from the battery even when the car is off? Blown amps can do that

I WAS RIGHT!!! i told him to unplug trhr radio fuse and..... it started right up???????? what is the prob?

Last edited by CobaltBob; 02-01-2009 at 10:27 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 02-01-2009, 10:38 AM

So like he said radio fuse is out car starts fine? wtf is going on here what to do now? Yes my car starts which is most important but there still a problem evidently lol
Old 02-01-2009, 10:53 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You have a High resistance or a short some where pulling the voltage down on the radio circut.Could be in the radio itself ,amp etc

Un plug the amp and put the fuse back in and see if it starts,Then the radio and so on to any other device you could have wired to that circut.
If the problem goes away then you have found the culprit.
Process of elimination will be the only way.
Old 02-01-2009, 11:11 AM

As far as electrical my car is stock system nothing done with that radio or anything hooked into it. So as long as radio fuse is out car will start, problem is it sucks and i dont have a radio or keyless entry and the problem not solved. Outta warranty of course so what do i do now if the radio is the culprit?
Old 02-01-2009, 11:21 AM

Let me look at the print to see whats on that circut,you are going to have to disconnect one thing at a time and keep trying it until the problem goes away and then you will know what has to be replaced.

That is all that is on the circut.
door lock remote reciver modual and the radio.

They are feed with red/white wires from the fuse box,
Heres where the door lock module is located

Remote Control Door Lock Receiver (RCDLR) (AUO)
Under the right I/P trim panel above the passenger inflator module

Looks like you might have to go through the glove box to get to it though ,im not sure

Unhook whats ever easiest first.

Last edited by Coblasts; 02-01-2009 at 11:33 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 02-01-2009, 11:21 AM

gotcha if you could give me a list or point me in the direction where to find it Thanks bro
Old 02-01-2009, 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by baltimorebalt
gotcha if you could give me a list or point me in the direction where to find it Thanks bro
Posts got merged.
I would not ignor the possibility of the wires being the problem as well.
If you have the radio out to unplug it ,check out the RD/WHt wire feeding it to make sure it not pinched or shorted to groung or another wire but normally that would blow the fuse .But take a good look,My moneys on a defective Radio though.
Old 02-01-2009, 01:23 PM

Alright man ill start with that, but you think just all of a sudden my radio gives out? Have you heard of this problem before? Odd but guess its whatever anything can happen ill start looking at the wires and go to town. Keep you posted thanks for the help!

Now i put the radio fuse back in and the car starts fine??? Its like the intial start is whats the problem yesterday unplugging the battery fixed it today unhooking the radio???wtf

Last edited by baltimorebalt; 02-01-2009 at 01:23 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 02-05-2009, 12:30 PM

So as long as my radio fuse isn't in my car starts right up so this weekend I'm taking apart my car see if any wires are messed up or anything. Here's another problem, didn't want to start another thread driving this morning my abs light came on my gauges rpm speedo and fuel gauge would go to 0 then right back up and light would go off. Happened 3 times turned off car and then whole ride to work never happened again. Car ran fine when it did it only occurs for couple secs. Could the problem be connected to everything wrong with my radio **** or could road salt be messing up speed sensors? Any ideas thanks

bump anyone? help? are these probblems connected, why would all my gauges drop and just abs light come on then right back off and run fine? Could they all lead back to radio or what? Any input thanx

Last edited by baltimorebalt; 02-05-2009 at 12:30 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost