Problems/Service/Maintenance Do you have problems with your new 2.0, 2.2, or 2.4L? What kind of service did you have done?

Oh!!...Never Again

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2006, 02:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh!!...Never Again

So ive had i nice little week of problems due too a dumb friend. He has a cousin that owns a tune and upgrade shop up in PA. Before id never needed to go up there, but 2 weeks ago i was cleaning my car and noticed my exaust tip was a little to black for my taste so i took it on the freeway and blew away a couple hondas (always fun) to blow the carbon out of it. But i didnt want to be running rich so i said what the hell id give it a shot and check this guy out, hell it was free if my friend came.
So i go up there after the guy closes his shop for the night. I had planed on doing alittle maintaining before he fooled with my pcm. SO i changed the oil and my oil filter. Changed the plugs, just basic stuff to keep it up to par. So i go to take a **** and they think it would be fun to take my belt off and throw it in a near by pool. Yeah well when i found out i created a f*** storm and they went and got it. I dont know how they got it off cause my belt tool in my trunk in a locked tool box that i keep for emergencies.
What ever they did they put a stupid glaze on the belt and when i started my car it was screaming to high heaven. I was pissed obviously and they felt bad so they go to pepboys and get some belt dressing. On they way back im reading instructions and tell them over and over dont do it while the belt is running. So im in the shop and its screaming so loud i cant hear myself. I shut the car off, and a personal call comes in. Walk away, here the car start no screach then it comes back. I walk in and what are they doing, spraying it when the car is running. I nearly blow a vain in my forhead.
Didnt fix the belt, actually made it worse, got it all over the engine ( i really dont know how they did ether but it was all the way over on my intake tube.)
So its really not a big deal, i have to buy a new belt, 30 40 bucks i think or am i wrong? and i gata get some engine degreaser and powerwash everything. and he never popped my software in to tune it.
Old 12-07-2006, 02:53 AM
Banned

sorry man that sucks. Im pretty sure chlorine isnt good for any rubber it has a tendency to dry it out, make them pay for the belt if you ask me....but you didint
Old 12-07-2006, 07:17 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
this is where friends turn into foes and bitch slaps would be applied....
Old 12-07-2006, 07:30 AM
360 L337 User

Whats the name of the shop in PA?
Old 12-07-2006, 07:35 AM

jackasses..